Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Stunned at the stupidity
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 08, 2020 12:07PM

Masks, temperature checks mark ‘new normal’ as restaurants across the United States reopen
A different dine-in experience emerges than what existed before the coronavirus pandemic exploded

SAVANNAH, Ga. — With staff wearing masks, checking customers’ temperatures and using disposable paper place mats,

Plastic bags mark off seats to promote social distancing

Kemp issued 39 requirements that restaurants must follow, including observing a limit of 10 customers per 500 square feet (about 46 square meters) and ensuring that all employees wear face coverings.

Anchorage began allowing restaurants, hair salons and other retails locations to open Monday, three days after the rest of Alaska began relaxing restrictions. Seating must be limited to 25 percent of capacity, and only members of the same household can sit at a table.

A log with every customer's first and last name and contact phone number must be maintained by the restaurant and kept for 30 days in case it's needed for contact tracing. All employees must wear fabric face masks, and customers are encouraged to wear them unless eating.

In Tennessee, state officials allowed restaurants to reopen

each diner — as well as employees — had to have their temperature checked with an infrared thermometer gun.

"Everybody has really been great about that part of it," restaurant general manager Keith Carter said of the temperature checks. "We figured we would have some people who would be like, 'That's kind of weird.' I think they see that it's just a precaution."

In Madison, a small antebellum town in Georgia about 60 miles (96 kilometers) from Atlanta, the Madison Chop House Grille took similar cautionary steps. The staff put big blue X marks on certain tables and removed chairs to let patrons know they could not sit there. When employees arrive, they have to take their temperature and record it on a white board that's visible to customers.

The restaurant only had about six tables of people for dine-in lunch service, said general manager, Mary Spoto.

"Every customer who's come in here has thanked us for being open, but unfortunately it was really slow," Spoto said.

Good I hope your place closes and you end up homeless for being a coward

Many other restaurants decided it wasn't yet time to reopen. Dennis McKinley had planned to open two of the three branches of his Atlanta-area restaurant, the Original Hot Dog Factory. But Monday morning he decided not to open after all, citing community opposition.

McKinley estimates he got about 40 calls over the weekend from politicians, community leaders and customers urging him not to reopen for dine-in service.
: W

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stunned at the stupidity
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: May 08, 2020 12:51PM

This is the WORST Twilight Zone Episode EVER!!!

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: May 08, 2020 01:59PM

John Rose
This is the WORST Twilight Zone Episode EVER!!!

Yes, that's for sure - or like a Black Mirror Episode.

"May you live in interesting times"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2020 02:00PM by Jennifer.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: May 08, 2020 02:09PM

Here is fresh sticking up for the restaurant industry, one of the biggest, most colossal wastes of human energy and resources, not to mention the source of much destruction to personal health. Come on, WE NEED to open the Hot Dog Factories!

Economy OR HEALTH?

"Shut it down, shut it shut it down!!!"

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 08, 2020 02:16PM

NuNativs
Here is fresh sticking up for the restaurant industry, one of the biggest, most colossal wastes of human energy and resources, not to mention the source of much destruction to personal health. Come on, WE NEED to open the Hot Dog Factories!

Economy OR HEALTH?

"Shut it down, shut it shut it down!!!"

Of course it is

That doesn't mean I can't be stunned

And it doesn't mean I am sticking up for the industry

Because you repeatedly distort everything I say I am done with you

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: May 08, 2020 02:19PM

fresh
Masks, temperature checks mark ‘new normal’ as restaurants across the United States reopen
A different dine-in experience emerges than what existed before the coronavirus pandemic exploded

SAVANNAH, Ga. — With staff wearing masks, checking customers’ temperatures and using disposable paper place mats,

Plastic bags mark off seats to promote social distancing

Kemp issued 39 requirements that restaurants must follow, including observing a limit of 10 customers per 500 square feet (about 46 square meters) and ensuring that all employees wear face coverings.

Anchorage began allowing restaurants, hair salons and other retails locations to open Monday, three days after the rest of Alaska began relaxing restrictions. Seating must be limited to 25 percent of capacity, and only members of the same household can sit at a table.

A log with every customer's first and last name and contact phone number must be maintained by the restaurant and kept for 30 days in case it's needed for contact tracing. All employees must wear fabric face masks, and customers are encouraged to wear them unless eating.

In Tennessee, state officials allowed restaurants to reopen

each diner — as well as employees — had to have their temperature checked with an infrared thermometer gun.

"Everybody has really been great about that part of it," restaurant general manager Keith Carter said of the temperature checks. "We figured we would have some people who would be like, 'That's kind of weird.' I think they see that it's just a precaution."

In Madison, a small antebellum town in Georgia about 60 miles (96 kilometers) from Atlanta, the Madison Chop House Grille took similar cautionary steps. The staff put big blue X marks on certain tables and removed chairs to let patrons know they could not sit there. When employees arrive, they have to take their temperature and record it on a white board that's visible to customers.

The restaurant only had about six tables of people for dine-in lunch service, said general manager, Mary Spoto.

"Every customer who's come in here has thanked us for being open, but unfortunately it was really slow," Spoto said.

Good I hope your place closes and you end up homeless for being a coward

Many other restaurants decided it wasn't yet time to reopen. Dennis McKinley had planned to open two of the three branches of his Atlanta-area restaurant, the Original Hot Dog Factory. But Monday morning he decided not to open after all, citing community opposition.

McKinley estimates he got about 40 calls over the weekend from politicians, community leaders and customers urging him not to reopen for dine-in service.
: W

No way am I going to any place that takes your temperature, writes down your information for contact tracing, or won't let me be with my people.

This is beyond crazy!

And a thousand times Yes - I sure do hope all those dumbass businesses that are going overboard virtue signaling, showing how righteous they are go out of business. When we first closed down here in my area, there was a speciality grocery store that was one of the few smaller grocery stores still open. We went shopping there. It's a big roomy place that wasn't crowded. Then we went back a week later and there was a sign on the door that they were closed and only doing pick-up orders. So I called them to find out why they closed. They said they had a Board Meeting and decided to close for the Safety of their Customers. Boy, do I ever hope their grocery store goes out of business.

angry smiley

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: May 08, 2020 02:23PM

"Do we really need to run the multitude of houses, restaurants, motels, grocery stores, gyms, schools and so on, consuming large amounts of fuel to commute to them, for cooling and heating them, and the large amounts of water piped around, supplying an unending flushing of inefficient toilets and sinks to flush it all away, or should we save those precious resources to use in our miniature homes? Perhaps the real education can come from Nature, the groceries from the lakes, rivers, forests and fields, the workouts from the mountains, and the restaurant travels with us all the time!"

NuNativs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables