Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Holidays/Travel - We're getting screwed
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: June 30, 2020 04:33PM

Independence Day - Trying hard to destroy that for everybody.

What have they ruined so far -

SPRING and SUMMER

Proms
Graduations
Easter
Birthday Parties
Visiting loved ones in hospital
Funerals
Sports Events
Restaurants
Going to Bars
All Educational Classes
And Much More ...

All Entertainment
All Events
All Celebrations
All Parties
All Births
All Deaths
All Holidays
All Gatherings
And Much More ...

In other words:

"They" have RUINED ALL EVERYTHING!

What just set me off is that I just ran across this Yahoo article (Yahoo triggers us - lol ) regarding TRAVEL because I want to go visit my three girls in three different states and my family where I grew up in a fourth state. This is the TRAVEL SEASON since Spring, and it is being RUINED!

Americans not welcome: E.U. bars U.S. travelers over coronavirus

[news.yahoo.com]

Most travelers from the United States will be barred from entering the European Union after it reopens its borders Wednesday because the coronavirus is still far too prevalent in the U.S., European officials announced Tuesday.

The E.U.'s 27 members have been drawing up a list of countries whose virus levels are deemed low enough to allow people from those places to travel into the bloc, which has been mostly sealed off since March.

That list of safe countries was officially announced in a statement from the Council of the European Union on Tuesday. The U.S. — which has the most coronavirus cases and deaths in the world — was not on it.

The countries that did make the list are: Algeria, Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, Serbia, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia and Uruguay. China will also be included on the list if it allows entry to E.U. travelers in return.

The list will be reviewed every two weeks and may be updated if the coronavirus situation in other countries improves or worsens, the E.U. statement said.

The move is a sign of how the U.S. is seen by Europe and elsewhere as a global coronavirus hotbed.

The E.U. and the U.S. experienced infection spikes in late March and early April. But while strict lockdown measures have seen those numbers decline across Europe, in the U.S. there have been recent flare-ups in states such as Florida and Texas while President Donald Trump has encouraged the economy to reopen.

More than 125,000 people in the U.S. have died from the coronavirus since the pandemic began, according to an NBC News tally.

Back in March, when Europe was the world's coronavirus center, Trump announced sweeping travel restrictions — without telling any of his E.U. counterparts first.

But the E.U. says its selective travel list was not about political grudges and instead is based on epidemiological criteria.

A European briefing last week noted that the U.S. had seen 107 cases per 100,000 people in the previous 14 days, whereas the average across the E.U. was 16 cases per 100,000 people.

The E.U. also looked at countries' records on testing, contact tracing, social distancing and the reliability of its national data, Tuesday's statement said.

For any country not on the list, the E.U. restrictions on nonessential travel imposed in March still apply.

These restrictions do not apply to E.U. citizens abroad, health workers, people involved in the freight and haulage industries, diplomats and military personnel, and "passengers traveling for imperative family reasons."

As well as the 27 member countries of the E.U., the travel restrictions also apply to Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland, which are not in the E.U. but are members of the Schengen Area — a group that allows travel without a passport.

The restrictions also apply to the tiny nations of Andorra, Monaco, San Marino and the Vatican.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2020 04:47PM by Jennifer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Holidays/Travel - We're getting screwed
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: June 30, 2020 05:11PM

why can't you travel within the US?

Date: June 30, 2020 05:47PM

That article annoyed me that people who do travel all over the world, like to Europe, can't even go.

I can travel within the US. It's just that it's difficult with the mask situation on the plane. And that to states like NY, NJ and Connecticut people have to quarantine if they're from certain states. I hope there aren't longer waiting in line at TSA and they don't want to take our temperature.

One of the states we want to go to is New York - and now Cuomo has added even more states that have to quarantine for 14 days. We only want to stay a week, so if he adds Virginia, we're screwed. Cuomo's on the top of my coronavirus hate list.

Cuomo, other tri-state governors add 8 states to list of mandatory quarantine, bringing total to 16

Travelers coming from these 16 states must quarantine

[www.foxnews.com]

People traveling to New York, New Jersey and Connecticut from eight additional states will have to quarantine for 14 days upon entering, bringing the total number of states on the governors' "travel advisory" list to 16, officials said Tuesday.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo, a Democrat, announced in a press release Tuesday morning that travelers coming from the following states must quarantine:

Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Florida
Georgia
Iowa
Idaho
Louisiana
Mississippi
North Carolina
Nevada
South Carolina
Tennessee
Texas
Utah

Earlier in the day, New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy and Connecticut Gov. Ned Lamont announced plans to adopt the same mandate in a bid to keep the number of novel coronavirus cases in their respective states under control.

Look at the map of states who have to quarantine to visit one of those three states! Who the 'heck' does Cuomo think he is! Dictator Cuomo.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2020 06:01PM by Jennifer.

Date: June 30, 2020 08:27PM

How do they enforce quar?

Date: June 30, 2020 11:31PM

I don't know. The most I ever thought of it was that the police could stop people with those states' license plates and question them. That's as far as I got.

I looked it up though and found this from the CDC -

Legal Authorities for Isolation and Quarantine

[www.cdc.gov]

Federal isolation and quarantine are authorized for these communicable diseases

Cholera
Diphtheria
Infectious tuberculosis
Plague
Smallpox
Yellow fever
Viral hemorrhagic fevers
Severe acute respiratory syndromes
Flu that can cause a pandemic

Federal isolation and quarantine are authorized by Executive Order of the President. The President can revise this list by Executive Order.

Isolation and Quarantine

Isolation and quarantine help protect the public by preventing exposure to people who have or may have a contagious disease.

* Isolation separates sick people with a quarantinable communicable disease from people who are not sick.

* Quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick.

In addition to serving as medical functions, isolation and quarantine also are “police power” functions, derived from the right of the state to take action affecting individuals for the benefit of society.

Federal Law

The federal government derives its authority for isolation and quarantine from the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution.

Under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to take measures to prevent the entry and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and between states.

The authority for carrying out these functions on a daily basis has been delegated to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

CDC’s Role

Under 42 Code of Federal Regulations parts 70 and 71, CDC is authorized to detain, medically examine, and release persons arriving into the United States and traveling between states who are suspected of carrying these communicable diseases.

As part of its federal authority, CDC routinely monitors persons arriving at U.S. land border crossings and passengers and crew arriving at U.S. ports of entry for signs or symptoms of communicable diseases.

When alerted about an ill passenger or crew member by the pilot of a plane or captain of a ship, CDC may detain passengers and crew as necessary to investigate whether the cause of the illness on board is a communicable disease.

State, Local, and Tribal Law

States have police power functions to protect the health, safety, and welfare of persons within their borders. To control the spread of disease within their borders, states have laws to enforce the use of isolation and quarantine.

These laws can vary from state to state and can be specific or broad. In some states, local health authorities implement state law. In most states, breaking a quarantine order is a criminal misdemeanor.

Tribes also have police power authority to take actions that promote the health, safety, and welfare of their own tribal members. Tribal health authorities may enforce their own isolation and quarantine laws within tribal lands, if such laws exist.

Who Is in Charge

The federal government

* Acts to prevent the entry of communicable diseases into the United States. Quarantine and isolation may be used at U.S. ports of entry.

* Is authorized to take measures to prevent the spread of communicable diseases between states.

* May accept state and local assistance in enforcing federal quarantine.

* May assist state and local authorities in preventing the spread of communicable diseases.

State, local, and tribal authorities

* Enforce isolation and quarantine within their borders.

It is possible for federal, state, local, and tribal health authorities to have and use all at the same time separate but coexisting legal quarantine power in certain events. In the event of a conflict, federal law is supreme.

Enforcement

If a quarantinable disease is suspected or identified, CDC may issue a federal isolation or quarantine order.

Public health authorities at the federal, state, local, and tribal levels may sometimes seek help from police or other law enforcement officers to enforce a public health order.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection and U.S. Coast Guard officers are authorized to help enforce federal quarantine orders.

Breaking a federal quarantine order is punishable by fines and imprisonment.

Federal law allows the conditional release of persons from quarantine if they comply with medical monitoring and surveillance.

In the rare event that a federal order is issued by CDC, those individuals will be provided with an order for quarantine or isolation. An example of a Quarantine Order for Novel Coronavirus (print-only) pdf icon[PDF – 5 pages]

[www.cdc.gov]

is provided. This document outlines the rationale of the federal order as well as information on where the individual will be located, quarantine requirements including the length of the order, CDC’s legal authority, and information outlining what the individual can expect while under federal order.

Federal Quarantine Rarely used

Large-scale isolation and quarantine was last enforced during the influenza (“Spanish Flu”) pandemic in 1918–1919. In recent history, only a few public health events have prompted federal isolation or quarantine orders.

Specific Laws and Regulations Applying to Quarantine and Isolation

Visit the Specific Laws and Regulations Governing the Control of Communicable Diseases page.

[www.cdc.gov]

Visit the Guidance for Importation of Human Remains into the United States for Interment or Subsequent Cremation page.

[www.cdc.gov]

Date: July 01, 2020 02:39AM

This article is also skeptical about how the actual enforcement would work -

New York, neighbors enact 14-day quarantine for some out-of-state visitors

[www.timesunion.com]

The guidance goes into effect at midnight on Thursday, Cuomo said, joking that people should jump on a flight quickly Wednesday if they want to avoid the new rules. Each state will advertise the regulations on highways, airports, websites and social media, and officials will also ask hotels to relay the information to guests.

Each state will enforce the order differently, but in New York, a person who violates the advisory could be subject to mandatory quarantine through a "judicial order" or fines of up to $10,000, Cuomo said. The states will each update their respective websites "regularly" with a list of states included in the advisory.

The order also applies to New Yorkers who go on vacation or head to a business conference in a state with a high infection rate – which newly minted state Senate Minority Leader Rob Ortt, R-Niagara County, called "draconian" in a Wednesday afternoon statement.

"New Yorkers and businesses have suffered enough, and the governor’s vindictive, hypocritical move against other states and on New Yorkers’ liberties does not help us move forward," Ortt said.

It's unclear how New York authorities will identify violators, but Cuomo suggested that hotel clerks could flag travelers breaking quarantine rules and police could pull over cars with out-of-state license plates. In a radio interview Wednesday afternoon, Cuomo said he doesn't expect a "massive non-compliance issue," and many people would report rule-breakers to authorities.

"It's not impossible to enforce. States all across the country have been doing this for months, New Yorkers who would go to their state," Cuomo said. "It is hard to get 100 percent enforcement. You can't track down everyone who comes from these states, but that's not what enforcement is either. You never enforce every law 100 percent."

But even as other states have issued similar directives in recent months, the legality of the order is unclear. A spokeswoman for the New York Civil Liberties Union said the group is "looking at the policy and watching closely, but we don't have comment at the moment."

“These things are essentially unenforceable," said Onondaga County District Attorney William J. Fitzpatrick. "It’s the United States of America – you don’t need a passport to go from Kansas to Nebraska."

He said violating a quarantine order is a misdemeanor under Public Health Law but also said police cannot legally pull someone over simply based on the license plate on their car.

Fitzpatrick also noted that there would be no way to track down or extradite someone who was issued a summons, adding: "I’ve got other stuff to worry about, like 12 shootings in the past 72 hours."

Any effort to stop vehicles based on their license plates could also greatly impact truckers involved in interstate transports.

Date: July 01, 2020 04:04AM

I have run out of suitable derogatory adjectives

Date: July 01, 2020 02:27PM

That's when you need to use strong language for emphasis. I almost never use swear words in real life and I don't want to hear them in person, it offends and shocks me, because the spoken word affects our senses more than the written word.

When I'm reading and writing about a current dire situation and various atrocities being inflicted on America and mankind, strong language is apropos - like the words heck and hell have different connotations; same as the words feces and sh*t carry different weights - and I'm not shocked or offended, and neither are those who are like-minded. It's only those readers who are in disagreement with the writer's point of view who are offended.

I'm offended every time I READ the WORDS "White Privilege" because I disagree with that fallacious social construct. Toxic narrative.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables