Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I FINALLY met my first COVID-19 Case
Posted by: KFCA ()
Date: July 19, 2020 09:47PM

Understand that I am long retired & don't belong to any organizations or church group, etc. so except for my immediate neighbors, meet few/new people. I guess I'm a happy sort of hermit.

Anyway, a lady(maybe 40) walking by admired my stone fruit trees in my front yard, I told her to pick a few nectarines, and we had a pleasant chat. She told me she was visiting from out of state. She also mentioned that she had recovered from a serious case of COVID-19 a couple of months ago, & that the experience was awful. She now looked quite healthy & said she was a runner. I was surprised when she told me that she is & was a strict vegan for the last 7 years. She said both she & her friends were surprised too. She did mention finding out if she had any useful antibodies she could donate.

I eventually waved her off, but told her to visit me next year, but in late June, when the apricot trees are in bloom.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I FINALLY met my first COVID-19 Case
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: July 19, 2020 09:54PM

..serious case of COVID-19

Yes people do love their fantasies.
you can't just say I had covid-19 there actually has to be a test based on a gold standard but I guess this is just too complicated for some people.

And the whole antibody thing is quite questionable as well

Date: July 19, 2020 11:20PM

Actually, the ONLY UNBELIEVABLE part of our conversation was when she said she was a 7-year vegan and I said I could easily be a vegetarian, but never a vegan, mostly because I love GREAT cheese too much, and then she claimed she could make me a vegan cheese that would change my mind. How silly can you get? But she was a Good Sport about it.

Date: July 20, 2020 01:26AM

someone walked by my house and looked sick
obviously they had swine flu.

the next day another person drove by in a car blowing their nose.
obviously they had ebola.

amazingly for the third day in a row, I diagnosed someone.
i saw a person in the store , clearly the HIV virus got him based on my knowledge

luckily bill gates lives nearby. he vaccinated all of them and they're all fine.
he vaccinated my 3 dogs too. 2 died but the third is doing well and is very happy now. perfect. melinda is happy too. smirks all day.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: July 20, 2020 02:55PM

Funny that a guy who's obsessed with not wearing a mask, can have 3 dogs who are generating piles of @#$%&, that are then wrapped in non-biodegradable plastic bags and sent off to a landfill.

Have you ever researched how toxic dog @#$%& is? It can pollute large bodies of water in small amounts. Why? Because dog food is made from the worst by-products of animal slaughter and other assorted goodies like euthanized pets.

Ya, but let's focus of masks, nice COVER UP!

“The rendering plant floor is piled high with ‘raw product’. Thousands of dead dogs and cats; heads and hooves from cattle, sheep, pigs and horses; whole skunks; rats and raccoons — all waiting to be processed.

“In the ninety degree heat, the piles of dead animals seem to have a life of their own as millions of maggots swarm over the carcasses.

“Two bandanna-masked men begin operating Bobcat mini-dozers, loading the ‘raw’ into a ten-foot deep stainless steel pit. They are undocumented workers from Mexico doing a dirty job.

“A giant auger at the bottom of the pit begins to turn. Popping bones and squeezing flesh are sounds from a nightmare you will never forget.

“Rendering is the process of cooking raw animal material to remove the moisture and fat. The rendering plant works like a giant kitchen.

“The cooker, or ‘chef’, blends the raw product in order to maintain a certain ratio between the carcasses of pets, livestock, poultry waste and supermarket rejects.

“Once the mass is cut into small pieces, it is transported to another auger for fine shredding. It is then cooked at 280 degrees for one hour.

“The continuous batch cooking process goes on non-stop, 24 hours a day, seven days a week as meat is melted away from bones in the hot “soup”.

“During this cooking process, the “soup” produces a fat of yellow grease or tallow that rises to the top and is skimmed off.

“The cooked meat and bone are sent to a hammer-mill press, which squeezes out the remaining moisture and pulverizes the product into a gritty powder.

“Shaker screens sift out excess hair and large bone chips. Once the batch is finished, all that is left is yellow grease, meat and bone meal.”

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: July 20, 2020 03:59PM

NuNativs

Funny that a guy who's obsessed with not wearing a mask, can have 3 dogs who are generating piles of @#$%&, that are then wrapped in non-biodegradable plastic bags and sent off to a landfill.

Have you ever researched how toxic dog @#$%& is? It can pollute large bodies of water in small amounts. Why? Because dog food is made from the worst by-products of animal slaughter and other assorted goodies like euthanized pets.

Typical of NuNativs (and one of the techniques of The Left) - treat Satire as Truth in order to attack someone.

I didn't explain it well, but it's probably in the list of various 'Fallacies' used by 'the other side', but it looks to me like that's what NuNativs did with this narrative of Fresh's -

"he vaccinated my 3 dogs too. 2 died but the third is doing well and is very happy now. perfect. melinda is happy too. smirks all day."

NuNativs rebranded Fresh's satire as truth and used it in the character assassination of Fresh.

Also Red Herring Logical Fallacy.

And for all he knows, Fresh could be using compostable dog po*p bags.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2020 04:19PM by Jennifer.

Date: July 20, 2020 04:06PM

I did it for ALL dog "owners"...

What's a Left? Is that something like artificial "private property" boundaries?

Date: July 20, 2020 04:34PM

Jennifer
NuNativs

Typical of NuNativs (and one of the techniques of The Left) - treat Satire as Truth in order to attack someone.

I didn't explain it well, but it's probably in the list of various 'Fallacies' used by 'the other side', but it looks to me like that's what NuNativs did with this narrative of Fresh's -

"he vaccinated my 3 dogs too. 2 died but the third is doing well and is very happy now. perfect. melinda is happy too. smirks all day."

NuNativs rebranded Fresh's satire as truth and used it in the character assassination of Fresh.

Also Red Herring Logical Fallacy.

And for all he knows, Fresh could be using compostable dog po*p bags.

I don't have dogs ..geez what a moron oldnativs is.

I am obsessed with breathing not with not wearing masks

Date: July 20, 2020 05:09PM

Figures.

Yes, just leave us alone! "My body, my choice."

Anti-mask protesters march around the #Indiana State House chanting “USA” & “We Will Not Comply.”

[twitter.com]

A few pics from today’s anti-mask rally at the Ohio Statehouse

[twitter.com]

Date: July 21, 2020 12:45AM

Redneck Idiots. Anyone who supports the blatant lies and hypocrisy of Trump needs to get a mental examination.I thought raw foods enlighten?

Date: July 21, 2020 02:15AM

NuNativs

Redneck Idiots. Anyone who supports the blatant lies and hypocrisy of Trump needs to get a mental examination.I thought raw foods enlighten?

You're guilty of Discrimination, yet you call others 'racist'...

Date: July 21, 2020 03:33AM

Jennifer
NuNativs

You're guilty of Discrimination, yet you call others 'racist'...

I find myself baffled at those who support Trump. I just spent 3 weeks at a campground in the Sierras and the majority of the patrons were Amerikan Flag bearing, quad riding, multiple dog "owning" Trump supporting peeps.

Interestingly, they wake up each day, eat a huge breakfast, then hop on their quads and ride around kicking up dust, belching out noise, and ripping up the roads, with MULTIPLE Amerikan flags and Trump stickers proudly displayed on their rigs and their quads. Several more huge meals follow till they pass out at night and everything quiets down.

I'm mountain biking all over the terrain farther than they can drive their noisy mechanical contraptions. Of course they are all overweight, practically crippled at a young age, and can't even exert themselves to save their LIVES.

I try and Love them, but they have a general numbness and SELFISHNESS that grates on me. When i see then throwing trash in the landscape WE ALL share, it gets tough...

"Father forgive them, for they know not what they do, and that especially includes Jennifer"...

Date: July 21, 2020 04:43PM

NuNativs

Come on - you would like a Redneck girl -

[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 21, 2020 05:32PM

Oh yes, one thing I forgot to mention from my conversation with the COVID-19 recovered lady in front of my house on Sunday (I guess I got carried away by the subject of "cheese"winking smiley, was that after she recovered (took about 6 weeks), she was reading up on the subject (of COVID, not cheese), & came across the idea (now just an "idea", mind you), that she was low on "zinc" in her system. Reluctantly, she started taking zinc pills (I guess vegans prefer only to eat "real foods" & taking supplements was cheating, but that's just my theory). She did look "good as gold" when I saw her, so maybe the idea worked.

As an aside, I just checked my husband's daily vitamin container (he's 92 as of last May), and it looks like "Zinc (as zinc oxide)" in his tablet gives him 73% of his required daily value. I didn't even know this.

Date: July 21, 2020 05:44PM

Still don't understand how diagnosis works eh?

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: July 21, 2020 06:21PM

Concerns for Zinc are based on current recommendations. Realize that the traditional concerns over a vegan diet are usually only for a few nutrients, which are Protein, Calcium, Iron and Zinc. Now, think about it, do you notice anything in common about these foods? One thing should stick out, Animal products are traditionally thought to be good sources of these nutrients. We know the beef industry has influenced the protein requirements and a vegan diet is more than sufficient. And now we know that excess protein, especially from animals can be harmful in many ways. We also know that the dairy industry has influenced the calcium recommendations and that a vegan diet and proper lifestyle can easily meet the calcium requirements. And now we know that taking in dairy products can be harmful in many ways.

And now we also know that a vegan diet can easily meet iron needs, and after all those years of being told you need to eat meat to get enough iron, as plants don’t contain a good "type" of iron, we now know that getting in too much iron in the form of iron that is in meat, can be highly toxic and leads to a condition called hemochromatosis. Well, the last one is zinc, and like the others, the recommended levels have been greatly influenced by these industries.

These "inflated" levels of protein, calcium, iron, zinc make animal based diets look good and vegan diets look bad, but now the truth is coming out and we are learning all about the hazards of the consumption of these animal products.

Jeff N
[www.vegsource.com]

Now lets take a closer look at Iron...

[www.yahoo.com]
Scientists may have uncovered the key to slowing down the ageing process
Marie Claire Dorking
July 16, 2020, 5:42 AM

Scientists have made a key discovery in terms of why people live longer, healthier lives. (Getty Images)
Scientists believe they may have uncovered the secret to slowing the ageing process, thanks to the discovery of a previously unknown piece of genetic code.
From trying to prevent wrinkles to attempting to keep our bodies healthy as we age, the search to put the brakes on how quickly we age is ongoing.
But researchers believe they have made a key discovery in the strive to live a longer, healthier life.
A team of scientists, from the University of Edinburgh and the Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing in Germany, have uncovered a link between high iron levels in the blood and the ageing process.
Using genetic data from more than one million people researchers attempted to discover why some people age at different rates.
The team pinpointed ten regions of the genome (the full collection of genes that make up an organism) linked to three measurements; the length of a life - lifespan, the number of years of life lived free of disease - healthspan, and being extremely long–lived - longevity.
The findings, published today in the journal Nature Communications, revealed that sets of genes related to iron were the most commonly found when looking at all three measures of ageing.

Could iron in the blood be linked to ageing? (Getty Images)
Having high amounts of iron in the blood was linked to age-related conditions like Parkinson’s and liver disease and made it harder for the body to fight infections.
Researchers therefore concluded that maintaining healthy levels of iron in the blood could be key to ageing better and living longer.
“We are very excited by these findings as they strongly suggest that high levels of iron in the blood reduces our healthy years of life and keeping these levels in check could prevent age-related damage,” explains Dr. Paul Timmers, of The University of Edinburgh.
“Through ageing, our bodies slowly decline over time and eventually develop fatal diseases, including heart disease, dementia, and cancers.
“But the process happens at different speeds for different people.”
Researchers also believe the results of their study may shed light on a link between certain diets and age-related illnesses.
“We speculate that our findings on iron metabolism might also start to explain why very high levels of iron-rich red meat in the diet has been linked to age-related conditions such as heart disease,” Dr Timmers continues.
Study authors now believe their research could help accelerate the development of drugs to reduce age-related diseases, extend healthy years of life and increase the chances of living to old age disease-free.
“Our ultimate aim is to discover how ageing is regulated and find ways to increase health during ageing," Dr Joris Deelen, from the Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing in Germany explains.
The ultimate hope is that their findings could lead to drugs that could mimic the effects of iron controlling genes and could be a step towards overcoming some of the effects of ageing.
But before you chuck out the anti-wrinkle cream in anticipation, the team noted that there's a lot more work to go before humans can have a chance at slowing down ageing.
“The ten regions of the genome we have discovered that are linked to lifespan, healthspan and longevity are all exciting candidates for further studies,” Dr Deelen added.

Science may well have uncovered the key to living a longer, healthier life. (Getty Images)
The study follows further research suggesting that Generation X are more likely to suffer more years of bad health than older baby boomers now in their 60s and early 70s.
And earlier this year scientists discovered that wealthy people can expect to live, on average, eight to nine more “healthy” years of life compared to those who are less well off.
The study, published in the Journal of Gerontology, examined how long adults can expect to live a disability-free life, rather than looking at simply life expectancy.
It was found that the biggest socioeconomic advantage in terms of disability-free life expectancy was wealth.
As well as wealth, researchers also believe being kind could help you live longer.
Dr Kelli Harding from Columbia University in New York believes showing compassion lowers our blood pressure, while giving our immune system a boost.
Additional reporting SWNS.

[www.yahoo.com]

Date: July 21, 2020 06:58PM

Sadly strict vegans have been shown to have a horrible track record as regards LIFEspan as documented well by Stanley Bass and the INHS. Theory does NOT equal REALITY. Longevity speaks TRUTH. A tree will not live 1000+ years unless the conditions are right. Clearly, there is something wrong with strict veganism...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables