Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Omega 3s affecting teeth and gums
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: May 17, 2020 05:48AM

It's interesting that in Chinese medicine the brain and teeth are linked and here omega 3s affect teeth health, and of course brain health.
DHA is what's key here.

Omega-3’s May Be Good for Gums
[www.thecrimson.com]

Incorporating foods with omega-3 fatty acids into your diet may help prevent gum disease, according to a recent study conducted by Harvard researchers.

Using data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, researchers from Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of Public Health were able to link the intake of two specific omega-3 fatty acids—DHA and EPA—with lower levels of the gum disease periodontitis in participants. This infectious, chronic disease causes gum tissue to separate from the teeth, leading to the accumulation of bacteria. In severe cases, it can eventually cause bone and tooth loss.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
Omega 3 fatty acids and periodontitis in U.S. adults

We found that higher dietary intake of DHA was associated with a lower odds of periodontitis (Table 2), with no statistical difference in effect between the second and third tertiles (p=0.39). Dietary EPA intake was more modestly associated with lower prevalence of periodontitis. We did not observe a statistically significant association between tertiles of LNA and periodontitis. For both DHA and EPA, there was little change in the ORs with multivariable adjustment. For LNA, a significant association in initial models were chiefly attributable to confounding by education, income and race/ethnicity

In summary, we found that n-3 intake, particularly DHA and EPA, are inversely associated with periodontitis in the US population. To date, the treatment of periodontitis has primarily involved mechanical cleaning and local antibiotic application. Thus, a dietary therapy, if effective, might be a less expensive and safer method for the prevention and treatment of periodontitis. Given the evidence indicating a role for n-3s in other chronic inflammatory conditions, (27, 34-38) it is possible that treating periodontitis with n-3s could have the added benefit of preventing other chronic diseases associated with inflammation, including ischemic cerebrovascular disease,(39) as well. Both of these questions warrant further investigation in prospective cohort and randomized clinical trials.

[www.nutraingredients.com]

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
Docosahexaenoic Acid and Periodontitis in Adults: A Randomized Controlled Trial.

Abstract

Periodontitis is a common chronic inflammatory disease initiated by bacteria, resulting in bone resorption, tooth loss, and systemic inflammation. Long-chain omega-3 fatty acids such as docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) reduce periodontitis in animals. We aimed to determine whether DHA supplementation with low-dose aspirin would reduce periodontitis in humans. We conducted a double-blind placebo-controlled parallel trial lasting 3 mo. Fifty-five adults with moderate periodontitis were randomized to 2,000 mg of DHA or identical soy/corn oil capsules. All participants received 81 mg of aspirin but received no other treatments. We analyzed the primary outcome of per-pocket change in pocket depth using mixed models among teeth with pocket depth ?5 mm. Secondary outcomes assessed with generalized estimating equations included gingival index, plaque index, and bleeding on probing. Gingival crevicular fluid samples were analyzed for changes in high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hsCRP) and interleukins 6 and 1? (IL-6 and IL-1?). Plasma was analyzed for changes in systemic inflammatory markers, including hsCRP. We confirmed adherence with erythrocyte fatty acid measurement. Forty-six participants completed the trial. While similar at baseline, the proportion of DHA in red blood cell plasma membranes increased from 3.6% ± 0.9% to 6.2% ± 1.6% in the intervention group but did not change among controls. DHA supplementation decreased mean pocket depth (-0.29 ± 0.13; p = .03) and gingival index (-0.26 ± 0.13; p = .04). Plaque index and bleeding on probing did not change. Significant adjusted differences were found between DHA and control for both gingival crevicular fluid hsCRP (-5.3 ng/mL, standard error [SE] = 2.4, p = .03) and IL-1? (-20.1 pg/mL, SE = 8.2, p = .02) but not IL-6 (0.02 pg/mL, SE = 0.71, p = .98) or systemic hsCRP (-1.19 mg/L, SE = 0.90, p = .20). In this randomized controlled trial, aspirin-triggered DHA supplementation significantly improved periodontal outcomes in people with periodontitis, indicating its potential therapeutic efficacy (clinicaltrials.gov NCT01976806).

[www.mayoclinic.org]
Periodontitis (per-e-o-don-TIE-tis), also called gum disease, is a serious gum infection that damages the soft tissue and, without treatment, can destroy the bone that supports your teeth. Periodontitis can cause teeth to loosen or lead to tooth loss.

Symptoms

Healthy gums are firm and pale pink and fit snugly around teeth. Signs and symptoms of periodontitis can include:

Swollen or puffy gums
Bright red, dusky red or purplish gums
Gums that feel tender when touched
Gums that bleed easily
Pink-tinged toothbrush after brushing
Spitting out blood when brushing or flossing your teeth
Bad breath
Pus between your teeth and gums
Loose teeth or loss of teeth
Painful chewing
New spaces developing between your teeth
Gums that pull away from your teeth (recede), making your teeth look longer than normal
A change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2020 05:48AM by Tai.

Options: ReplyQuote
Omega 3s affecting brain
Date: May 17, 2020 05:54AM

[www.drfuhrman.com]

The main points not to forget:

Severe deficiencies of DHA are potentially dangerous and associated with brain shrinkage in older adults.15,40,41
Vegans can have severe deficiencies of DHA based on dietary factors, but also genetic differences in DHA that we can fabricate from ALA.
You cannot guarantee you are safe from later-life neurological problems on a vegan diet, unless you either check blood work or take a supplement. To do otherwise is a foolish gamble.
Low-dose DHA-EPA has been shown to raise omega-3 index to normal in those that are insufficient,14 and there is zero evidence that such a low dose of DHA can increase risk of any disease, including prostate cancer. In fact, being DHA deficient would likely increase the risk of colorectal cancers and breast cancers.42,43

The thought that the small, but protective, dose of DHA recommended would increase risk of prostate cancer is not merely far-fetched, but ridiculous.

The people I have seen with depression, dementia and Parkinson’s include close friends and family, and even important well-known leaders in the vegan community. I am passionate about this not happening anymore to people following a plant-based dietary portfolio, especially because that is a diet I advocate.

DHA and Parkinson’s Disease

Parkinson’s Disease is a common neurologic disease believed to be caused by deterioration of the brain cells that produce dopamine. The link between DHA deficiency and Parkinson’s is not established in the scientific literature, but I have observed a disproportionate number of very healthy-eating vegans and near vegans (and Natural Hygienists) who have developed Parkinson’s. This suspicion that DHA deficiency may increases one’s risk of Parkinson’s is supported by animal models which show that a deficiency of DHA increases sensitivity to the chemical toxins linked to Parkinson’s Disease. Mice fed a Parkinson-inducing toxin (MPTP) became resistant to the chemical when DHA adequacy was established, while control mice (the mice with no DHA given) lost their dopamine-producing cells. DHA protects neurons against the cytotoxicity of chemicals shown to damage dopaminergic cells. The DHA derivative neuroprotectin D1 protects the brain against oxidized proteins.44

This is particularly relevant as well-known Natural Hygiene leaders and leaders of healthy eating communities such as Keki Sidhwa and Herbert Shelton died from Parkinson’s Disease. These were my mentors and close friends and I thought they would live healthfully to 100, but instead they suffered with Parkinson’s. I have also seen this happen with some of my otherwise super-healthy eating vegan and near-vegan patients. These people were shocked to have this problem when eating so healthfully for most of their lives and certainly, this was alarming to me. When I checked the blood level of DHA in some of them I found shockingly low levels.

This fear of mine and precaution I take so my followers do not get Parkinson’s Disease may be an important discovery. Certainly, I am not going to risk this happening again in myself, my friends, family and clients following my advice.

The Conservative Use of Supplements

The DHA/EPA supplement and the other supplements I designed are an important part of my teachings and lifespan-enhancing advice, enabling people to optimize those nutrients of marginal or low presence in their diet and just as importantly avoid unfavorable supplement ingredients and excesses that can cause harm. My protocols assure nutritional excellence while consuming a vegan or near vegan diet, which may not be nutritionally optimal for all people. My providing supplements – as part of my Nutritarian Diet that aims to do much better than the Blue Zones – assures me that people get adequate, but not excessive amounts of DHA, zinc, iodine, D, K2 and B12. This is an important part of this protocol to have a high quality of life after the age of 90. The supportive data to take these supplements when you are vegan or near vegan is overwhelming, but not a part of this paper.

I am one of the few living physicians who has had a primary care practice for decades caring for a predominantly plant-based community with many thousands of patients. By trying to discredit me, they can ignore the experience of a clinician who has observed people damaged in some way by low-fat vegan extremism. Some may argue from a theory—I argue from real patient experience with many thousands of patients.

The only way to argue against my having observed healthy-eating vegans with dementia due to severe DHA deficiency is to say I am lying, and attempt to convince people that what I said I experienced had not really happened. They claim I am fabricating this experience of seeing healthy eating vegans with dementia in later life just to sell DHA supplements. Note that the only argument to stand on for the support of a vegan diet that excludes nuts and seeds and DHA is claiming the hundreds of the most respected research scientists in the world are in collusion with the nut industry to fake the studies showing cardiac risk from nut exclusion and low-fat diets, and then claiming that I am also lying about non-supplementing elderly vegans developing neurologic problems.

There are various brands of algae-based DHA available. A consumer can evaluate what is available and consider price, features and quality to meet their needs. Some are more reasonably priced compared to mine that is a refrigerated product packed in glass.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2020 06:22AM by Tai.

Re: Omega 3s affecting teeth and gums
Date: May 17, 2020 06:30AM

[onlinelibrary.wiley.com]

Influence of omega?3 fatty acid on orthodontic tooth movement in rats: A biochemical, histological, immunohistochemical and gene expression study

Structured Abstract
Objective

The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of omega?3 fatty acids on orthodontic tooth movement.
Setting and Sample Population

For this study, 56 12?week?old adult male Wistar albino rats from the Animal Laboratory at Adnan Menderes University, Faculty of Medicine, were used.
Material and Methods

Rats were randomly divided into seven groups (n = 8 each): control group (without any treatment), tooth movement groups (three groups of animals with only tooth movement) and omega groups (three groups of animals with tooth movement and omega?3 administration). Omega?3 fatty acids were administered to the rats systemically during the tooth movement period. On the 3rd, 7th and 14th days after the orthodontic tooth movement, the rats were sacrificed and biochemical, histological, immunohistochemical andgene expression examinations were performed.
Results

On the 14th experimental day, the amount of tooth movement in the omega groups was significantly lower than the tooth movement groups (P = 0.012). Biochemical experimentsshowed that the omega groups had significantly lower total oxidant levels and higher total antioxidant levels compared to the tooth movement group on the 14th experimental day (P = 0.001). The levels of RANKL, IL?6 and IL?1? in the omega groups were significantly lower than the tooth movement groups on all experimental days (P < 0.05).
Conclusion

Systemic administration of omega?3 fatty acids showed antioxidant and antiinflammatory effects and decelerate the orthodontic tooth movement.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2020 06:31AM by Tai.

Date: May 17, 2020 06:42AM

[www.dental.columbia.edu]

Could omega-3 fatty acids help prevent miscarriages?

Compounds found in fish oil prevent pregnancy complications, including preterm birth, neonatal death, and stillbirth, in mice when the complications are caused by a common oral bacteria, according to research published today in the journal JCI Insight.

[insight.jci.org]

Omega-3 fatty acids suppress Fusobacterium nucleatum–induced placental inflammation originating from maternal endothelial cells

Date: May 17, 2020 06:32PM

Fresh
some articles counter to fuhrman

[www.vegsource.com]

Tai
There were videos.
I listened to:
Dr Klaper - Avoid DHA Supplements, Don't Test for Omega 3s

and Jeff Nelson
Do Vegans Need DHA Supplements?

Dr. Klapper wasn't refuting Dr. Fuhrman. He just said he is currently leery of DHA supplements and doesn't have enough information to say that DHA supplements are safe. He certainly wasn't refuting Dr Fuhrman on his observations about DHA deficiency in vegans.

Jeff Nelson is very concerned about cancer risk of taking DHA supplements and not focused on brain health. Jeff didn't refute Fuhrman's claims about DHA inadequacy in vegans.

Jeff Nelson doesn't seem to mind shredding fellow vegans to pieces like he tried to do with Fuhrman on his vegsource page. it seems odd to attack a doctor for selling supplements, when doctors prescribing medication is part and parcel of their job.
Jeff Nelson also tried suing a bunch of vegans not too long ago for youtube comments.
[www.leagle.com]
Many vegans suffered over this lawsuit. I don't know the outcome but it forced poor vegans who were spending money on rescuing animals to have to pay for legal representation. Right or wrong, animal rights activists are not going to agree with Jeff Nelson's lax view on meat. Animal rights activists are just going to have extreme views period. So is the answer to sue them into silence? and to totally trash Fuhrman's reputation for different viewpoint?

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 17, 2020 06:35PM

There you go again distorting the issue

he has an opposite view to Fuhrman

you are free to take any of you that you want

He does not recommend supplements fuhrman does

additionally Furman was a fraud he falsely claimed someone was on his program and he was not he lied and he refused to retract it.

Date: May 17, 2020 06:41PM

Fresh
additionally Furman was a fraud he falsely claimed someone was on his program and he was not he lied and he refused to retract it.

Tai
Not according to Fuhrman
Dr Fuhrman Debunks Jeff Nelson's False Allegations
[www.youtube.com]

Fresh
he has an opposite view to Fuhrman

Tai
I don't accept that statement. To have an opposite view that's credible, Jeff would have to also be a doctor seeing thousands of plant-based patients. Dr. Klaper, a doctor who saw thousands of plant-based patients is very respectful toward Fuhrman. That is the way a real doctor talks because he respects Fuhrman, a fellow colleague.

Last thing I want to say about Jeff is that he admits that he used to be a troll called Colonel Beefeater to drive more hits to a vegetarian site. It may be one reason he associated with Durianrider and Vegan Cheetah, even though they both have consistently had potty mouths. Their controversial shock value incited more clicks. So after learning that, I have to be wary of Jeff's motives.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2020 06:57PM by Tai.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 17, 2020 07:10PM

Sounds like this would require testimony directly from Scott at this time instead of having to rely on either one of those

Omega 3s affecting gut health
Date: May 17, 2020 08:16PM

Interesting how Max Gerson found that flax seed oil did not exacerbate cancer, while other oils he tested did.

If Omega 3's help the brain, what is the effect on the lower abdomen where the second brain is located?

I just had an epiphany. I never looked into DHA before. I heard about it, but didn't bother to learn. Now I see the connection to the teeth and brain and in Chinese medicine those two are linked to the kidney essence. Herein lies the connection, as you see below the ENS may in fact be the "first brain". So this is a secret of the Kidney essence! The kidney essence called Jing is a field of energy that is centered between the kidneys and the point mingmen and the energy penetrates through the abdomen. [www.acupuncturenepal.com]
[www.acupuncture-points.org]
It is going to fuel this first brain. From there, the Du meridian takes the essence to the teeth, ears and brain and hair. I can say from my experience in qigong, this second brain is a potential that most people don't know about...called the Dantian which is definitely connected to the nervous system. Learning about how DHA/omega 3's affects teeth, brain and gut has given me a concrete example of this kidney essence system.
This may sound hard to understand but I have to write this down for myself.

'Second brain' neurons keep colon moving
Brain in the gut coordinates activity of millions of neurons to propel waste through digestive system
[www.sciencedaily.com]
The enteric nervous system (ENS) is known as the "second brain" or the brain in the gut because it can operate independently of the brain and spinal cord, the central nervous system (CNS). It has also been called the "first brain" based on evidence suggesting that the ENS evolved before the CNS. Despite the known role of the ENS in generating motor activity in the colon, observing ENS neurons in action has been a challenge.

Effect of omega-3 fatty acids on rectal mucosal cell proliferation in subjects at risk for colon cancer.
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Omega-3 fatty acids in the maintenance of ulcerative colitis
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
EPA and DHA are evidently important as well as essential in the diet, but it is probably not their amount that is directly responsible for the beneficial effects, but rather their influence on the (n-6)sad smileyn-3) ratio, because both PUFA types compete with the same enzymes for their conversion to active metabolites.7 It is, for example, recommended that the human diet should return to a more balanced (n-6)sad smileyn-3) ratio of around 4:1 rather than the ratio of over 15:1 provided by many current Western diets. Moreover, it has been shown that dietary supplementation with EPA and DHA produce significant systemic immune suppression.

the use of high-dose Omega-3 PUFAs and Vitamin-D co-supplementation as a therapeutic approach for IBD-related symptoms: case report and literature review
[www.cellr4.org]

Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids as adjuvant therapy of colorectal cancer
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2020 08:53PM by Tai.

Re: Omega 3s affecting eyes
Date: May 17, 2020 11:03PM

[www.health.harvard.edu]

Omega-3 for your eyes
Published: August, 2012

Research finds DHA may help preserve your vision.

The omega-3 fatty acid known as DHA is touted for its many health benefits, and vision protection may be one of them. A new study published in Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science found that DHA, one of three forms of omega-3 fatty acids and the substance that makes up about 30% of brain matter, prevented age-related vision loss in lab mice. DHA is considered the most complex form of omega-3, but is among the most difficult to consume in sufficient amounts because it is contained in so few food sources.

Dr. Ann Bajart, a corneal specialist and clinical instructor in ophthalmology at Harvard Medical School, says the vision study likely applies to humans.
How it works

Researchers found that mice fed a diet supplemented with DHA did not experience a buildup of the toxic molecule A2E at the back of the eye. Over time, A2E normally accumulates in the retinal pigment epithelial cells and leads to vision loss. "DHA is the primary structural fatty acid of the gray matter of the brain and the retina," explains Dr. Bajart. "So it makes sense that a DHA supplement, or diet rich in DHA, may help slow the degeneration of the retina, including macular degeneration, the most common form of blindness in older people."

Adult Eye Benefits Of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
[www.allaboutvision.com]
Several studies suggest omega-3 fatty acids may help protect adult eyes from macular degeneration and dry eye syndrome. Essential fatty acids also may help proper drainage of intraocular fluid from the eye, decreasing the risk of high eye pressure and glaucoma.

Omega Fatty Acids’ Role in Supporting Eye Health
[www.bioriginal.com]
Omega-3 Fatty Acids: EPA, DHA and ALA support vision development and eye health recovery, improve dry eye syndrome and lower the risk of age-related macular degeneration (AMD).

Developing Vision: DHA accounts for more than one-third of the fatty acids in the retina of the eye. The fetus absorbs large amounts of DHA in the last three months of pregnancy and in the first few months of infancy, and is essential for retinal development. Breast milk is a natural source of DHA; an alternative source is infant formula fortified with DHA. Studies suggest that high doses of DHA can improve visual acuity of preterm infants.

Eye Health Recovery: Supplementing with DHA preserves healthy retinal function, lowers inflammation and supports visual acuity recovery. As well, omega-3 supplementation:
Deceases time to heal the corneal epithelium abrasions usually caused from an eye injury when the outer surface of the eye gets scraped. Corneal epithelium abrasions are usually caused from an eye injury when the outer surface of the eye gets scraped. These injuries can be caused from a scratch – fingernail, paper, makeup applicators, branches, leaves or contact lens.
Increases tear secretion and helps maintain a tear film on the surface of the eye. Tears help clean and lubricate the eye. The tear film interface focuses light on the retina, and plays a role in maintaining visual acuity.

Dry Eye Syndrome: Studies show that consuming EPA and DHA can improve dry eye by decreasing the rate of tear evaporation and increasing tear secretion in our eyes.

Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD): Studies show consuming omega-3 fatty acids can lower risk of AMD. Refer AREDs – Clinical Trial II for more information.

Omega 3 Benefits to the Retina
[www.enhancedvision.com]
Structural Benefits

The cell membranes of the retina contain very high concentrations of DHA. Essential fatty acids can affect the health and how well these cell membranes function. “Animal studies indicate that DHA is required for the normal development and function of the retina” according to the Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University. Dr. Lylas Mogk, board certified ophthalmologist and author of Macular Degeneration: The Complete Guide to Saving and Maximizing Your Sight states, “It turns out that the rods and cones of the macula need a certain amount of omega-3 to function.”

Anti-Inflammatory Benefits

Chronic inflammation contributes to the development of retinal diseases like macular degeneration. A diet rich in anti-inflammatory foods may contribute to better eye health. “Animal experiments and clinical intervention studies indicate that omega-3 fatty acids have anti-inflammatory properties and, therefore, might be useful in the management of inflammatory and autoimmune diseases.” Omega-3 fatty acids in inflammation and autoimmune diseases. J Am Coll Nutr. 2002 Dec;21(6):495-505.

Protective Benefits

Omega 3’s may help to prevent or delay the development of retinal diseases. “Over the last decade, several epidemiological studies based on food frequency questionnaires suggest that omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids could have a protective role in reducing the onset and progression of retinal diseases. The retina has a high concentration of omega-3, particularly DHA, which optimizes fluidity of photoreceptor membranes, retinal integrity, and visual function.” [www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Anti-angiogenic

Anti-angiogenic refers to the ability of a substance or food to inhibit new blood vessel growth (angiogenesis). The process of abnormal angiogenesis is what contributes to the development of wet macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy. “These findings indicate that increasing the sources of omega-3 PUFA or their bioactive products reduces pathological angiogenesis.” Retina and Omega 3 J Nutr Metab. 2011; 2011: 748361.

4:1 ratio or less of omega 6:3 for better health
Date: May 17, 2020 11:42PM

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

The importance of the ratio of omega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids.
Simopoulos AP1.

Abstract

Several sources of information suggest that human beings evolved on a diet with a ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 essential fatty acids (EFA) of approximately 1 whereas in Western diets the ratio is 15/1-16.7/1. Western diets are deficient in omega-3 fatty acids, and have excessive amounts of omega-6 fatty acids compared with the diet on which human beings evolved and their genetic patterns were established. Excessive amounts of omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) and a very high omega-6/omega-3 ratio, as is found in today's Western diets, promote the pathogenesis of many diseases, including cardiovascular disease, cancer, and inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, whereas increased levels of omega-3 PUFA (a low omega-6/omega-3 ratio) exert suppressive effects. In the secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease, a ratio of 4/1 was associated with a 70% decrease in total mortality. A ratio of 2.5/1 reduced rectal cell proliferation in patients with colorectal cancer, whereas a ratio of 4/1 with the same amount of omega-3 PUFA had no effect. The lower omega-6/omega-3 ratio in women with breast cancer was associated with decreased risk. A ratio of 2-3/1 suppressed inflammation in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, and a ratio of 5/1 had a beneficial effect on patients with asthma, whereas a ratio of 10/1 had adverse consequences. These studies indicate that the optimal ratio may vary with the disease under consideration. This is consistent with the fact that chronic diseases are multigenic and multifactorial. Therefore, it is quite possible that the therapeutic dose of omega-3 fatty acids will depend on the degree of severity of disease resulting from the genetic predisposition. A lower ratio of omega-6/omega-3 fatty acids is more desirable in reducing the risk of many of the chronic diseases of high prevalence in Western societies, as well as in the developing countries, that are being exported to the rest of the world.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: May 18, 2020 05:27AM

Fantastic Tai, thank you...

Date: May 19, 2020 07:41PM

NuNativs
Fantastic Tai, thank you...

Tai
Thanks. I'm going back to the drawing board. I was missing such a fundamental piece of the puzzle before.

Shelton vs Bernardo Lapallo...that's something I am going to meditate on for a while. Can KFCA debunk Bernardo's age of 114?

I am swamped with deadlines and work. Gotta go for a while. Peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2020 07:41PM by Tai.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: May 19, 2020 07:51PM

Does anyone here take ahiflower oil? It is a source of Omega 3 essential fats which are (they claim) more easily assimilated than flax, chia, etc.

The advantage of SDA relates to the efficiency of its conversion to EPA. When consumed in food, SDA converts directly to EPA, while ALA has to convert first to SDA, then to EPA. A liver enzyme (known as delta-6-desaturase) is required to convert ALA to SDA—and this becomes a rate-limiting step. Since providing SDA directly bypasses this step, it is metabolized more efficiently, resulting in higher levels of EPA in the body. A randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled human trial revealed that Ahiflower oil converted to EPA 3 to 4 times better than flaxseed oil.

[www.ahiflower.com]

When it comes to supplementing with omega 3, I am still kind of unsure of what to do.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables