Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

quitting meds for health
Posted by: golden ()
Date: January 11, 2007 07:05PM

I have been a veggie before but now I'm taking a small dose of lithium and Lorezapam. I have a problem with minor depression which does not allow me to enjoy the things I use to. So I'm thinking that going on a Raw Food diet should help my overall health. I just hate meds but I enjoy a good diet and good health which I haven't had in years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: quitting meds for health
Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: January 11, 2007 07:22PM

Some "feel good foods" are: pumpkin seeds, dates & bananas. They "help" if you are depressed. There are other feel good/anti depressive foods. I don't know if you're a raw vegan or not.

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: January 11, 2007 08:33PM

Have you looked into alternatives to the medications you were taking? A natural practitioner could recommend a herbal substitute or another approach which would be right for you.

I hesistate to recommend anything specific, because that is something I believe should be properly assessed according to your individual needs.

It may well be that the raw foods will address this problem by themselves, but in the event that they either don't or if it takes some time for that result to take place, it would be good to be prepared. Depression is an awful feeling, and impacts your whole life. It's no way to exist if you can avoid it, and it can so easily undermine your ability to reach your goals.

Congratulations on your desire to be free of these medications. I think we tend to be over-medicated as a rule, and many people just don't realize how many harmful ways a single drug can impact your body.

Wishing you well,
Sapphire

Posted by: bodybyblis ()
Date: January 12, 2007 12:54AM

Agree with you...research into alternatives to meds & do raw. Sometimes we have genetic issues that ACTUALLY CAN BE ALTERED (see "The Field"winking smiley & certain foods can help us through all depressions.

I would also recommend a consult with Gabriel Cousens. One of his specialities is NEUROTRANSMITTERS AND REBALANCING. Well worth the expense I would say.

Blissed be,

Annie

bodybybliss.com

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: January 12, 2007 01:06AM

i applaud you as well for wanting optimum health and well being.

please, do you have someone in the flesh you can trust to help
monitor your stability if you taper off your meds?

please don't go it alone.

Posted by: uma ()
Date: January 12, 2007 06:19AM

Besides the diet, I am learning to look at habits of my mind that bring up depression--that negativity is a choice, and i can choose to change the way i look at my life, in each moment! smiling smiley

Having said that, another excellent mood-enhancing, blissful euphoria-inducing food, is DURIAN DURIAN DURIAN!!!!! (It contains tryptophan.) Besides the fact that it is one of the yummiest foods on Earth, I enjoy the post-eating high.

I spent boatloads of $$ for Gabriel Cousens to try and "balance my brain". It didn't work for me. Didn't get to the root cause. It is herbal psychiatry (he is a psychiatrist), rooted in the allopathic model of treating symptoms with pills. I felt better for a while on these mood enhancing amino acids and herbs and whatever long list of stuff i was on, but i can't imagine it is that different from an experience of being on traditional anti-depressants--it leveled things out and made things not bother me, but i kind of felt like a sedated cow. Plus, I was (for real) depressed about taking so many pills! LOL.

Back in my days of Western medicine I took so many pills. Then onto altnernative medicine so many more. And even initially with raw, so many supplements! Now I don't take any pills or supplements, and the day I threw them all away was such a LIBERATION! Of course, I do get high from durian....

Love,
Uma

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables