Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

the Constitution?
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: April 21, 2020 04:47AM

[www.lewrockwell.com]

a worthless document

never thought of it that way

also the 10th amendment and the wrongful actions of state governments

Some liberal and conservative commentators have argued that the 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution does give the States (and the people) certain “powers” or rights not granted to the Federal Government. This argument is being used currently to defend the so-called “rights” of the States to decide when and whether to allow the resumption of normal business and societal relations in the state.

But is this an accurate reading of the 10th Amendment and of the argument from “states rights’? Hardly. It is true that the 10th Amendment does say that powers NOT granted under the Constitution to the Feds are, in fact, reserved to the States and to the People. BUT it also says, and this is a huge BUT, these so-called “powers” CANNOT include activities expressly “prohibited by it (the Constitution) to the States..” In short, the States cannot regulate or prohibit activities that are explicitly protected by the Constitution as “rights”, namely activities such as (Amendment 1) “the free exercise of religion” and the “right of the people…to assemble…” And no State, of course, (Article 1, Section 10) “can pass any Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts…”

In short, the States don’t have–and have never had–the legitimate power to regulate or prohibit religious freedom or freedom of assembly or “impair” the obligation of contracts.” Yet almost every Governor have done precisely this, i.e., they have restricted, regulated and prohibited activities that the Constitution itself says they have no right to restrict, regulate, or prohibit. Even worse (from a legal perspective) they have done so mostly by edict and not by legislation and none to my knowledge have even had to go to court to attempt to provide any “rational basis” for their actions. That, dear reader, is the complete abandonment of the rule of law..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: the Constitution?
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: April 21, 2020 04:45PM

That was interesting. As flawed as the Constitution is, where would we be without it. Like those other horrible countries.

I had looked up the power given to the Federal Government at the beginning of this Farce, and right now I can't remember the websites and the articles I read, but I was mainly looking up how the government has any power in relation to Mandatory Vaccinations.

It seems that in times of an "Epidemic" or Pandemic, suddenly the Government has all kinds of power, in relation to the 14th Amendment, because it's "for the common good".

We do not have a valid argument against mandatory vaccination. It is established that vaccination to prevent an epidemic is well within the police powers of the states. Furthermore, we do not have a 14th Amendment liberty or due process argument because the vaccination is for the health and welfare of the state. Lastly, even if we had a religious objection, it would most likely be dismissed because a compelling state interest may abridge religious freedom [9].

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2020 05:43PM by Jennifer.

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: April 23, 2020 03:52PM

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: April 23, 2020 07:00PM

The Constitution is a crock, the Book of Life is much more accurate:

"Seek not the law in your scriptures, for the law is life, whereas the scripture is dead. I tell you truly, Moses received not his laws from God in writing, but through the living word. The law is living word of living God to living prophets for living men. In everything that is life is the law written. You find it in the grass, in the tree, in the river, in the mountain, in the birds of heaven, in the fishes of the sea; but seek it chiefly in yourselves. For I tell you truly, all living things are nearer to God than the scripture which is without life."

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: April 23, 2020 07:05PM

Yes that's what the article said,

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: April 23, 2020 07:14PM

fresh
Yes that's what the article said,

That's aimed at Jennifer I suppose and her allegiance to amerika...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables