Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Robert Lockhart dead at 75 from dry fasting...
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: December 08, 2019 06:32PM

RawPracticalist
The first thing about getting help and getting healed is this:

You have to acknowledge that you are sick and accept treatment.

In his video Robert Lockhart was visibly emaciated, sick but still talking about the value of raw food and fruits. He was not well but it was for him detox, he will rebound with even greater health after the detox.

No prayer, no doctor can help with that.

We are a soul within a body not a body which happens to have a soul.

So it is wrong for some raw foodists to claim that because it is raw and it is fruit, it is divine and everything else is bad. They feel they are doing the right thing and every body else is wrong, they are unique, and they are totally not open to any suggestion. I am sure his family members were telling him to go to the hospital and he probably did not listen.

Very insightful, Raw Practicalist. It's such dogma to insist on fasting if there is no raw food available, even if you are underweight, and it's dogma to insist on fasting when you are sick and underweight, even if there is suitable medicine available, even raw garlic in the case of an infection; it's dogma to reject even the raw antibiotic foods that could save your life because you want to prove that fasting is the way to go.

At least Lou Corona takes the antibiotic foods and he's not been sick in years. He juices a whole habanero, eats lots of garlic, etc. It's ridiculous, tragic, dangerous to eat only raw greens with minimal washing (to not wash all the B12 away) which could have pathogens like tapeworm eggs,dangerous bacteria, etc and reject the raw antibiotic foods and then be on death's door and be forced to have the hospital pump a very emaciated you full of antibiotics which have severe side effects

Even some honest buddhists which have traditionally rejected onions and garlic in their diet have admitted that garlic can cure some conditions and that garlic must be used, if necessary. For some people, it's their religion. They would rather play russian roulette with antibiotics than using garlic. As much as I think hospitals are useful for diagnostics and certain conditions, of course, I am horrified at most of the drugs' side effects. I have seen the antibiotic cipro tear achilles tendons in under 4 days on 2 patients. Herbs can have side effects but nothing like synthetic drugs.

And so much of herbal medicine has to be boiled to be useful. Roots, twigs, bark, mushrooms, etc. It's possible to grind raw, but it would take great effort and yet some herbs are toxic raw, like horsetail (good for silica) which has a harmful enzyme.

I don't know where Robert Lockhart stood on garlic and other antibiotic foods, but it seems a message in the Natural Hygiene movement. We saw that play out with Leah who almost died of an infection at Doug Graham's fasting retreat. Doug didn't have antibiotic foods/herbs/medicine there (probably because of the Natural Hygiene philosophy) and her life was narrowly saved at the hospital. Doug had some terrible fasting cases early in his career, which is saved by the chiropractic board, yet history kept repeating itself, likely because Natural Hygiene is so rigid.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: December 08, 2019 08:32PM

Tai
RawPracticalist
The first thing about getting help and getting healed is this:

You have to acknowledge that you are sick and accept treatment.

In his video Robert Lockhart was visibly emaciated, sick but still talking about the value of raw food and fruits. He was not well but it was for him detox, he will rebound with even greater health after the detox.

No prayer, no doctor can help with that.

We are a soul within a body not a body which happens to have a soul.

So it is wrong for some raw foodists to claim that because it is raw and it is fruit, it is divine and everything else is bad. They feel they are doing the right thing and every body else is wrong, they are unique, and they are totally not open to any suggestion. I am sure his family members were telling him to go to the hospital and he probably did not listen.

Very insightful, Raw Practicalist. It's such dogma to insist on fasting if there is no raw food available, even if you are underweight, and it's dogma to insist on fasting when you are sick and underweight, even if there is suitable medicine available, even raw garlic in the case of an infection; it's dogma to reject even the raw antibiotic foods that could save your life because you want to prove that fasting is the way to go.

At least Lou Corona takes the antibiotic foods and he's not been sick in years. He juices a whole habanero, eats lots of garlic, etc. It's ridiculous, tragic, dangerous to eat only raw greens with minimal washing (to not wash all the B12 away) which could have pathogens like tapeworm eggs,dangerous bacteria, etc and reject the raw antibiotic foods and then be on death's door and be forced to have the hospital pump a very emaciated you full of antibiotics which have severe side effects

Even some honest buddhists which have traditionally rejected onions and garlic in their diet have admitted that garlic can cure some conditions and that garlic must be used, if necessary. For some people, it's their religion. They would rather play russian roulette with antibiotics than using garlic. As much as I think hospitals are useful for diagnostics and certain conditions, of course, I am horrified at most of the drugs' side effects. I have seen the antibiotic cipro tear achilles tendons in under 4 days on 2 patients. Herbs can have side effects but nothing like synthetic drugs.

And so much of herbal medicine has to be boiled to be useful. Roots, twigs, bark, mushrooms, etc. It's possible to grind raw, but it would take great effort and yet some herbs are toxic raw, like horsetail (good for silica) which has a harmful enzyme.

I don't know where Robert Lockhart stood on garlic and other antibiotic foods, but it seems a message in the Natural Hygiene movement. We saw that play out with Leah who almost died of an infection at Doug Graham's fasting retreat. Doug didn't have antibiotic foods/herbs/medicine there (probably because of the Natural Hygiene philosophy) and her life was narrowly saved at the hospital. Doug had some terrible fasting cases early in his career, which is saved by the chiropractic board, yet history kept repeating itself, likely because Natural Hygiene is so rigid.

Rather than people sticking to such strict and unproven ideologies, I think it's more important to focus on whether or not the food you are eating is going to have an overall beneficial or negative impact regardless of whether it's cooked or raw. The powerful anthocyanin compounds in purple sweet potatoes, for example, are not destroyed by cooking; they are heat-stable. Also, the body has to use MORE energy to digest many raw foods than cooked. If cooking can do this process for us without destroying the powerful phytonutrients, then it's a win for the body. In fact, resistant starch, which is prebiotic and feeds the healthy gut bacteria, rapidly increases when potatoes are cooked and cooled.

www.phytopanacea.com

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: December 09, 2019 01:17AM

jtprindl

Also, the body has to use MORE energy to digest many raw foods than cooked. If cooking can do this process for us without destroying the powerful phytonutrients, then it's a win for the body

But I think eating any Fruit or Vegetable Raw gives us MORE overall Health and Energy. I can never believe that any fruits or vegetables are 'better for us' cooked. (Not talking about medicinal food, like roots, etc.,that have to be cooked, like Tai mentioned.)

Unless in extreme situations - like you're dying of diarrhea because of your digestion because you got food poisoning and can't eat any raw fruits or vegetables.

If some fruits and vegetables are better for us cooked than raw, I'd rather just not eat said fruit or vegetable. I think all cooked food is sludge - even though I eat cooked food to try to gain weight or when eating raw isn't an option. So I'm a hypocrite.

Date: December 09, 2019 01:46AM

Jennifer
jtprindl

Also, the body has to use MORE energy to digest many raw foods than cooked. If cooking can do this process for us without destroying the powerful phytonutrients, then it's a win for the body

But I think eating any Fruit or Vegetable Raw gives us MORE overall Health and Energy. I can never believe that any fruits or vegetables are 'better for us' cooked. (Not talking about medicinal food, like roots, etc.,that have to be cooked, like Tai mentioned.)

Unless in extreme situations - like you're dying of diarrhea because of your digestion because you got food poisoning and can't eat any raw fruits or vegetables.

If some fruits and vegetables are better for us cooked than raw, I'd rather just not eat said fruit or vegetable. I think all cooked food is sludge - even though I eat cooked food to try to gain weight or when eating raw isn't an option. So I'm a hypocrite.

The problem is that cannot be proven. Where is your evidence that cooked food is "sludge" and how do you explain cultures that routinely live past 100+ years old free of disease by eating this "sludge"? Do you think the best athletes in the world are raw? They're pretty high energy. Otherwise, it sounds like raw food dogma. Some foods are medicinal even though they are cooked, it doesn't only apply to roots and herbs.

www.phytopanacea.com

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: December 09, 2019 02:54AM

I love how you say what she said cant be proven.

your statements
And tai's statements
Can't be proven

Putting up a study that shows x is not proof.

Saying i gave x to person and y happened is not proof

Date: December 09, 2019 03:27AM

fresh
I love how you say what she said cant be proven.

your statements
And tai's statements
Can't be proven

Putting up a study that shows x is not proof.

Saying i gave x to person and y happened is not proof

Specifically, which statements?

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 09, 2019 07:08AM

There are too many.

Like garlic does x and provides y benefit
And x cures y etc
No control and no recognition of the body always healing anyway so no way to prove causation.

And it doesn't matter what I say you both believe what you believe without actual evidence that's fine you are free to do so..

Regarding sludge you have to admit its funny to ask someone to prove that food is like sludge ..
its not a scientific claim. Shes just making a comparison that happens to be true imo based on the nature of cooked vs rawfood and its affect on the body.
And in particular i would say the elimination thereof.no need for tp for example on only raw is an indication of sludge like character and effect

Thats Not to say one cant live long or thrive on partial sludge diet.
That doesnt prove its not inferior to raw.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: December 09, 2019 11:11AM

My personal observation is that raw food especially greens are not as digestible as cooked vegetables. Our bodies may have lost that ability over the course of time.
There were times when I juiced a lot greens in the morning but I did not see the health benefit until I started adding ferment to the juice.

The green smoothies revolution did not generate much healing benefit either.

At the Hippocrates Health Institute, Brian Clements and followers need supplements. The super rich, fresh, raw micro greens and wheatgrass are not enough.

It is no wonder that almost all cultures in the world went for a cooked diet.

Fruits are digestible but they are missing other nutrients and cannot be the foundation of long term diet.

Genetic Evidence of Human Adaptation to a Cooked Diet:

Humans have been argued to be biologically adapted to a cooked diet, but this hypothesis has not been tested at the molecular level. Here, we combine controlled feeding experiments in mice with comparative primate genomics to show that consumption of a cooked diet influences gene expression and that affected genes bear signals of positive selection in the human lineage. Liver gene expression profiles in mice fed standardized diets of meat or tuber were affected by food type and cooking, but not by caloric intake or consumer energy balance. Genes affected by cooking were highly correlated with genes known to be differentially expressed in liver between humans and other primates, and more genes in this overlap set show signals of positive selection in humans than would be expected by chance. Sequence changes in the genes under selection appear before the split between modern humans and two archaic human groups, Neandertals and Denisovans, supporting the idea that human adaptation to a cooked diet had begun by at least 275,000 years ago.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2019 11:48AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: December 09, 2019 01:06PM

RawPracticalist
My personal observation is that raw food especially greens are not as digestible as cooked vegetables. Our bodies may have lost that ability over the course of time.
There were times when I juiced a lot greens in the morning but I did not see the health benefit until I started adding ferment to the juice.

The green smoothies revolution did not generate much healing benefit either.

At the Hippocrates Health Institute, Brian Clements and followers need supplements. The super rich, fresh, raw micro greens and wheatgrass are not enough.

It is no wonder that almost all cultures in the world went for a cooked diet.

Fruits are digestible but they are missing other nutrients and cannot be the foundation of long term diet.

Genetic Evidence of Human Adaptation to a Cooked Diet:

Humans have been argued to be biologically adapted to a cooked diet, but this hypothesis has not been tested at the molecular level. Here, we combine controlled feeding experiments in mice with comparative primate genomics to show that consumption of a cooked diet influences gene expression and that affected genes bear signals of positive selection in the human lineage. Liver gene expression profiles in mice fed standardized diets of meat or tuber were affected by food type and cooking, but not by caloric intake or consumer energy balance. Genes affected by cooking were highly correlated with genes known to be differentially expressed in liver between humans and other primates, and more genes in this overlap set show signals of positive selection in humans than would be expected by chance. Sequence changes in the genes under selection appear before the split between modern humans and two archaic human groups, Neandertals and Denisovans, supporting the idea that human adaptation to a cooked diet had begun by at least 275,000 years ago.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

That study is quite meaningless
Adapted in what way?
Beneficial how?

Regarding raw greens and cooked veggies. Have to define the word digestible and we will never ever know how much more digestible because that includes assimilation we just don't know there's no way to properly measure that ..plus u need to discuss negative affects that are also hard to determine.
Is a raw potato harder to chew and digest on a cook potato maybe how do you measure ?I don't know what is assimilated..thats part of digestion.
More calories? Probably.

And just because hippoc takes supps doesnt mean theyre needed

Fruits are the foundation of my long term diet. So ur statement is false..That doesn't mean I'm eating fruit exclusively..

Date: December 09, 2019 07:36PM

Lol

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 09, 2019 10:18PM

jtprindl
Lol

Wow what a brilliant response from jtprindl

So erudite
So deep
So pertinent

Very impressive jtprindl.

I must remember to just say lol
At my next debate or as the contents of my next masters thesis

They surely will be impressed.

Date: December 09, 2019 10:28PM

fresh
jtprindl
Lol

Wow what a brilliant response from jtprindl

So erudite
So deep
So pertinent

Very impressive jtprindl.

I must remember to just say lol
At my next debate or as the contents of my next masters thesis

They surely will be impressed.

Lol

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 09, 2019 11:07PM

Fresh:
Like garlic does x and provides y benefit
And x cures y etc
No control and no recognition of the body always healing anyway so no way to prove causation.

And it doesn't matter what I say you both believe what you believe without actual evidence

Tai
Super busy at the moment, but I will share studies by next week. yes, I will do my best to show proof.
Would be nice to avoid future tragedies, like the several fasting deaths in the raw food community...you know them hopefully, Fresh, I don't need to repeat them.

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: December 10, 2019 01:39AM

Tai,

Save your energy by not responding to Fresh - he's not interested in what anyone has to say other than himself. Don't waste your time on him, you can do more good with others who can use your real world knowledge and experience. He's one of the reasons this board has basically died. According to him,if you can't do the almost 100% pure fruit diet / raw diet then ' you're not doing it right '.

All you have to do nowadays is to go on YouTube and see all these '' wonderful '' 5 minute YouTubers waxing lyrical about the 100% fruit 100% / you can get everything you need from raw food without supplements, etc. A couple of years down the track they're now eating and extolling the virtues of vegan, paleo, cooked,supplements, etc. Not everything works for everyone. What's the point of blindly following an ideology if it's not working for you.

If anyone's interested, last year Melbourne Zoo ( Australia ) banned fruit for the gorillas because it was making them obese and rotting their teeth. If you're interested you can google '' Melbourne Zoo bans fruit for gorillas '', because it was commercially grown fruit.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 10, 2019 05:39AM

BJ
If anyone's interested, last year Melbourne Zoo ( Australia ) banned fruit for the gorillas because it was making them obese and rotting their teeth. If you're interested you can google '' Melbourne Zoo bans fruit for gorillas '', because it was commercially grown fruit.

This is a specious argument. There are some species of gorilla that thrive on mainly fruit. And there are others that thrive on mainly leaves. If you feed one of the mainly leaf eating fruit too much fruit, this is not good for them.

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: December 10, 2019 07:37AM

Prana,

I think you missed the point of it. I didn't refer to the article as an argument about whether gorillas are mainly fruit eaters or not ( did you read the article ? ). I'm sure the people working at the Melbourne zoo aren't following this board or are involved in the fruit debate on the raw food boards on fruit versus etc.. Their only job is to look after the gorillas welfare.

The article stated that the modern fruit is bred for it's sugar content, not it's nutrition or fibre content ( especially here in Australia ) and as a result the gorillas teeth were rotting. That their teeth were rotting is factual and you can't argue with that. Maybe the fruit quality is better in the US or other zoos, but it was just something I found interesting not coming from the raw food community - just an independent source with no ax to grind. Maybe it was too much fruit, but you would think they would know better, or is our fruit down here too crappy and sweet?

Date: December 10, 2019 03:54PM

BJ
Tai,

Save your energy by not responding to Fresh - he's not interested in what anyone has to say other than himself. Don't waste your time on him, you can do more good with others who can use your real world knowledge and experience. He's one of the reasons this board has basically died. According to him,if you can't do the almost 100% pure fruit diet / raw diet then ' you're not doing it right '.

All you have to do nowadays is to go on YouTube and see all these '' wonderful '' 5 minute YouTubers waxing lyrical about the 100% fruit 100% / you can get everything you need from raw food without supplements, etc. A couple of years down the track they're now eating and extolling the virtues of vegan, paleo, cooked,supplements, etc. Not everything works for everyone. What's the point of blindly following an ideology if it's not working for you.

False accusations.
Doesnt confront me directly
Very Lame
Off topic.

The issue here was people making statements un supported by evidence that is all.
has nothing to do with your personal opinions or problems or 100% raw food or any of that nonsense how about you start another thread for that so you can continue ranting.

Date: December 10, 2019 04:43PM

And the zoo banning fruit
Is an absurd report lacking detail into their full diet and other factors

Ooh fruit makes you fat!
Please ..give me a break.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2019 04:46PM by fresh.

Date: December 11, 2019 01:04AM

Date: December 12, 2019 01:28AM

`Thanks for sharing
Very informative video.

He makes two important points

1.Thou shalt still drink water even if thou eat high water content raw food

2. There is no scientific evidence or benefit to support dry fasting

If the body is loosing two millions cells per minutes how many new cells does it create? I guess 2 millions at least if we are not dying?

One point I disagree with him is when he seems to suggest that the most prevalent diet in nature was veganism.
I think that is quite rare. Elephants eat insects.

Thou shalt eat all of these leaves and flowers
but in that process thou shalt also unknowingly eat insects and bugs to provide you other vital nutrients.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2019 02:15AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: December 18, 2019 05:13AM

BJ, thanks for sharing that about the zoo animals.

I still don't have time to post info about garlic but it's vastly studied.

By the way, Charlotte Gerson passed this year at 96, 6 weeks before her 97th birthday. One thing that impressed me was her ability to heal quickly after a hip/pelvis fracture using the Gerson therapy. I believe she was a vegetarian since birth (unless she had some liver in the early days?).

Date: December 18, 2019 01:15PM

I think you may be misunderstanding my position on garlic and other Items..

It may be true that garlic has effects on the body when ingested although many times evidence for it is lacking baseless and exaggerated.. but let's put that aside my point is not that it doesn't have any effect my point is it's not necessary

The entire premise of this idea that we need to take specific items that are usually non-food items to cause healing I'm saying is invalid

Presumes that the body is not capable of healing itself here's a quote from a study that describes what I'm talkin about

"Usually, the harmful activity of a small percentage of these free radicals is inhibited by the natural antioxidants occurring in the cell. Antioxidants may be divided into enzymatic (superoxide dismutase [SOD], catalase, glutathione peroxidase [GSHP]) and non-enzymatic (vitamins E, C, A) groups. When, however, the amount of free radical increases (due to overeating, smoking, drug abuse, ultraviolet radiation exposure, persistent chronic inflammation, etc.) the pool of antioxidants is saturated and the excess of free radicals damages biological structures."

So my point is not to try to find all these things that have alleged effects on the body to point is to stop causing disease.

But people don't want to do that it's too hard so they want to add other things that will almost always have negative side effects that are ignored and garlic certainly is one that does have irritating effects on the body. Plus we want to act like we're just so smart and know more than Mother Nature

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2019 01:19PM by fresh.

Date: December 18, 2019 01:26PM

In addition people make statements like x person took y and z happened therefore item x healed the body.

Too many uncontrolled variables and ignores the bodys own healing powers going on all the time.

Date: December 18, 2019 01:30PM

So for example when I ate a lot of cooked I had various ailments painful back tight Achilles tendon these things went away when I moved towards raw diet now I don't attribute that to taking garlic or blueberries or kale I attributed that to decreasing my toxic load more likely that that's true imo. And the reason I know it's true is because those pains were recreated by moving backand forth between high raw and low raw not by specific food items being present or absent.

So when someone says take garlic for this all that means is that you don't trust the body to do its job or you don't want to eat a proper diet and do other things to create health

And that's fine as long as we are aware of that but let's not delude ourselves or act as if that's the best course of action..because people like to ignore minimize or dont even know about side effects claiming something is safe then later learn differently.

To claim that garlic or anything else is well studied is true but that it has no negatives is false. Just because the study results say no negatives observed doesnt mean its true. That's absurd.. they cant observe cell death or all effects. If you want to take garlic and feel the positive outweighs the negative fine but dont claim its the only or best option.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2019 01:48PM by fresh.

Date: December 19, 2019 12:25AM

Okay, Fresh, I understand your point. Thanks for explaining what you meant.

Fresh
To claim that garlic or anything else is well studied is true but that it has no negatives is false. Just because the study results say no negatives observed doesnt mean its true.

Tai
I am the first to admit that garlic has side effects at high dosages, namely fresh raw garlic juice. If taking garlic juice for a very acute infection, sip slowly, because at some point it will hurt the stomach. And because garlic juice is so caustic, best to juice with something mild like carrot. But because it is caustic, it kills bacteria on contact, which is helpful for an out of control infection.

Fresh
So when someone says take garlic for this all that means is that you don't trust the body to do its job or you don't want to eat a proper diet and do other things to create health

And that's fine as long as we are aware of that but let's not delude ourselves or act as if that's the best course of action..because people like to ignore minimize or dont even know about side effects claiming something is safe then later learn differently.

If you want to take garlic and feel the positive outweighs the negative fine but dont claim its the only or best option.

Tai
The main reason I mentioned garlic is because Doug Graham and these nature types like to go out in the jungle. You can stick some garlic in your backpack and it will last for a whole month, waiting there in case you need it. (what about that one woman who bit her cheek at Doug's fasting retreat and died.) I am not saying it's the only or best option but it's an obvious option when flying to costa rica with one or two suitcases and limited supplies, knowing that the water may or may not be purified (wasn't that one factor with Leah's infection?). It's also a relatively safe option to try as a non-medically trained loved one caring for a sick raw foodist who can't get out of bed with signs of an infection

Yes, garlic has side effects at a therapeutic dose for an infection, but an out of control infection has side effects too. Take your pick.

Sometimes infections are beyond our control, even with the best diet. Accidents happen, and even worse things can happen to us, not by us but to us (like I helped a young woman with HPV virus caused by her boyfriend cheating on her and not telling her and then infecting her and then her getting HPV-caused cancer. Garlic was one of many things that helped her get rid of it.)

There are many other things to do/use besides garlic. It's just that garlic is common and easy to find. There are better herbs to use than hot cayenne pepper for bleeding, but in an emergency, it's better than nothing. I have used really hot raw cayenne powder (300,000 heat units) on open wounds (my own, not others) to stop bleeding in accidents and it has always stopped the bleeding right away. I would definitely have used Chinese herbs if they were accessible, because no one likes the cayenne burn on an open wound. But sometimes it's about what one can find during an emergency, not what is the most ideal.

Date: December 19, 2019 12:36AM

Sounds reasonable to me

Date: December 19, 2019 05:58AM

Or i should have said sounds reasonable except for this part..sounds like a few assumptions
"(like I helped a young woman with HPV virus caused by her boyfriend cheating on her and not telling her and then infecting her and then her getting HPV-caused cancer. Garlic was one of many things that helped her get rid of it.)"

Date: December 19, 2019 11:31AM

I grow indoor micro greens that I juice regularly.

But I take fresh fruit with me for lunch at work.

You can have your cake and eat it too.

Your greens and your fruits are yours.

I used to squeeze one or two lemons every morning in warm water

but recently I tried to use 4 or 5 and do not even throw away the rest
I juice them with celery and I feel even better.

I read that the oils in the skin is not digestible but who cares.

So I guess some of the beliefs with have about fruits may be wrong.
We can do well as long as we can mix fruits with other foods as Tai said

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2019 12:14PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: December 20, 2019 07:34PM

Two vegans in Florida accused of starving their 18-month-old son to death by feeding him only raw fruits and vegetables have been indicted on murder charges, authorities said.

The boy’s mother later told cops that the family’s four children ate only raw foods like mangoes, rambutans, bananas and avocados. The boy had not eaten solid food for a week, but was being breastfed, Sheila O’Leary told police.

The charges also involved the couple’s three other children, ages 3, 5 and 11. The alleged abuse took place this year, Fox said.

Those children were also allegedly malnourished, one so badly that some of their teeth had to be removed, WBBH reported.

[nypost.com]

Tai:
Did the "cooked food is poison" guilt-tripping belief limit these parents from finding foods that would help their children thrive?

I know that some people are raising healthy raw vegan children, but imagine trying to raise 4 kids this way like this couple did. The dad was only 30. Some people are so naive and gullible. What if they heard a raw vegan teacher say, "if you can't find raw food, then just fast" and they took it literally, even for their children. If this family was trying their best and they weren't sickos, the raw food community should help them. It's not fair to spread this strict dogma, like 'cooked food is poison' and 'cooked food is the reason mankind fell', and ignore the casualties. The raw food educators should donate some time and money and investigate cases like these to teach others so that young naive parents will not repeat these mistakes, IF they are going to continue to preach that raw vegan is the most optimal ideal diet for everyone.

p.s. I found a study for you Raw Practicalist regarding fruit and bone density as it relates to your diet, since you consume dairy and maybe some grains (at least you mentioned this in the past)? Fruit is not bad. I think Charlotte Gerson consumed nonfat milk, as a non-vegan food in her diet.
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2019 07:47PM by Tai.

Date: December 20, 2019 11:33PM

The question is why.
Low calories? B12? Vit d?
Not enough info

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables