Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Jon Venus No Longer Vegan...
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: June 11, 2020 06:03AM

I am no longer vegan | Life update

Notice how many on this board are SINGLE and are NOT having children.

As Stanley Bass has chronicled, long term veganism over GENERATIONS, is a DISASTER. Bravo Jon!

Single John Rose and 30+ year old virgin Raw Kristina are not role models but aberrations...

7 generations +...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jon Venus No Longer Vegan...
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: June 11, 2020 10:52AM

Date: June 11, 2020 11:03AM

Date: June 11, 2020 11:06AM

Date: June 11, 2020 11:08AM

Not sure what the argument is.

I don't know any cooked and/or meat eaters healthy over generations

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: June 11, 2020 03:11PM

I never knew about this brokpa tribe until recently. They have been vegan for many generations, according to PETA.

[www.peta.org]

[telanganatoday.com]

[sinchi-foundation.com]

I used to be so judgemental of non vegans, but the more I learn, the more I understand that not everyone can or should be the same. Not everyone can convert enough DHA from vegan omega 3, not everyone can convert beta carotene to vitamin A; some people are allergic to nuts and seeds, some people just have extreme food sensitivities to certain vegan staples. Some people have digestive problems and have a hard time consuming beans.

I stopped being vegan too. It all started with rescuing a beehive that was going to be wiped out at a car dealership. They were going to poison it and kill them. We took them to our backyard. It's no big deal for vegans to care for bees, but what happened next is something I couldn't expect. One day, the box was full of honey and the bee mentor told us that we had to remove some of the honey or else the bees would leave. I was in charge of getting the honey off and into jars. It was a mess and I ended up licking my fingers. I learned that sometimes when there is too much pollen, there will be too much honey for the bees and so the humans can ethically collect it and it's actually caring for the bees. That was the first time I realized that some vegan arguments are not true. I was always told that eating honey was stealing the bees' food. Then the next major time was when I met a bee keeper at the farmer's market who also rescues bees. So his bee products came from bees who would have been killed and he extended their lives. I ended up buying bee pollen from him, because I know it's ethical and he claimed that bee pollen helps anemia. And what I found is that there is special healing qualities to bee pollen, contrary to everything I heard about as a vegan. And then the next major change was when I met a dentist who repairs teeth naturally. I have to run now, I will tell the story later.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2020 03:55PM by Tai.

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: June 11, 2020 04:31PM

Although the only sweetener I use is the date syrup I make myself, there was a time when I was 100% Raw that I started eating honey. I made this delicious berry dish with a teaspoon of raw honey on it and ate it daily for I don't know how long. Until I started having problems. I couldn't even go upstairs without my heart pounding like crazy and I was out of breath and had to lay down on a bed to rest before I could do anything. I thought it was from being 100% Raw (those were the days before I started getting tests of my nutrient levels and I didn't take any B-12, Vit. D or eat hempseeds for Omegas), but in retrospect, I believe the honey was directly responsible by messing up my blood sugar level.

So my point is - I love honey and especially how it's such a natural healing rememdy for so many ailments, but I don't eat it because I think it definitely messes with my blood sugar levels. So just be careful if you eat much honey.

I like your stories!

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: June 11, 2020 08:48PM

@Tai.

Not everyone can convert enough DHA from vegan omega 3, not everyone can convert beta carotene to vitamin A;

I am wondering about the constantly-repeated above "facts". My understanding is that no one has any for-sure proof of this. Maybe they are correct and maybe not. I have heard that the people who can't convert these basic substances into a usable form are folks with metabolic problems, such as diabetes, serious thyroid problems, etc. Also, maybe aboriginals - who have no history of civilization and the hundreds of generations it took for these ethnicities to develop the ability to make these conversions - are in that group as well.

Everybody - eat what you want. It is about attitude toward animals. I'd rather be friends with a meateater who helps sick, abuse and homeless animals than a raw food vegan who thinks that his/her beauty and health are everything.

Just saying, that's all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables