Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

17 key personality types when it comes to handling coronavirus
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: April 17, 2020 11:53PM

Ok, so here on the board, we seem to have The Skeptics vs. The Alarmists, and NuNativs is The Futurist. Maybe some of us are Ideologues.

17 key personality types when it comes to handling coronavirus

[sharylattkisson.com]

With the stress of restrictions and self-quarantines, some Americans are lashing out at one another. They are criticizing each other’s attitudes, decisions and approaches.

When it comes to handling a crisis— or any pressure— I think a lot of an individual’s response has to do with personality type.

An alarmist personality will not be able to convince a fatalist to see things their way, and vice versa. The process of trying can create conflict and frustration.

Here are 17 key personality types when it comes to handling coronavirus. Which type(s) are you? What about your family and friends.

1. The Enforcer: This personality polices everyone else.

“You touched your face!” “Why aren’t you home in isolation?” “You let your kids eat like that?”

2. Drama Queen: This person creates drama around the simplest event.

“OMG! I went to the store and they were COMPLETELY OUT OF MY favorite potato chips! I can’t fall asleep at night if I don’t eat those special chips. I’m going to be a mess tomorrow morning! I won’t get any sleep. I’m definitely going to get sick.”

3. Action Oriented a/k/a The Organizer: This type is always on the move, trying to impact his environment.

“I can show you how to make your own hand sanitizer.” “We can build plastic shields and have a social distance meeting to discuss how we are going to divide duties the next month.”

4. Party Animal: Anything is an excuse for a party. This person avoids addressing serious events by ignoring them.

“Let’s put on some music and have a social distance party six feet apart! I’ll make corona cocktails!”

5. The Selfie: This person is a character in his own movie at all times.

“Take a picture of me looking for toilet paper on this empty shelf.” “Here I am taking my temperature— no fever!”

6. The Optimist: They are most comfortable when immersed in the best case scenario.

“The worst is over… we will come back stronger than ever…” “Well, some good will come of this. At least it has brought families together. We’re getting a break from work stresses and reconnecting with our real lives.”

7. The Alarmist a/k/a The Pessimist: They are most comfortable considering the worst case scenario.

“I know I’m going to catch it. You’re going to catch it, too. They’re not telling us how bad it is. We’re all going to die.”

8. The Fatalist: There is no point in even trying.

“This is the End of Days. I knew it was coming. It’s all part of The Plan.”

9. The Ideologue: Everything that happens is filtered through a partisan lens.

“Coronavirus is Trump’s fault.” “Coronavirus is the Democrats’ fault.”

10. The Inquisitor: This person is constantly questioning and seeking information.

“Who—what—when—where—why—how..” and “…Really?”

11. The Researcher a/k/a The Analyst: These types gather factual and historic information and apply it to the events at hand.

“The 1918 epidemic showed us..” “This chart proves…”

12. The Skeptic: This type accepts nothing at face value.

“But how do we really know…”

13. The Realist: Less doomsday than the fatalist, The Realist accepts with a matter of fact attitude.

“It is what it is. If I get it; I get it. We all die of something.”

14. The Futurist: This personality sees transformation resulting from chaos.

“Our lives will be transformed with new technologies and methods even after this is over, more telecommuting, telemedicine, distance learning…”

15. The Sociologist: A person who looks at how events impact the way we live life.

“Our society will be transformed with social distancing a new, permanent reality, different crowd experiences, new ways to connect without touch…”

16. The Psychologist: This person psycho-analyzes the impact.

“People will lose their motivation and become depressed.”

17. The Opportunist a/k/a The Entrepreneur: This type finds opportunity in most any environment.

“I can start a new business that caters to the people stuck at home.” “I’m waiting for the right moment and am going to buy stock in…”

As long as they aren’t endangering others, people should probably be allowed to process stress in his own way.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables