Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Robert Lockhart dead at 75 from dry fasting...
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: December 01, 2019 05:34PM

Not much to say except that "cleansing" can go to far...

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Robert Lockhart dead at 75 from dry fasting...
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 01, 2019 11:13PM

From his Robert Lockhart's wife:
"We’re so sorry to announce the passing of our dear father & husband Robert Lockhart who transitioned yesterday the 29th of November at 6:06pm at age 75. We can understand the disbelief of many who knew him, as he was so full of life. His daughters Tulani Lockhart, Meah Robertson and his wife Ree Anna cared for him for the weeks leading up to his death. We’ve had many messages from his friends, loved ones and the community sharing their love and support, thank you so much to everyone for their kindness. Rob was a great man who loved to help and mentor others. His long standing career over 45 years as an excellent Chiropractor impacted many. His great passion however was his diet, nature cure and being an advocate of healthy living. Both in eating raw foods, educating about physical activity and the human frame. We all know he was the best at handstands! We’d like to clarify the chain of events that lead to his body shutting down, as it wasn’t just one thing. As you may or may not be aware Rob has eaten only a raw food diet for nearly 40 years. Over the last 10 years he significantly decreased his intake of water, drinking only minimal coconut water or freshly squeezed juice, quoting that he got all the water he needed from the high intake of mainly fruits he was eating. In the last 5 years he commenced “dry fasting” for periods of time which meant no food or fluids including water for extended periods, up to 48 hours. He would also intermittently fast each day no food no water for roughly 19 hours with a 5 hour eating window. The doctors believe this had done significant damage to his kidneys over the years as scans & tests performed showed atrophy, scarring and significantly reduced function. Rob’s immune system was suffering and he picked up a chest infection from a bacteria called Melioidosis, this is found in the soil in tropical climates. He was a avid planter of rare fruits and was constantly tending to his trees & orchid. This contributed to a bad cough and mucous on the lungs which he said “I’m just eliminating, don’t worry”. He then proceeded to do a dry fast of 72 hours no food no fluids, which pushed his body too far which he admitted. In the subsequent weeks he was quite debilitated. His kidneys started to shut down, which then meant he couldn’t clear the fluid from his lungs, and his electrolyte balance was thrown out. Having a proper balance of electrolytes including potassium ensures the heart beats properly. Combined with his lungs not getting adequate oxygen due to the infection which was later diagnosed as pneumonia also put more pressure on his heart. After much coaxing he reluctantly went to hospital for treatment as he was on the verge of complete kidney failure and a cardiac arrest at home. He accepted testing and treatment in hospital. Their quality of care & respect for Robert was amazing and blessed us with another 2 weeks with him. Last Saturday he suffered with two massive cardiac arrests then was placed in ICU on life support. We were all hoping he would recover, however over the week unfortunately he didn’t regain consciousness (although we believe he could hear us at times) there were no significant signs of neurological activity. His organs including lungs, kidneys, liver and heart continued to fail. In the last week they had him on dialysis, a ventilator and medication to keep his heart beating. His condition continued to deteriorate and we were advised that there was no treatment options to fix his enlarged heart (cardiomyopathy) and leaking valves with an ejection fraction of 15-20% at most with medication stimulation. Out of respect for his wishes we (Tulani, Rheana, Meah and the doctors) made a joint decision to let him go peacefully without being plugged into any machines or medications. It has been a very hard time. However we believe he was in the end happy to be set free. We hope that everyone can respect him and his memory lovingly without judgment or blame. We’ll be having a celebration of life for Rob next Sunday the 8th of December at 1:00pm, 66 Johanna Road Trinity Park. If you’d like to come to say your goodbyes you’re more than welcome. To honor Rob we’ll have a big fruit party (no alcohol please). Feel free to message Meah Robertson, Tulani Lockhart or Ree Anna if you’d like any additional information. Much love Meah, Tulani and Rheana <3"

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: December 01, 2019 11:39PM

Such a shame what these extreme natural hygiene diets can do to people. We’re now seeing yet another example. No one in that movement has made it to 100.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 01, 2019 11:45PM

Wasn’t Jameth Sheridan, who died somewhat recently of septic shock, also a Natural Hygienist? (Owner of Health Force)

www.phytopanacea.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2019 11:46PM by jtprindl.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: December 02, 2019 12:36AM

Such a great honest message from his family..

. His diet is not what caused problems... fasting is what caused problems. Fasting is not a diet.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: December 02, 2019 03:11AM

It is very sad but I think the family members who posted the details of his passing should be commended for having the courage to share the info.

Nothing can ease their pain but they had the courage to share for the benefit of all of us.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: December 02, 2019 05:57AM

This is so sad. Robert Lockhart was a brilliant chiropractor and raw foodist. He was too young to go.

To me, the lesson is getting a complete check-up once a year or so. There will always be people exploring new diets and ways of fasting, so nothing can stop that, but to be safe, they need to listen to doctors' assessments of their health.

If Robert had known a year ago what condition his kidneys were in, he could have addressed it holistically rather than in an emergency at the hospital.

I knew a dentist that went on the Doug Graham 80/10/10 diet and died less than 5 years on the diet. He was convinced that he was in top shape so he proudly proclaimed he never went to the doctor and he hadn't in many years. Well, he died suddenly of an aortic aneurysm and it was so quick, nothing could be done. BUT had he gone for an annual check-up, they would have discovered the aneurysm and he would still be alive. He died in his early 70s.

I had another friend who had not been doing the raw food diet correctly and ended up with severe osteoporosis and a broken hip. Even when the surgeon told me directly to my face that he had the very worst case of osteoporosis that he had ever seen, as his bones were like butter, my friend refused to believe it and even bragged to his doctors that he was the healthiest man on the floor. My friend wanted to go on a fast to address his severe anemia. I had to call Dr. Klapper to convince my friend not to fast, that you cannot fast to heal anemia. So then he allowed me to provide him wheatgrass juice, other green and vegetable juices to build blood. My point in sharing this is that some people don't want to believe bad news even what doctors objectively see in their lab tests and observations. This is how far a delusion can go.

It's just because of me caring for my friend that I have to say that Robert Lockhart was too skinny. I remember one video where he said that a raw foodist should just fast if you don't have access to raw food, such as when traveling, at an airport etc. Just fast! Sorry I don't think that's good advice when you get so skinny. I remember Lou Corona admitting that he ate about 90% raw because he traveled and couldn't always get raw...he admitted this before meeting Dan the Regenerator and then after Dan, he went 100% and even said things like cooked food is poison. I think that is so sabotaging to believe that. Starvation is closer to poison than actual food is.

Date: December 02, 2019 03:40PM

Tai
This is so sad. Robert Lockhart was a brilliant chiropractor and raw foodist. He was too young to go.

To me, the lesson is getting a complete check-up once a year or so. There will always be people exploring new diets and ways of fasting, so nothing can stop that, but to be safe, they need to listen to doctors' assessments of their health.

If Robert had known a year ago what condition his kidneys were in, he could have addressed it holistically rather than in an emergency at the hospital.

I knew a dentist that went on the Doug Graham 80/10/10 diet and died less than 5 years on the diet. He was convinced that he was in top shape so he proudly proclaimed he never went to the doctor and he hadn't in many years. Well, he died suddenly of an aortic aneurysm and it was so quick, nothing could be done. BUT had he gone for an annual check-up, they would have discovered the aneurysm and he would still be alive. He died in his early 70s.

I had another friend who had not been doing the raw food diet correctly and ended up with severe osteoporosis and a broken hip. Even when the surgeon told me directly to my face that he had the very worst case of osteoporosis that he had ever seen, as his bones were like butter, my friend refused to believe it and even bragged to his doctors that he was the healthiest man on the floor. My friend wanted to go on a fast to address his severe anemia. I had to call Dr. Klapper to convince my friend not to fast, that you cannot fast to heal anemia. So then he allowed me to provide him wheatgrass juice, other green and vegetable juices to build blood. My point in sharing this is that some people don't want to believe bad news even what doctors objectively see in their lab tests and observations. This is how far a delusion can go.

It's just because of me caring for my friend that I have to say that Robert Lockhart was too skinny. I remember one video where he said that a raw foodist should just fast if you don't have access to raw food, such as when traveling, at an airport etc. Just fast! Sorry I don't think that's good advice when you get so skinny. I remember Lou Corona admitting that he ate about 90% raw because he traveled and couldn't always get raw...he admitted this before meeting Dan the Regenerator and then after Dan, he went 100% and even said things like cooked food is poison. I think that is so sabotaging to believe that. Starvation is closer to poison than actual food is.

100% agree... The constant obsession with "detoxification" has damaged many people because they're so dogmatic in their approach to cooked, vegan whole foods, even though the longest-living and healthiest cultures in the world ate primarily purple sweet potatoes. They even incorporated a few animal foods on occasion and thriving.

I don't think being 100% raw in certain areas of the world is a good idea. Some raw foods demand way more energy to digest than cooked, so how is that less of a burden on the body? If you're living in a part of the world that gets cold winters and therefore forced to use more energy to keep yourself warm, this might lead to underconsumption of calories in the long-term and thus malnutrition.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 02, 2019 06:01PM

Regular or annual medical check up wouldn't have helped him. He was too extreme and consumed by his own theories. He will have tried to remedy the situation with more dry fasting against the doctor's advice.

When one vegan dies from the diet within a span of 5 years it makes a lot of noise yet everyday SAD eaters die from their extreme diet of burgers and cokes and it seen as normal.

Date: December 03, 2019 04:45AM

RawPracticalist
Regular or annual medical check up wouldn't have helped him. He was too extreme and consumed by his own theories. He will have tried to remedy the situation with more dry fasting against the doctor's advice.

When one vegan dies from the diet within a span of 5 years it makes a lot of noise yet everyday SAD eaters die from their extreme diet of burgers and cokes and it seen as normal.

Very possibly, I mean that's why he waited so long to begin with. The regular checkups would've helped if he would've used that information wisely, however, some are stuck in their ways and will literally defend it to death, even if it's what's killing them. I have a friend who is insistent upon breatharianism yet every known example has failed miserably, including deaths. But you can't have a conversation with him because he can't entertain the possibility of being wrong. Deep down it's an ego thing... Wants to show how "evolved and enlightened" he is by not needing food, yet continues to intake calories. Until proven otherwise, it's a dangerous and destructive practice.

www.phytopanacea.com

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: December 03, 2019 10:33PM

Prana

Over the last 10 years he significantly decreased his intake of water, drinking only minimal coconut water or freshly squeezed juice, quoting that he got all the water he needed from the high intake of mainly fruits he was eating. In the last 5 years he commenced “dry fasting” for periods of time which meant no food or fluids including water for extended periods, up to 48 hours. He would also intermittently fast each day no food no water for roughly 19 hours with a 5 hour eating window. The doctors believe this had done significant damage to his kidneys over the years as scans & tests performed showed atrophy, scarring and significantly reduced function.

I've been dry fasting every day for 10 or 15 years from 8:00 pm until the next day at noon - 16 hours. But then at noon, I drink 3 or 4 glasses of water. Then wait an hour, then my fresh fruit, then smoothie, etc. I think dry fasting like that is good. I feel great in the morning while I'm dry fasting. Once I drink the water at noon on an empty stomach, my stomach changes and everything is different in there and sometimes I wonder if I should just bypass the water and go right to the fruit, because like I said - drinking water totally changes your digestion, stomach acid, whatever.

And as far as 'dehydration' and your kidneys - and your whole body - is concerned, I've always distrusted Salt or felt like salt isn't good for us. And I've got a book that says Salt kills our cells. I don't eat salt or use salt in preparing food; I just have it when I have prepared food or eat out, etc. and it's included in the dish. Every so often I look up how salt kills our cells and isn't good for us, at all, but there's not much info on that.

If you ever noticed, all cooked food tastes like crap if it's not salted. I assume a lot of raw foodists prepare their food with salt, also.

And I know what everybody says: "We need salt!" No, we don't need 'salt', we need Sodium.

Also ever see how salt kills slugs ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2019 10:35PM by Jennifer.

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: December 04, 2019 12:31AM

Prana

Rob’s immune system was suffering and he picked up a chest infection from a bacteria called Melioidosis, this is found in the soil in tropical climates. He was a avid planter of rare fruits and was constantly tending to his trees & orchid. This contributed to a bad cough and mucous on the lungs which he said “I’m just eliminating, don’t worry”. He then proceeded to do a dry fast of 72 hours no food no fluids, which pushed his body too far which he admitted. In the subsequent weeks he was quite debilitated. His kidneys started to shut down, which then meant he couldn’t clear the fluid from his lungs, and his electrolyte balance was thrown out. Having a proper balance of electrolytes including potassium ensures the heart beats properly. Combined with his lungs not getting adequate oxygen due to the infection which was later diagnosed as pneumonia also put more pressure on his heart."

It wasn't just 'dry fasting' that did him in, but the Melioidosis bacteria with the cough and mucous on the lungs and then pneumonia. The fungus/mold things you get from the soil, from what I've heard, is a killer, and so is pneumonia.

Date: December 06, 2019 07:01AM

jtprindl
Such a shame what these extreme natural hygiene diets can do to people. We’re now seeing yet another example. No one in that movement has made it to 100.

I don't think Natural Hygiene advocates dry fasting at all. They use fasting when they are sick, but this is with clean water and plenty of hydration. Myself, I drink 64 ounces of spring water a day, and that is on top of fresh fruits and salads.

I suspect Robert went through much of his later years dehydrated since he did not drink water and got all his water from food.

But the other thing to consider was that perhaps it was just Robert's time to leave. His death was relatively quick compared to people who linger on for years, and this is the way I'd like to die, active until I croak. We humans have this telomere shortening that cannot be reversed by dietary means. His illness/death was much quicker (as was his suffering) than my parents who ate a SAD diet.

Date: December 06, 2019 07:04AM

One other note on Robert's death. If he had stayed at home, he would have died much quicker, with less suffering, than going to the hospital. The hospital was able to prolong his life for a few weeks. If it were me, I would consider this a waste of money. I would rather just let my body die. The hospital gave him a few weeks, but at what cost?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2019 10:16AM by Prana.

Date: December 07, 2019 05:38AM

Prana
One other note on Robert's death. If he had stayed at home, he would have died much quicker, with less suffering, than going to the hospital. The hospital was able to prolong his life for a few weeks. If it were me, I would consider this a waste of money. I would rather just let my body die. The hospital gave him a few weeks, but at what cost?
\

Many people in the vegan community are extremely grateful to have learned about the damage to Robert's kidneys, as this proves that his protocol was incorrect and so they can learn from his mistakes. To many vegans, it was worth every penny that was spent on Robert in the hospital to learn these facts, and it was the worth the extra hassle for his family to disclose this information, so that people will not repeat these mistakes. It's not about him living another 2 weeks at the hospital; it's about what all the tests revealed about his body, so the truth can be known; so the speculation about dry fasting can be settled, even when a person drinks the freshest coconut water regularly.

From his family:
In the last 5 years he commenced “dry fasting” for periods of time which meant no food or fluids including water for extended periods, up to 48 hours. He would also intermittently fast each day no food no water for roughly 19 hours with a 5 hour eating window. The doctors believe this had done significant damage to his kidneys over the years as scans & tests performed showed atrophy, scarring and significantly reduced function.

Again, if Robert had gone for an annual check-up, his kidney problems could have been diagnosed a long time ago and then he could have had time to address this. Avoiding doctors was a mistake. Better to get diagnosed early on, rather than wait to the last minute when your family takes you in to the hospital whether you like it or not and when you are too weak to even take charge of your health yourself. It's more realistic to heal when you are able-bodied, not when you are laid in bed at the mercy of allopaths.

As far as money goes, there are county hospitals that charge fixed cheap prices, or people who are poor can get low cost health care, so anyone can get diagnosed now relatively affordably in the United States. Getting diagnosed does not obligate a person to undergo treatment or take medication. A person can take the diagnosis and treat naturally.

[www.aihw.gov.au]
This link shows that Robert Lockhart passed away below the life expectancy for an Australian male

Date: December 07, 2019 11:02AM

Tai, you are very wrong about the life expectancy. For a boy born in 2015, their life expectancy now is 80.5 years. However, if you look at Figure 6.1, it shows the life expectancy depending on what year a person was born. Robert was born in 1944. and for a person born then, the life expectancy is 60 years old for a male, given the technology of 1944. You determine this by finding 1944 on the X axis, and see what the corresponding Y axis (life expectancy) is.

In the Table 6.1 below Figure 6.1, in 1960, Robert was 16 years old. So in that time frame, his life expectancy based being 16 was between 70.1-70.8 years.

So Robert died at 75, he exceeded both of these life expectancy predictions.

Date: December 07, 2019 04:38PM

Prana,

75 years isn’t old. The point is he shouldn’t have died, but his dietary and lifestyle choices caused him to die prematurely. My grandpa lived as long as he did on heavy cigarettes and liquor

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 07, 2019 06:11PM

Hi Prana.
Thanks for responding. I appreciate communicating with you. I never met Robert, but I am still grieving for my friend who passed away prematurely (the one with osteoporosis), and I see so many similarities.

LIfe expectancy is very nuanced. Please see below. More educated, wealthier men are expected to live longer. Robert Lockhart was educated, well to do and had access to healthy food both in his native country and abroad. Even though he had access to this food, he chose to fast frequently. If I am misunderstanding the numbers below, please correct me.

[www.hcf.com.au]

Does life expectancy increase in your lifetime?

The good news is that your life expectancy increases as you age. Infant deaths skew the data towards a younger average life expectancy, but once you’ve lived into adulthood, your chances of living a longer life increase.

For example, a man born in 1948 would have a life expectancy of 66. By age 25 the man could expect to live until 70 and by age 61 he could expect to live until 83.

What’s important is we’re not just living longer as we age – we’re living well for longer. According to 2016 World Health Organization research, Australia’s healthy life expectancy – years of “full health” without disease or injury – is 73 years, which is about 10 years higher than the global average

“If you live on the north shore of Sydney, which is the richest part of Australia, your life expectancy is much higher than if you live in the south west of Sydney,” he says. “And the differences are very big – there’s maybe 7 or 8 years’ difference in life expectancy. It’s all about socio-economic differences. If you’re wealthier, you live longer.”

That’s because people with lower income and education are at greater risk of illness and disability. The ABS says several reasons for this have been suggested, including differences in smoking rates, nutrition, the standard of housing and access to medical care.

Why women live longer (perhaps):
Research shows women are more health conscious, communicate better about their problems and are more likely to overestimate risk. Men, on the other hand, are less likely to follow medical treatment or advice – often viewing health-promoting behaviours as feminine – and are more likely to engage in unhealthy and risky behaviours.

[www.superguide.com.au]

The increase in life expectancy at birth reflects declining death rates at most ages. Put simply, your life expectancy gets longer the longer you live – because the mortality rates decrease. David Orford’s recent article illustrates that life expectancy projections for older Australians and retirees must consider mortality improvements.

Projected life expectancy of Australians (years)
2014-15

Further life expectancy at age 70
Men 16.9

Retirement income and life expectancy

A recent research report by CEPAR (Australia’s Centre of Excellence in Population Ageing Research) shows that low income Australians live five to six years less than high income Australians and are often in poorer health. This can be observed by considering the life expectancy in different parts of Australia.

While recent increases in life expectancy have been recorded across rich and poor regions, basic analysis suggests that every extra $1,000 in average wages for a region in 2012 translated to over one month more in average life expectancy in that region.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2019 06:43PM by Tai.

Date: December 07, 2019 06:41PM

jtprindl
Prana,

75 years isn’t old. The point is he shouldn’t have died, but his dietary and lifestyle choices caused him to die prematurely. My grandpa lived as long as he did on heavy cigarettes and liquor

My mom lived longer than Robert, by 4 years. She was frail the last 5 years of her life, and was unable to drive for even longer. She had diabetes for 20 years. She had inflammation of the feet and ankles, and was alway in danger of having her feet amputated. She had osteoporosis. Her leg broke spontaneously as she was walking about (she did not trip, her leg just broke and then she fell). She was on about 15 prescriptions.

Robert on the other hand, was doing handstands and climbing trees until the last month or so of his life. No medicine and very functional.

I'd rather have the outcome Robert had than my mother's outcome.

Date: December 07, 2019 06:46PM

Prana
jtprindl
Prana,

My mom lived longer than Robert, by 4 years. She was frail the last 5 years of her life, and was unable to drive for even longer. She had diabetes for 20 years. She had inflammation of the feet and ankles, and was alway in danger of having her feet amputated. She had osteoporosis. Her leg broke spontaneously as she was walking about (she did not trip, her leg just broke and then she fell). She was on about 15 prescriptions.

Robert on the other hand, was doing handstands and climbing trees until the last month or so of his life. No medicine and very functional.

I'd rather have the outcome Robert had than my mother's outcome.

Do you really think your mom would agree with you? That's four more years of being able to appreciate life and spend time with loved ones. That's four more years of being able to make a positive impact on people.

But anyway, there's a lot of people older than 75 who aren't on meds and sick. You know this, they're called the Blue Zones. And they're not raw vegan or vegan.

www.phytopanacea.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2019 06:47PM by jtprindl.

Date: December 07, 2019 06:56PM

I understand your point about your mom, Prana. But in my 20's, I was hanging out with Chinese old ladies in their 70s who had just started the practice of qigong and their lives started all over again. One of my friends was on death's door at around 75 and she lived another 20 years doing qigong. So, if medicine and doctors can extend a person's life, they may have the best years of their lives at the very end. I appreciate your feelings Prana, but for some people, their wisdom matures at the end of their lives and they may get an extra burst of life, so doing life extension with medicine can really pay off.

Maybe I should say it simpler: if medical intervention can buy a person even up to 5 years, in those 5 extra years, they may experience great relevations that could vastly increase their quality of life and lead to soul evolution. I am helping a lady who is going to turn 99 years old next month and her wisdom is increasing. She is still learning important life lessons. In my belief system, where your mind and heart is at right before you pass will affect where your soul goes on. So life extension can really make a difference for some people. And yes, this lady is cooperating with doctors and me, as the alternative practitioner.

Compare natural hygiene to what Bernado LaPallo achieved taking herbal medicine and supplements and living a very fulfilling life to age 114:
[agelesslivemorestore.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2019 07:09PM by Tai.

Date: December 07, 2019 06:56PM

If anything, Robert proves that exercise and detoxification alone isn't enough to live a long, healthy life.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 07, 2019 06:58PM

Tai
Hi Prana.
LIfe expectancy is very nuanced.
The more I look at the life expectancy number for 2015-2017 in the previous link you post, the more I think this is bullsh*t. My experience is I see younger and younger people dying of disease (cancer, etc) that only old people used to get. There is way more autism and the rate of increase is growing for that. There is way more mental illness among the young (could be related to autism, vaccines). Suicide rates are up among the young. Also we are now living in a period of time where the 3rd largest cause of the death is medical errors.
Tai
According to 2016 World Health Organization research, Australia’s healthy life expectancy – years of “full health” disease or injury – is 73 years, which is about 10 years higher than the global average
Robert had full health until 1 month or so before he died. Meaning he was vital, physically active, mentally alert. He did better at 75 of having full access to life than the average of 73.

Robert was chronically dehydrated, he didn't drink water and he did excessive periods of dry fasting. This damaged his body, but he did better than the life expectancy charts in the link you posted (better than 60 from the birth year and better than 70.1-70.8 of the 1960 predictions). He also did better in the active life of 73 since he was active at 75.

Date: December 07, 2019 07:01PM

Prana
Tai
Hi Prana.
LIfe expectancy is very nuanced.
The more I look at the life expectancy number for 2015-2017 in the previous link you post, the more I think this is bullsh*t. My experience is I see younger and younger people dying of disease (cancer, etc) that only old people used to get. There is way more autism and the rate of increase is growing for that. There is way more mental illness among the young (could be related to autism, vaccines). Suicide rates are up among the young. Also we are now living in a period of time where the 3rd largest cause of the death is medical errors.
Tai
According to 2016 World Health Organization research, Australia’s healthy life expectancy – years of “full health” disease or injury – is 73 years, which is about 10 years higher than the global average
Robert had full health until 1 month or so before he died. Meaning he was vital, physically active, mentally alert. He did better at 75 of having full access to life than the average of 73.

Robert was chronically dehydrated, he didn't drink water and he did excessive periods of dry fasting. This damaged his body, but he did better than the life expectancy charts in the link you posted (better than 60 from the birth year and better than 70.1-70.8 of the 1960 predictions). He also did better in the active life of 73 since he was active at 75.

That's not true, Prana. He didn't have full health until right before his death. He was slowly killing his body and a month before he died is when he started to show noticeable symptoms. He may also have had symptoms that he didn't tell anyone about. People who are healthy don't just randomly become sick one day.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 07, 2019 07:13PM

The point I am trying to make is my preference is to have an active life of full health, then when the time of death is near, have a short period of sickness or none at all, then die, even if my actual lifetime is shorter than using medical procedures. Other people would rather live as long as possible, sustained by medicines, surgeries, personal nurses, and are OK living wearing diapers or defecating though a hole in the torso or having organs removed from their body and sustained by chemicals.

To each their own.

Date: December 07, 2019 07:32PM

Prana
The point I am trying to make is my preference is to have an active life of full health, then when the time of death is near, have a short period of sickness or none at all, then die, even if my actual lifetime is shorter than using medical procedures. Other people would rather live as long as possible, sustained by medicines, surgeries, personal nurses, and are OK living wearing diapers or defecating though a hole in the torso or having organs removed from their body and sustained by chemicals.

To each their own.

Fair enough. I think we all want to have a peaceful and easy death. My point is that his easy death is not an indication of a healthy lifestyle.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 07, 2019 07:47PM

To Prana:
Please see my post above where I edited it to talk about my elderly Chinese friends who got renewed lives in their 70s doing qigong (Falun Dafa). I had many such friends, including elderly men.
My one friend who lived on a handful of pills a day no longer had to take medication after some months and then lived pill-free for 20 more years.

so I am talking about having improved quality of life, not lives propped up by machines. The point is getting diagnosed can let you know of life threatening problems and you can plan ahead.

For those who are doctor-phobic, consider this case of Bruce Van Natta. A massive truck fell on Bruce's body and crushed him. Doctors had to keep removing damaged intestines over time to the point where he had so little left that they gave him a year to live because they said he would starve to death. A Christian man prayed over him and his intestines grew about 6 feet. His miracle was so well documented by the surgeons who had opened him up so many times. This is one of the most well documented medical miracles.

[www.youtube.com]

Bruce has since prayed for incurable cases that were even beyond herbal help and some of these were totally cured. But if these incurable cases had not been initially assisted by doctors, they would never have lived to experience the miracles and more fulfilling lives thereafter.

Date: December 08, 2019 12:19AM

The first thing about getting help and getting healed is this:

You have to acknowledge that you are sick and accept treatment.

In his video Robert Lockhart was visibly emaciated, sick but still talking about the value of raw food and fruits. He was not well but it was for him detox, he will rebound with even greater health after the detox.

No prayer, no doctor can help with that.

We are a soul within a body not a body which happens to have a soul.
Many great scientists have made major discoveries that have changed our lives yet most were on SAD diet, eating bread and burgers. Some had even bodies that were not to standard. A good example is Stephen Hawking.

So it is wrong for some raw foodists to claim that because it is raw and it is fruit, it is divine and everything else is bad. They feel they are doing the right thing and every body else is wrong, they are unique, and they are totally not open to any suggestion. I am sure his family members were telling him to go to the hospital and he probably did not listen.

Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: December 08, 2019 05:08AM

I hope when i die my family/friends make such an honest and objective statement about me as well

david

Date: December 08, 2019 12:20PM

Doug Graham and his followers are thriving on a fruitarian diet.

[foodnsport.com]

The lesson is that excessive dry fasting is deadly.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables