Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How do I heal ACID REFLEX with healthy raw foods?
Posted by: Niick ()
Date: April 06, 2020 05:35PM

I'm still on a standard American diet, but I want to change that because I'm sick of being sick. But I can't afford to eat mostly fruits - it's way to expensive. So I was thinking about eating the way Ann Wigmore taught. It seems to be the most inexpensive way to get all the nutrients that you need.

I have acid reflex and I believe it's coming up and getting into my airways - and inflaming them. Is there some way I can heal this problem with food?

I don't want to take the time to learn a bunch of recipes. I'd rather keep it simple and just eat salads, energy soup, and drink juices.

Should I consume some rejuvelac with every thing I eat? Would the enzymes in it help digest the food so acid doesn't come back up? I tried taking enzyme supplements with my meals but it didn't work. Then my doctor prescribed me pepcid, but I still feel acid coming up into my throat area while I'm sleeping with the head of my bed raised. So she prescribed me something stronger (prilosec), but it has some really bad side effects so I don't want to take it any longer than I have to.

Will the rejuvelac help with this problem? What about the wheatgrass? Anything else I can do for acid reflex?

Also, every time I eat a salad or a smoothie, I'm hungry again like an hour later. If I add some soaked nuts or seeds to those things, will it fill me up longer? How about sprouts - are there certain kinds of sprouts that feel you up? I believe Ann Wigmore added lentil sprouts to her energy soup - does that feel you up?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How do I heal ACID REFLEX with healthy raw foods?
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: April 06, 2020 09:19PM

Hi Niick, the raw veterans have not answered you yet, so I will just give you a quick idea. Instead of trying to dramatically change your diet which could take days or weeks to master, consider eliminating certain foods today to give you immediate relief.

What to eat and avoid if you have GERD
[www.medicalnewstoday.com]

Regarding rejuvelac, if after you have removed offending foods and the rejuvelac helps you, you can continue. A lot of stores carry kombucha and Kevita probiotic drinks. Costco sells inexpensive cases.

Niick
Also, every time I eat a salad or a smoothie, I'm hungry again like an hour later. If I add some soaked nuts or seeds to those things, will it fill me up longer?

Tai
yes of course. Nuts and seeds are so calorically dense that you can even gain too much weight eating them in excess.
But in the short term, it would be better to eat juicy fruits to fill you up, not nuts, in order to decrease the inflammation.
When you say fruit is too expensive, cara cara oranges are like a dollar a pound and they are low acid. Tangerines maybe $2 a pound.

Aloe vera juice helps acid reflux. But don't try it while eating offending foods. The best is to make it fresh; don't buy it from a bottle. Get the whole leaves and scoop out the clear gel and blend under 10 sec with a little fruit juice and maybe a banana. Have one leaf a day (again don't blend the peel/green skin)
[www.healthline.com]

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: April 06, 2020 09:53PM

I agree with Tai's advice!

Just like to add that you might ask your primary physician to check you for amebas and other parasites (since these could sometimes cause heartburn). If you drink coffee, consider a trial without it. If you have peppermint tea, consider trial without it. And make sure to include sufficient exercise.

Best wishes!

Date: April 06, 2020 10:12PM

Thank you that was very helpful.

The first article said:

people who consumed more cholesterol and saturated fatty acids and a higher percentage of calories from fat were more likely to experience GERD symptoms.
What about fish oil - my doctor has me taking fish oil for epa and dha, and I read that raises your cholesterol. I've been taking 2,000mgs/day because it's suppose to reduce inflammation. Do you think it could be causing me GERD?

non-decolorized aloe vera juice can cause diarrhea. This is because the juice contains anthraquinone, which is a potent laxative. Animal studies show anthraquinones are an intestinal irritant. This irritant may lead to intestinal cancers or tumors.

Any idea what they mean by non-decolorized?

Date: April 06, 2020 10:19PM

Actually I rarely get heartburn. I don't know why that is. I just have indigestion or acid coming up my esophagus frequently. I burp a lot when I move around. Could I still have amebas and other parasites? What would a doctor do for that anyway? I've taken a parasite cleanse product before - would something like that be more effective then what a doctor would prescribe me?

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: April 06, 2020 10:48PM

Any idea what they mean by non-decolorized?

Tai
To heal your tissue, you need fresh aloe vera from a leaf. Don't drink the bottled aloe. The quote is talking about bottled aloe juice.

Quit the fish oil at least while you are trying to heal the acid reflux.

Look into elimination diets so that you can find a baseline of foods that calm your stomach and then add one new food at a time.

Don't get caught up in lab tests right now, if it distracts you from just fixing your diet today. Even H-pylori can be a culprit:
[www.healio.com]

Keep things very simple. Just stop eating the offending foods and make sure to include some juicy fruits.

If your sphincter has problems, the aloe can help to heal it as it slides down. For serious sphincter problems, I would try getting a very large aloe plant and get the living aloe gel and drink that straight with no added water or fruit. THat way it would heal the sphincter. Even chewing the aloe gel and swallowing instead of blending it is fine.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables