Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juicing fruit: what is the truth?
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: October 09, 2019 01:55AM

I feel like I have been deceived about not juicing fruit. I won't name names but people from all diets, even some but not all fruitarians warn against juicing fruit. I never quite believed people anyway, because for years and years, I juiced a 25 pound bag of oranges each week and it resolved phlegm in my throat, which may have come from being raised on raw milk and getting annual strept throat infections from the milk until I turned vegan at 19.

I have been juicing fruit for a couple weeks now and it's very healing. I got a tribest shine juicer and I have been juicing nopal cactus fruits (which are beneficial for diabetes and blood sugar) with other fruit like apple, blackberries, pineapple.

Today I juiced 6 pints of blueberries. I found them at a discount store, all certified organic, $1,99 each. SOOO healing. I juiced one pint at a time and drank one pint before juicing the next one. Fresh blueberry juice is thick with pectin. It's not watery like in a pasteurized juice bottle. Fresh blueberry juice feels astringent, I could feel it activating my lymph nodes, which I have never felt eating blueberries. I run the pulp through a few times. I feel rather full after juicing all those berries.

It's different drinking thick blueberry juice compared to watery watermelon juice. Obviously they will affect the blood sugar differently, but people shouldn't make blanket statements about fruit juice.

I remember the first day I started juicing my fruit a couple weeks ago. I felt sleepy right away and I had to take a nap for a few hours. I thought, oh insulin resistance, this is bad. But the next day and every day after that, I have not felt sleepy once. It seems it was a detox for me on the first day.

I love this juicer for fruit (the shine). Twin gears are for greens.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juicing fruit: what is the truth?
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: October 09, 2019 11:58AM

[youtu.be]
2:09 MM
To find out if it was definitely the soluble Fiber that made this happen, the experiment was done again, but this time just with Berry Juice that had all that Sugar, but No Fiber. What was amazing was the results were almost exactly the same as the Whole Fruit Test showing us that the Beneficial Responses were pretty much the same between the Juice and the Whole Berry. This because Fruit contains Phyto-Nutrients that Block the Transportation of Sugars through our Intestinal Wall into our Blood Stream basically inhibiting some of the Uptake of Sugars by the Cells lining our Intestines. 2:46 MM

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: October 09, 2019 01:58PM

The reason why serious health seekers are not juicing fruits is that at the end of the juicing effort, the fruit pulp (which contains minerals and nutrients) from the juicer can be eaten, after drinking the juice. So why not eat the whole thing to begin with?

The other reason is that some health gurus like Brian Clement, Gabriel Cousens recommend limiting fruit in the diet, so juicing fruits force us eating more fruits than we really need.

There are times when we have too many fruits and it is fine to juice them.

Date: October 09, 2019 04:13PM

Raw Practicalist
The reason why serious health seekers are not juicing fruits is that at the end of the juicing effort, the fruit pulp (which contains minerals and nutrients) from the juicer can be eaten, after drinking the juice. So why not eat the whole thing to begin with?

Tai
After I juiced all those blueberries yesterday, (and ran the pulp through a few times), I collected the pulp, which was mostly seeds and skin and fairly dry, and I placed the pulp in a quart mason jar. THe pulp took up about a third of the jar. I poured distilled water over it about two thirds. I will take advantage of the blue pigments being released into the water (it's soaking in the fridge), strain it, drink the rich blue water and bury the seeds. I will grow baby blueberry microgreens and grow some plants too. Let's see if the seeds are viable after being juiced a few times.

Juicing blueberries was eye-opening, in terms of power and healing. This summer I ate many pounds of blueberries in one week to see the healing effect. I did feel healing after a week of eating so many pounds. I finally felt the healing power that is claimed for the eyes, but it took many pounds. I also got those at a discount, under $2/a pint for certified organic. (right? please don't eat non-organic for healing). But though I felt the power after a week of eating the whole berries, yesterday I felt the power with each juiced pint and those berries were on the old side, not at their peak ripeness, because they had been sitting too long in the fridge, but not moldy. What I am trying to say is that if I ate those same old berries, I would have felt not much at all, whereas juicing them, I felt a wonderful healing.

DOn't get me wrong! If I get super-ripe, sweet, perfect blueberries, I am going to eat them. But now I am hooked on juicing berries. Later I will share my experience juicing blackberries.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: October 10, 2019 02:47AM

[www.endocrinologynetwork.com]
100 Percent Fruit Juice Does Not Affect Blood Sugar Levels

I've been juicing a lot lately. Watermelon, orange, cucumber, carrot... Today I just had 24 ounces of orange-pomegranate. Can't wait for tangelos to be in season to make tangelo-pomegranate. I usually take algae with them as well which further balances blood sugar.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: October 10, 2019 02:51AM

If one were to have one healthy habit, daily pomegranate juice would certainly be one of the most powerful.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: October 10, 2019 03:06AM

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
Fresh pomegranate juice ameliorates insulin resistance, enhances B-cell function, and decreases fasting serum glucose in type 2 diabetic patients

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: October 10, 2019 10:02AM

jtprindl
If one were to have one healthy habit, daily pomegranate juice would certainly be one of the most powerful.

These are fruits that imported from far away regions of the world, they are not as good for our health as indoor growing micro greens or tomatoes growing in the backyard.

Nutrients are irrelevant, what count is how fresh and living the food is.

I bought one last week it was not ripe

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2019 10:25AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: October 10, 2019 01:27PM

JTP, what juicer are you using for pomegranate?

Raw Practicalist
These are fruits that imported from far away regions of the world,

Tai
I think this is still a good thing. It is God's mercy to be able to export coconuts to everyone, even in snowy areas. I would want coconut and citrus fruits, banana, aloe and cactus no matter where I lived, even in ALaska. Pomegranates grow here in California and there are too many of them for us to eat, so it's better to share with you on east coast. The wild parrots come to eat pomegranates but there are still too many. Please help us eat them or they will go to waste.

I myself do not like to eat pomegranates. Too much time. SO the only way I consume them is to juice them. I like to juice them with fuji apples. Unripe fruit is good to juice. Whenever I have opened a melon that wasn't fully ripe, I juiced it and it was good.

Raw practicalist

Tai
do you believe this about vitamins and minerals, that they are irrelevant?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2019 01:31PM by Tai.

Date: October 11, 2019 01:08AM

Tai
JTP, what juicer are you using for pomegranate?

Raw Practicalist
These are fruits that imported from far away regions of the world,

Tai
I think this is still a good thing. It is God's mercy to be able to export coconuts to everyone, even in snowy areas. I would want coconut and citrus fruits, banana, aloe and cactus no matter where I lived, even in ALaska. Pomegranates grow here in California and there are too many of them for us to eat, so it's better to share with you on east coast. The wild parrots come to eat pomegranates but there are still too many. Please help us eat them or they will go to waste.

I myself do not like to eat pomegranates. Too much time. SO the only way I consume them is to juice them. I like to juice them with fuji apples. Unripe fruit is good to juice. Whenever I have opened a melon that wasn't fully ripe, I juiced it and it was good.

Raw practicalist

Tai
do you believe this about vitamins and minerals, that they are irrelevant?

It's not the greatest juicer but I have a Hurom. Can't remember exactly which version but I got it about seven years ago.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: October 11, 2019 01:45AM

JTP
It's not the greatest juicer but I have a Hurom. Can't remember exactly which version but I got it about seven years ago.

Tai
I tried a Hurom about 7 years ago or so. it was pretty good for fruit but not the greatest for greens. I never tried nopal cactus fruits in the hurom, so I don't know about that. I specifically bought this tribest Shine juicer to juice cactus fruits, based on john Kohler's recommendation. I plan on juicing these cactus fruits a few times a week for as long as I can find the red ones. Hopefully til December. The next big test will be pomegranate.

I just looked up the Hurom and they now have a new model, an Elite slow juicer. I will check that out someday.

Remember Genesis SUnfire? He progressed from fruitarian to liquidarian and he was doing these massive workout routines while only on a liquid diet. IT seems he really messed up his body by getting those tattoos and piercings. But the point is that he was drinking fresh raw fruit juice while he was at his prime.

Date: October 11, 2019 09:26AM

Tai
JTP

Tai
I tried a Hurom about 7 years ago or so. it was pretty good for fruit but not the greatest for greens. I never tried nopal cactus fruits in the hurom, so I don't know about that. I specifically bought this tribest Shine juicer to juice cactus fruits, based on john Kohler's recommendation. I plan on juicing these cactus fruits a few times a week for as long as I can find the red ones. Hopefully til December. The next big test will be pomegranate.

I just looked up the Hurom and they now have a new model, an Elite slow juicer. I will check that out someday.

Remember Genesis SUnfire? He progressed from fruitarian to liquidarian and he was doing these massive workout routines while only on a liquid diet. IT seems he really messed up his body by getting those tattoos and piercings. But the point is that he was drinking fresh raw fruit juice while he was at his prime.

That's my experience as well, good for fruit but not the best for greens. It does seem to juice sunflower greens quite well but then again I haven't seen what another juicer can do.

I remember him, never really took him seriously to be honest. Hopefully, he didn't cause too much damage to himself. Raw living juice is more powerful than it gets credit for.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: October 11, 2019 09:53AM

>do you believe this about vitamins and minerals, that they are irrelevant?

Vitamins and minerals are relevant in many parts of the under developed world where people lack food and the basic element of nutrition.

But in the developed countries, there is excess food, we have many overweight, large belies walking the street. In those cases of abundance, the main issue is not nutrients but digestion. The body needs only 56 gram of protein per day and every food even fruit has some protein but will see some people eat the equivalent of an entire chicken in one seating.

That is why those very sick who switched to a potato or tomato only diet regain their health.

For juicing citrus fruits and pomegranate there are two good juicers

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

1. Jupiter commercial citrus press
[www.bobsop.com]

2. Olympus commercial citrus press
[www.therawdiet.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2019 10:16AM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: October 13, 2019 06:00AM

RawPracticalist

The other reason is that some health gurus like Brian Clement, Gabriel Cousens recommend limiting fruit in the diet, so juicing fruits force us eating more fruits than we really need.

There are times when we have too many fruits and it is fine to juice them.

disqualifies them as health gurus.
in fact that makes them negative health influencers.
but we've seen this rant before from me on them heh heh

Date: October 13, 2019 02:38PM

You have a point.

If bonobos and chimps are our closest human relatives, let's just see what they eat.

We have to admit that as human, we are more evolved and we do not eat other animals as they do.

1-Diversity—In Kibale chimpanzees were found to have consumed no fewer than 102 species (and perhaps many more) of plants either in the form of fruit or leaves. How many species are in your fridge?

2-Figs—Nearly half of all of the food consumed by chimps appears to be one or another kind of figs, fruits of the Ficus trees. Fig trees produce delicious, nutritious fruits in large numbers. Chimps are not the only animals to eat figs.

3-Clumps—Chimps eat many kinds of fruit throughout the year, but any given fecal sample is likely to include just one or two species of fruit. In essence, chimps eat bananas and apples all day one day and oranges and pears all day the next

4-Meat. Partially lapsed vegetarians, chimps eat meat. Seven kinds of primates, including their favorite, red colobus monkeys (Procolobus rufomitratus tephrosceles) are on the menu as are three other mammal species. But most chimps don’t eat such meaty treats often. Three percent of the average chimp diet comes from meat. On average, nine days a year are meat days for chimps.

5-Variety—In considering our ancestral diets, we tend to imagine our ancestors ate “ideal” diets for their bodies. No chimps eat an “ideal” chimp diet. Different chimps eat different diets as a function of what they find, just as our ancestors would have eaten different foods depending on just where they lived as well as other factors. If there are no fig trees, chimps do not eat figs.

6-Termites and ants (and their chitin)—Some chimps are good at eating termites, honey bees and driver ants. I’ve eaten both ants and termites, but I suspect that makes me weird rather than in touch with my ancestry.

7-Other--A fair number of items I do not think of as food are eaten by chimps and other apes. Chimps at Kibale ate dirt. Gorillas eat wood and the occasional stone. For apes more of the forest is edible than one would guess.
[blogs.scientificamerican.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2019 02:40PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: October 13, 2019 04:30PM

Bonobos are much closer to humans than to chimpanzees, so we should be looking at what bonobos eat and not what chimpanzees eat.

[www.youtube.com]
Eat Like A Bonobo
9:01 Minute Video

Published on Jul 16, 2018
In this Video, John Rose takes a closer look at our Closest Genetic Relative - the Bonobos and questions whether or not we should Eat what Bonobos Eat. Since Bonobos share 99.5% of our genetic makeup, John makes a compelling argument that we should, indeed, take a much closer look at what our Closest Genetic Relatives Eat and Modify it accordingly.

Related Videos:

2 Secrets from Nature Tell Us What to Eat - [www.youtube.com]

Honoring Our Symbiotic Relationship - [www.youtube.com]

If Our Food Could Talk, What Would It Say? - [www.youtube.com]

Benefits of a Raw Food Diet - [www.youtube.com]

Best Transition to a Raw Vegan Diet - [www.youtube.com]

Per Video Tape JR# 00240 - 09:09 made 7-14-18:

Hello, my name is John Rose and in this Video, I’m going to take a closer look at our closest genetic relative - the Bonobos, formerly known as the Pygmy Chimpanzees. We share 99.5% of their genetic makeup. Bonobos are closer to us than they are to Chimpanzees. And what do Bonobos Eat?

98% of their Diet is Fruit, 2% comes from Veggies or 1 to 2% and less than 1% comes from Insects. They studied the Bonobos and they found that in 1 year they’ll Eat about 110 different Plants. Any given day they will Eat about 10 different Plants. In 1 month they’ll Eat 40 different Plants and that 10 Plants make up 80 to 90% of their Caloric Intake.

Anyway, what are Bonobos Eating?

Should we emulate everything they do?

Of course not, we’re not exactly like them, but it’s interesting that they prefer Fruit more than anything else and that these non-seasonal items that are available all year around from the Plant Kingdom whether it’s Leaves or Flowers or Stems or Shoots or Piths they’ll Eat more of those when there’s not as much Fruit. They rely on those more of a backup.

So they’re getting most of their Carbs and Vitamins, virtually all of those, from their Fruit and then, when they Eat those Greens, the Plants, they’re getting lots of Protein and Minerals.

Now what they’ll do when the seasons when there’s not as much Fruit around and they might Eat as much as 30% of their Diet comes from those Plants where the other Plant Material besides Fruit what they’ll do is they’ll Chew Wadges of Plant Material so they can extract even more Nutrients. And Wadging is simply Chewing it and spitting it out - sucking the Juice out of whatever is in there and spitting it out, so they are doing a form of Juicing.

So they know that their Diet is supposed to be made up mostly of Fruits because that’s their Biological Adapted Diet - their Species Specific Diet and the Greens are there to help boost the Protein and give them more Minerals and to help sustain them when there’s not enough Fruit. And again, when they have to increase that Plant portion to their Diet, they don’t do it by Eating a lot of it - they do it by Wadging. They Chew, Chew, Chew and then, spit it out.

So there’s a lot of people who are going to say, well, if you’re going to say we’re like the Primates, you know, look at the Gorillas, we should be Eating 50 Pounds of 50 to 100 Pounds of Greens a day.

No, every Animal is going to be dependent upon, you can even study 2 groups of Bonobos and you’re going to find their Diet to be slightly different because of where they’re at. 3:10 MM

Date: October 13, 2019 05:47PM

>98% of their Diet is Fruit, 2% comes from Veggies or 1 to 2% and less than 1% comes from Insects.

Good video John

How do we solve the fresh fruit from the tree problem?

These animals are getting their fruits from the tree.

The fruits we get especially in cold areas are imported, not mature on the tree, not ripe.

Green juices and green smoothies from rich vegetables such as kale have shown to be not good for us because of oxalic acid.

Is light cooking the solution? [traditionalcookingschool.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2019 05:51PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: October 15, 2019 03:58PM

RawPracticalist
jtprindl

These are fruits that imported from far away regions of the world, they are not as good for our health as indoor growing micro greens or tomatoes growing in the backyard.

I bought one last week it was not ripe

It's not about better, they are both beneficial and uniquely healthy in their own ways. Fresh broccoli sprout juice will provide you with a large dose of sulforaphane that kills cancer stem cells and greatly aids in detoxification. Pomegranate juice nourishes the cardiovascular system. If it was possible, the only pomegranates I would eat would be ones picked immediately before eating.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: October 23, 2019 01:45AM

I said I would share about the blackberry juice. So I juiced maybe 8 containers in 2 days (only $1/each,certified organic, wholesale price), each container was about 6 oz. I juiced with the cactus fruits and grapes. I also tried the pure juice in a little melon juice and it was astringent and I could feel my lymph in my neck. When I juiced the blackberry with the nopal cactus fruits, etc, together, I felt like I had finally found the food the best suits my constitution. Those pigments and antioxidants are so soothing for my body, not to mention I ate red/violet dragon fruit that day and week, and the cactus-berry juice is so much more healing for me than trying to eat the fruit and spit out the seeds. I don't mean to imply that I can live only on this, because it's mostly liquid, albeit very thick, but it's like the missing nutrients that I have needed (plus other similar berries like blueberry and my black mulberries I grow).

I don't feel any blood sugar changes when I drink a quart of juice quickly (before enzymes dissipate), probably because the cactus fruit moderates that. What I actually feel when I drink it quickly is a profound healing in my head and neck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2019 01:47AM by Tai.

Date: October 24, 2019 12:28AM

I googled blackberry and this is what I found first and I could not juice it

Then I realized that maybe I need to move
to the next page of the Google search.

This time my juicer did not break.

Oh my God, there is nothing like it.
Maybe because it was the first time but I was in Heaven.
The whole body lifted.

Date: October 28, 2019 12:26AM

Blueberry Supplementation Improves Memory in Older Adults†

The prevalence of dementia is increasing with expansion of the older adult population. In the absence of effective therapy, preventive approaches are essential to address this public health problem. Blueberries contain polyphenolic compounds, most prominently anthocyanins, which have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. In addition, anthocyanins have been associated with increased neuronal signaling in brain centers, mediating memory function as well as improved glucose disposal, benefits that would be expected to mitigate neurodegeneration. This study investigated the effects of daily consumption of wild blueberry juice in a sample of nine older adults with early memory changes. At 12 weeks, improved paired associate learning (p = 0.009) and word list recall (p = 0.04) were observed. In addition, there were trends suggesting reduced depressive symptoms (p = 0.08) and lower glucose levels (p = 0.10). We also compared the memory performances of the blueberry subjects with a demographically matched sample who consumed a berry placebo beverage in a companion trial of identical design and observed comparable results for paired associate learning. The findings of this preliminary study suggest that moderate-term blueberry supplementation can confer neurocognitive benefit and establish a basis for more comprehensive human trials to study preventive potential and neuronal mechanisms.
[pubs.acs.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2019 12:31AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: December 08, 2019 11:02PM

By the way, the shine juicer juices pomegranates really well.

I had a combo of blackberry, pomegranate, nopal fruit and apple and I felt some healing in my lumbar, which was really special.

I finally figured out a trick with the nopal pulp. After juicing, I mixed the nopal cactus fruit pulp in a small amount of water to cover the pulp and i stirred really well. I ran that combo in the juicer and I was able to extract a lot more fruit out. It seemed like too much of a waste to throw away the pulp while it was so full of color and moisture, even though full of seeds. So i do that every time now and so nothing really goes to waste. I run the blackberry pulp 3 times, so mostly seeds are left. Pomegranate is completed after one run.

Date: December 18, 2019 09:35AM

In another thread... BJ posted.

BJ
The article stated that the modern fruit is bred for it's sugar content, not it's nutrition or fibre content ( especially here in Australia ) and as a result the gorillas teeth were rotting. That their teeth were rotting is factual and you can't argue with that. Maybe the fruit quality is better in the US or other zoos, but it was just something I found interesting not coming from the raw food community - just an independent source with no ax to grind. Maybe it was too much fruit, but you would think they would know better, or is our fruit down here too crappy and sweet?

If modern fruit is bred for its sugar content, juicing it is pure consumption of sugar.

Where can we find ancient fruits?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2019 09:56AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: December 18, 2019 10:33PM

BJ blames the fruit.

Not the fact that they are in a zoo

This is the level of insight of someone who claims he failed on raw but could not have done anything wrong it must be the diet...

Date: December 19, 2019 12:37AM

RawPracticalist
In another thread... BJ posted.

BJ
The article stated that the modern fruit is bred for it's sugar content, not it's nutrition or fibre content ( especially here in Australia ) and as a result the gorillas teeth were rotting. That their teeth were rotting is factual and you can't argue with that. Maybe the fruit quality is better in the US or other zoos, but it was just something I found interesting not coming from the raw food community - just an independent source with no ax to grind. Maybe it was too much fruit, but you would think they would know better, or is our fruit down here too crappy and sweet?

If modern fruit is bred for its sugar content, juicing it is pure consumption of sugar.

Are you concerned about your health are you not feeling well are you happy with your diet?
I mean the USDA nutrient database is updated yearly if you put your diet in there you'll probably see that you're getting enough nutrients and fiber

Date: December 19, 2019 01:17AM

Raw Practicalist:

Tai,
The juice I make is NOT pure sugar. It is thick with pectin and mucilage from the cactus fruit. I also was not exaggerating when I said this this antioxidant juice has been HEALING for my body; not even in the category of "sugar" juice. Also, I left a small glass of blueberry juice for someone who only drank it the next day. the next day, the juice was a complete solid, upside down nothing spilled because the pectin had turned the juice into a solid. So you can never compare store bought juice to this fresh juice--they are not the same.

Even if I didn't have the cactus fruits, there are other ways to control blood sugar, like adding protein, such as Lou Corona making gorilla milk instead of pure juice. He mixes coconut almond milk (with rice protein) with green juice. sometimes fat helps certain vitamins get absorbed.

Grapefruit juice also lowers blood sugar, so this can be mixed in to control blood sugar.

Fruit is very important for vitamin c which is very important to heal the mouth and teeth. That is an irony, isn't it? If you totally avoid fruit and not get enough vitamin c, you could actually have teeth problems. The way I see it, the point is not about avoiding juicy fruit (which may be healing in certain proportions), the point is to REMINERALIZE through other foods. Vitamin C is important for collagen too
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
This study reminds me of the fruitarian couple Janette Wakelin and her husband who did a marathon everyday for a year eating the raw vegan high fruit diet. HOWEVER, her husband became deficient in B12 and had to focus more on greens at a certain point, maybe after the year was over.

I agree with Fresh about the limitations of being in a zoo. Out in nature, an animal can eat according to his/her needs and inner knowing about what it needs to heal. But it does bring into question this fruitarian dream of always wanting to live on fruit, regardless of the season. Maybe winter forces animals to eat less fruit, regardless of their preference, so they can remineralize. I noticed Fit Shortie Eats, the fruitarian couple who is raising a fruitarian baby, were being criticized by trying to glamorize a fruitarian diet while living in very cold Europe now. People felt they were being elitist (because fruit is so expensive in the winter there) and also fighting the true season. I still think some fruit handles well in the winter and should be ok, like citrus, coconuts and bananas handle well being shipped; so I don't agree with the critics on season alone. Sometimes people need citrus regardless of how much snow is there, and people can have elaborate greenhouses in the snow so they can have some local fruit in the winter.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2019 01:58AM by Tai.

Date: December 23, 2019 05:16AM

>Out in nature, an animal can eat according to his/her needs and inner knowing about what it needs to heal. But it does bring into question this fruitarian dream of always wanting to live on fruit, regardless of the season

Animals do not eat washed fruits.

They prefer fruits with some dirt, insects on them.

Animals are more practical than humans.

Date: December 23, 2019 04:51PM

Hi Raw Practicalist.
I don't agree about not washing produce. Monkeys and even racoons wash at least some of their food.

The picture you posted is particularly dangerous because rat lungworm infection is a serious threat:
[www.cdc.gov]
People can get infected by eating raw or undercooked snails or slugs that are infected with this parasite. In some cultures, snails are commonly eaten. Some children, in particular, have gotten infected by swallowing snails/slugs “on a dare. ” People also can get infected by accident, by eating raw produce (such as lettuce) that contains a small snail or slug or part of one.

Certain animals such freshwater shrimp, crabs, or frogs, have been found to be infected with larvae of the parasite. It is possible that eating undercooked or raw animals that are infected could result in people becoming infected, though the evidence for this is not as clear as for eating infected snails and slugs. Of note, fish do not spread this parasite.

Tai
Washing produce is important to get bugs off and even parasite eggs, if possible. There are other ways to get B12 rather than external soil bacteria. Growing sprouts can increase B12. Insects can carry disease to humans, such as termite larvae. SOme humans eat termite larvae, but this should be cooked to kill parasite eggs inside them. I would never eat that, but some people really into forest dwelling do eat that. There was a raw meat eating teacher named Aajonus and he told people it was ok to have parasites inside you. That is so anti-life. Tapeworms can even kill people

[theconversation.com]

T.cruzi is a protozoan parasite which causes a disease called Chagas disease. The disease is characterised by slow progression where the parasite infects various cells and organs in the body, including the heart, over many years, often with no or only mild symptoms present. Eventually the disease manifests itself through serious, and sometime fatal, cardiac or intestinal problems.

it was recently discovered that humans can be infected by simply ingesting foods contaminated with bug faeces – several outbreaks in recent years were caused by contaminated fruit and sugar cane juices – causing concern that it could become a global pathogen.

Let's not forget so quickly what made Robert Lockhart sick in the first place: SOIL. Soil bacteria or contaminated water is what made Robert sick.

Washing produce and boiling water (distilling water is best) helps to reduce pathogen load to avoid infection.

[www.cdc.gov]

Transmission

People can get Melioidosis through direct contact with contaminated soil and surface waters.

Humans and animals are believed to acquire the infection by inhalation of contaminated dust or water droplets, ingestion of contaminated water, and contact with contaminated soil, especially through skin abrasions.

Date: December 24, 2019 07:11PM

It is called survival of the fittest.
I have been always asking why my healthy body cannot fight tiny germs

Animals feed on each other to survive.

but the laziest actually win at the end.

Forget 'survival of the fittest' – the laziest will inherit the Earth

It is the perfect comeback for those who are admonished for not pulling their weight. Never mind that work is piling up, being lazy is a winning evolutionary strategy that postpones the extinction of the species.

That, at least, is one interpretation. Researchers who studied nearly 300 forms of mollusc that lived and died in the Atlantic over the past five million years found that a high metabolism predicted which species had gone the way of the dodo.

The sea snails, sea slugs, mussels and scallops which burned the most energy in their daily lives were more likely to have died out than their less energetic cousins, especially when they lived in small ocean habitats, the scientists found.
While the causes of extinction are varied and complex, the work points to a new link between the rate at which animals use energy to grow and maintain their body tissues and the length of time the species has on Earth.

“The lower the metabolic rate, the more likely the species you belong to will survive,” said Bruce Lieberman, a professor of ecology and evolutionary biology who led the research at Kansas University. “Instead of ‘survival of the fittest’, maybe a better metaphor for the history of life is ‘survival of the laziest’, or at least ‘survival of the sluggish’.”

The scientists examined 299 species of gastropods, such as snails and slugs, and bivalves, including mussels and scallops, that lived in the Western Atlantic Ocean any time from the Pliocene more than five million years ago to the present day. When the researchers calculated resting metabolic rates for each species, they found that energy use differed markedly for the 178 species that had gone extinct compared with those that live on today. The work is published in Proceedings of the Royal Society B.

The probable explanation is that things that were more sluggish or lazy had lower energy or food requirements and thus could make do with little when times were bad,” said Lieberman.
[www.theguardian.com]

Forget about the gym.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables