Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Germ theory disproven in 1884
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: March 27, 2020 03:08PM

The germ theory is what modern medicine hangs its hat on as the major cause of disease in the world. Many people assume that viruses, bacteria and other germs cause most of the diseases in the world today.
What if there were exceptions to that theory?
If there are exceptions to the “facts” then how does it continue to have merit?
Exceptions to the rule make it just that: a rule, not a law.
When the germ theory was first being proposed in the nineteenth-century by forerunners Robert Koch and Louis Pasteur, it was very controversial and had many detractors within the scientific community. One critic in 1884 was so convinced that the theory was wrong, he gulped down a glass of water that was mixed heavily with vibrio cholerae, the bacterium associated with cholera. Astounding his colleagues, he was completely unaffected by the pathogen. The magazine Science published an article in 2000 describing the incident stating: “For unexplained reason he remained symptom free, but nevertheless incorrect.” (DiRita2000)
That sums up the arrogance of the modern scientific and medical communities today. If they claim that vibrio cholerae causes cholera and this example showed that the man avoided cholera- how can he be “incorrect”?
Dr. Reggie Gold once said that “Rude facts destroy pretty theories.” Instead of trying to delve deeper into the question of why he didn’t become ill, the medical and science community blatantly ignored this exception so it could hold on to its “pretty theory.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Germ theory disproven in 1884
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: March 27, 2020 03:32PM

The U.S. Navy conducted experiments trying to produce various diseases by the feeding of germs without any disease being produced.

“These experiments, conducted under test conditions and under government supervision with such disappointing results should knock the last prop from under the germ theory, as they doubtless would have done if our government doctors had seen fit to make them public property … would have been a signal government service to the people … but not good business for the doctors and serum manufacturers.” -Dr. Stanford Kingsley Claunch, "Exploding the Germ Theory" page 25, Originally published in 1946

Posted by: Niick ()
Date: April 01, 2020 09:28PM

What causes diseases to get passed around if it's not from germs, bacteria, or viruses?

Date: April 01, 2020 11:13PM

It's just an assumption ..

When several people get sick at the same time
that doesn't mean that they passed it to each other

When people in my household get sick and I don't does that disprove it?

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: April 02, 2020 01:47PM

Fresh
One critic in 1884 was so convinced that the theory was wrong, he gulped down a glass of water that was mixed heavily with vibrio cholerae, the bacterium associated with cholera. Astounding his colleagues, he was completely unaffected by the pathogen

Tai
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
Immunity Following Infection

Vibrio cholerae induces long-lasting immunity in most people who recover from infection. This has been observed in US volunteers infected with wild-type V. cholerae O1 then challenged later with a second dose of bacteria. These challenge studies demonstrate that a single episode of experimental V. cholerae infection resulted in 100% protection against reinfection with either the homologous or heterologous serotype for at least 3 years—the longest interval tested [11].

Insights from Natural Infection-Derived Immunity to Cholera Instruct Vaccine Efforts
[cvi.asm.org]

Clues to cholera resistance
[news.harvard.edu]

Later tests showed genetic differences between people who had contracted the disease and those who had been exposed, but never became ill

“We found two strong patterns,” she said. “We found a whole set of genes that are related to a gene called IKBKG, which plays a key role in immunity. But what we found was not the gene itself, but a whole group of genes that regulate IKBKG. We also found a whole set of genes for potassium channels, which are the channels in the walls of our cells that regulate fluid loss.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: April 02, 2020 02:53PM

Fresh
When people in my household get sick and I don't does that disprove it?

Tai
I don't think that disproves it.

The cleaner a body is, the stronger the immune system, the higher levels of vitamin C in the diet, the very low levels of pathogens in a vegan diet would make the vegan seemingly immune compared to roommates on the SAD diet which tends to be clogging.

But here is the clincher Fresh. I saw a long term raw vegan who had a clean lymphatic system get a chronic infection from consuming raw eggs and I think raw dairy for a very short time. She had some health problems as a raw vegan so she decided to experiment. It's about viral and bacterial loads. Her body couldn't handle the high loads. As a vegan, she didn't get sick because she was not consuming high pathogen loads in her diet. I know some people can get away with eating raw eggs sometimes. But there are contaminated eggs and it's those eggs that make people sick.

I know a vegan can go decades and not get an infectious illness, if they are careful, because the vegan diet by it's very nature is low pathogen. But exposure to high levels of pathogens is dangerous, even for a vegan who has not gotten sick in years.

But not all vegans have great immune systems. I used to think vegans were the cleanest, but I later realized that's not necessarily true. I have seen enough older vegan men with toenail fungus, infected gums, pathogens in blood, etc. I finally realized that a person who can maintain the integrity of their body is stronger. That's why I take seriously the recommendations that the elderly need more protein, which impacts the immune system. If a vegan has decaying gums and teeth, bacteria can easily penetrate and congregate.
This is just one example of how a vegan can be sick without knowing they are sick:
Relation between periodontitis and helicobacter pylori infection
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Helicobacter pylori and cardiovascular complications: a mechanism based review on role of Helicobacter pylori in cardiovascular diseases
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Hpylori is easily transmitted in foods, btw.
[www.healthline.com]
Is H. Pylori Contagious?

this kills Hpylori, btw (it doesn't let me copy and paste the ingredients):
[www.apexenergetics.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2020 02:58PM by Tai.

Date: April 02, 2020 03:36PM

We have opposite views

The evidence is on my view in my opinion

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables