Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Millet
Posted by: lostsoul65 ()
Date: September 27, 2019 02:37PM

I have search the Internet and everywhere I go is Cooked millet. It's my understanding you can prepare millet without cooking by soaking it for 6 hours and then eat it but I never did it before and there isn't really any information on how to prepare it that I can fined?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2019 02:44PM by lostsoul65.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Millet
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: September 27, 2019 04:11PM

Re: Millet
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: September 28, 2019 11:26AM

Hippocrates Institute found that 80% raw 20% cooked is okay for the immune system. since you are eating canned food, it is fine to cook the millet, as a step towards getting away from canned food.

Try to focus on easy to digest raw foods such as fruit, vegetables, tender leaves rather than tough starches. It's possible to eat raw grains but they require a lot of work, sprouting, even fermenting in order to eat raw. Why go through so much work when you are still eating canned fruit? Just cook the grains (you can sprout them first to make them healthier) and eat raw fruit and stop eating canned food except to avoid starvation.

If you want to know what grains are easy to eat raw, it's oats. They have raw rolled oats too. YOu can soak over night and then blend in the morning. It's important to blend the raw soaked oats before eating so you can digest easier. YOu can also take whole oats and sprout a couple days and then blend, but many people just use the raw rolled oats.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables