Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Matt Monarch?
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: November 04, 2019 03:29PM

So I've been completely out of the loop in regards to many raw food public enthusiasts such as Matt Monarch (therawfoodworld.com) lately, but I recently stumbled across this video and I'm honestly a little heartbroken. In the following video, Matt looks so much different than when I last saw a pic/video of him. He mentions he developed Ulcerative Colitis and started taking meds.. Got down to 96 pounds. Anyways, I know many people on this forum know who he is. What are your thoughts? It's certainly not a good look for the raw food movement but I'm pleased he is getting better.

[www.youtube.com]

www.phytopanacea.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Matt Monarch?
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: November 04, 2019 11:48PM

some body commented, and I agree

I have to express my concern here. Matt you have always spoken so enthusiastically about all the products you sell and now here you are following a near death experience selling another product that is amazing and all the others before were not good enough. I think there a lot of denial here. I have no idea what your diet was really like before you were ill, I remember you spoke about trying breathatarianism at one point and you did lots of colonics which you reduced following some concerns there too. I fear an eating disorder. Or maybe this is a wake up call that actually these diets are not right us. I would like to know more about what REALLY went down because I'm bringing my daughter up plant based right now and I just want her to be safe and healthy. Have you changed your children's diet as a consequence to this experience? Be well. Take care.

Date: November 05, 2019 02:36AM

I'm not going to speculate, but there seems to be much more to the story going on here outside of raw foods. That being said, I don't think he followed a healthy or balanced diet.

www.phytopanacea.com

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: November 05, 2019 06:40PM

His face looks bad because of the prednisone he was taking.

I looked at the video you posted JTP. Then I saw he has made several videos after that just being goofy and trying to be funny. Probably he is trying to use humor to deal with the devastation. I don't want to say anything negative because of that.

Everyone makes mistakes. He has experimented with a lot of foreign things. Eventually it will all come to light.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: November 06, 2019 02:21AM

I feel sorry for all those people who bought Matt's products who may get sick like Matt did because of these products.

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: November 06, 2019 03:21AM

Wow, that's kind of amazing what happened to him - what he did to himself. I just did something similar to myself a few months ago. Stupid.

I read all the comments from the video and some people said he got colitis from enemas and colonics. That's what I choose to believe, rather than it was as a consequence of his diet or his products he sold. I don't remember any products that he sold that were so extraordinary that would cause such damage to his gut.

I've been buying products from his website for years now and always got their newsletters monthly. He would also include videos in the newsletters for recipes and whatnot and he would have live 'hangouts' that I never watched, but now I wish I had to maybe find out what happened.

A couple months ago in August he sent out a newsletter with the monthly specials. He had great prices and I always used a code for 7% off the specials. His hand-cracked raw cashews and raw hemp seeds were great. His website was still up and running then, but now it's gone. A couple months ago he told us that he and Angela were 'uncoupling' or some such phrase.

Then on August 28th, this newsletter came in the email --

Subject: I'm Back!

Yep! You heard it right!

I'm back!

Who is foolish enough to hit rock bottom twice?... lol...

Yep! You guessed it... Me!

Stay tuned tomorrow as I share my latest story of...

Losing my entire land in Ecuador...

Having my store run into the ground...

(which I'm going to try to save once again starting next week)

and my biggest regret of all... Losing my beautiful wife Angela...

I was a blinded fool, and I now mourn her every day...

I do have to say...

Losing everything has been the most spiritual experience ever...

I discovered that all is better than ok when you lose everything...

I've been living at my mom's house in California lol...

What an Amazing experience!

Oh yeah... and soon after I share all of this...

I will share my journey to recovery,

from a very bad case of colitis.

I literally almost died as I fell into Angela's arms,

where I made a death rattle in my throat.

Stay tuned! I'm back baby... We've got lots to cover...

and I miss you all!

It's a shame. I do like his new haircut though.

Date: November 06, 2019 04:51AM

What about FullyRaw.....

[babe.net]

Date: November 06, 2019 05:00PM

What a trashy website and article about Fully Raw Christina. According to this author, if someone's viewpoint on an issue isn't in accord with his, it's a 'scam'.

As far as the price Christina is charging for the retreat - it's called The Free Market.

[www.myaccountingcourse.com]

Definition: A free market system is an economy that allows the market to decide the prices of goods and services by way of supply and demand, thereby reflecting individual preferences using direct resources.

There is no governmental interference or monopoly price setting in a free market system. The exchange of goods and services between suppliers and consumers is voluntary, and all the business arrangements are decentralized. Consumers are free to make their economic and financial decisions, whereas suppliers offer their products and services based on demand.

In other words, if someone doesn't like the price she's charging, they're free to choose not to partake. If nobody signs up for her retreat, she will either lower the price or forget the whole thing. It's called Freedom. Individual Freedom - not Governmental Control/Government Regulations.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: November 09, 2019 11:18PM

Omg using his own sickness to promote yet another scam product.

This is an excellent advertisement for simple fruits and vegetables thank you very much matt

Date: November 17, 2019 06:44PM

Well, I feel sorry for him for all his health and financial problems in the last couple years, and I just wanted to find out what happened.

So, like two years ago, they had a conscious uncoupling. Here's Angela talking about it -

Conscious uncoupling in October of 2017 -

[www.youtube.com]

Then there was the video a year later where he looks like he's on death's door -

September of 2018

Short Hangout - My Physical & Spiritual Lesson

[www.youtube.com]

What I find interesting is where he talks about the sewage fumes problem, because maybe that's what messed up him up, and when he mentions the teeth appliance he has that's like torture. I wonder what that thing is all about.

Here's about a week later where he had a hangout and he did look much better, although he's been very skinny for a long time -

And yes he's plugging his products ...

September 25th, 2018 – Live Hangout with Matt Monarch

[www.youtube.com]

Then a year later in the video above that Joseph posted, where someone said he messed himself up with enemas and colonics.

One of the videos I saw had a comment that what happened to him financially was that twice he got burned by people ripping him off - people he trusted that worked at his warehouse in California. That and the Adya Clarity lawsuit that he mentions someplace is why he went bust.

Date: November 19, 2019 06:43PM

Tai
His face looks bad because of the prednisone he was taking.

I looked at the video you posted JTP. Then I saw he has made several videos after that just being goofy and trying to be funny. Probably he is trying to use humor to deal with the devastation. I don't want to say anything negative because of that.

Everyone makes mistakes. He has experimented with a lot of foreign things. Eventually it will all come to light.

Yeah, he seems to be settling into a new phase of life. The calm after the storm, I think. I wish him the best.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: November 19, 2019 06:43PM

[www.youtube.com]

He talks about his new diet here. A lot of men don't eat that well when a woman is not preparing food for them. Was he singing the blues when talking about eating chocolate bars and goat milk as a staple? From the gluten in the wheat to the chocolate bars, there is no point in trashing his diet. He sounded like he was just getting by because he had to close his warehouse down.

I have to say that raw shaming could be the reason why a grown man would eat so much chocolate rather than cooked healthy food. The desire to be raw can be so great that eating a supposedly raw chocolate bar would seem better than eating mashed potatoes or something very soft in the intestines. Matt knows about fruitarian diets. I once had a small book written by him many years ago where he talked about him almost having an eating disorder with fruit where he couldn't stop himself, like he would gorge out on durian and had a hard time stopping. So it's not like he doesn't know how to eat lot of fruit or that he can't. I had a friend who had been raw a long time and in the early years like Matt, he gorged on fruit and then in his later years, he had an aversion to too much fruit mainly because he had developed teeth and bone problems. I am not saying my friend was correct, but he had an aversion to the way he used to eat and for some people they don't take the time to experiment enough with healthy variations.

The Chinese herb di yu is very good for bleeding in ulcerative colitis. Di yu is very cheap. He didn't know about herbs and so it took all those months for him to find that probiotic, but there are other things in nature that are simpler.

Date: November 19, 2019 06:56PM

Tai
[www.youtube.com]

He talks about his new diet here. A lot of men don't eat that well when a woman is not preparing food for them. Was he singing the blues when talking about eating chocolate bars and goat milk as a staple? From the gluten in the wheat to the chocolate bars, there is no point in trashing his diet. He sounded like he was just getting by because he had to close his warehouse down.

I have to say that raw shaming could be the reason why a grown man would eat so much chocolate rather than cooked healthy food. The desire to be raw can be so great that eating a supposedly raw chocolate bar would seem better than eating mashed potatoes or something very soft in the intestines. Matt knows about fruitarian diets. I once had a small book written by him many years ago where he talked about him almost having an eating disorder with fruit where he couldn't stop himself, like he would gorge out on durian and had a hard time stopping. So it's not like he doesn't know how to eat lot of fruit or that he can't. I had a friend who had been raw a long time and in the early years like Matt, he gorged on fruit and then in his later years, he had an aversion to too much fruit mainly because he had developed teeth and bone problems. I am not saying my friend was correct, but he had an aversion to the way he used to eat and for some people they don't take the time to experiment enough with healthy variations.

The Chinese herb di yu is very good for bleeding in ulcerative colitis. Di yu is very cheap. He didn't know about herbs and so it took all those months for him to find that probiotic, but there are other things in nature that are simpler.

I've been doing extensive research on the gut microbiome lately and have found that most IBD and IBS issues are likely caused in large part due to an overgrowth of gram-negative bacteria, specifically pathogenic proteobacteria. Thus, restoring the gut with a clean, prebiotic-rich diet, high-potency multi-strain probiotics and various herbal medicines such as Di yu (also great is aloe vera, full-spectrum hemp/cannabinoids and triphala). Intermittent fasting helps too.

I was under the impression he had access to lots of raw wild foods, especially coconuts. I didn't know he drank goat milk, though.

www.phytopanacea.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2019 06:57PM by jtprindl.

Date: November 21, 2019 08:47AM

Date: November 22, 2019 03:20AM

Matt's new videos are a trainwreck. I'll still be a customer if I can save money, which has nothing to do with his diet or his experimentation. He is embarrassing himself left, right and center. I can't watch anymore.

Date: November 23, 2019 06:51AM

Prana
I feel sorry for all those people who bought Matt's products who may get sick like Matt did because of these products.

Matt didn't get sick because of probiotic or B12 supplements. It's clear that he's been through a lot of life trauma and is just trying to work through it and heal. Many of the products sold at The Raw Food World had really good reviews, and he did sell high-quality. Was everything amazing? Of course not, but that's no reason to discredit Matt for providing access to many great products that left many people satisfied. For example, the curcumin powder from his website had wonderful benefits for my first dog.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: November 23, 2019 06:53AM

Tai
Matt's new videos are a trainwreck. I'll still be a customer if I can save money, which has nothing to do with his diet or his experimentation. He is embarrassing himself left, right and center. I can't watch anymore.

My guess is that he likely has an eating disorder and is doing everything he can to keep on the weight after his near-death experience. I try not to judge him because I have no idea what he's been through in life and it's apparent that his soul is struggling.

www.phytopanacea.com

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: November 23, 2019 08:37PM

jtprindl
Prana

Matt didn't get sick because of probiotic or B12 supplements. It's clear that he's been through a lot of life trauma and is just trying to work through it and heal. Many of the products sold at The Raw Food World had really good reviews, and he did sell high-quality. Was everything amazing? Of course not, but that's no reason to discredit Matt for providing access to many great products that left many people satisfied. For example, the curcumin powder from his website had wonderful benefits for my first dog.

Where can i find the study you did on your dog in pubmed. The one that controlled for variables and self healing

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: November 23, 2019 09:23PM

Can one get good solid dietary and health advice from a person who is so sick? I'd rather listen to a person who can walk the walk rather than talk the talk.

Date: November 24, 2019 01:34AM

Prana
Can one get good solid dietary and health advice from a person who is so sick? I'd rather listen to a person who can walk the walk rather than talk the talk.

Matt isn't a health practitioner and I don't think he's ever claimed to be. He's just a raw foodist who created a company.

www.phytopanacea.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables