Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Masks analysis by the CDC
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: July 20, 2020 04:47PM

Oh what was that you say we're supposed to wear masks???
Alert to citizens, governors, mayors, presidents, prime ministers, and public health officials---

You want science. You always state that. Well, here is your very own science.

The reference is: "Nonpharmaceutical Measures for Pandemic Influenza in Nonhealthcare Settings---Personal Protective and Environmental Measures." Published in: "Emerging Infectious Diseases, Vol.26, No. 5, May 2020." (That journal is published by the CDC.)

I quote from the abstract: "Here, we review the evidence base on the effectiveness of nonpharmaceutical personal protective measures and environmental hygiene measures in non-healthcare settings and discuss their potential inclusion in pandemic plans. Although mechanistic studies [*] support the potential effect of hand hygiene or face masks, evidence from 14 randomized controlled trials of these measures did not support a substantial effect on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza. We similarly found limited evidence on the effectiveness of improved hygiene and environmental cleaning."

Here are quotes from pages 970-972 of the review: "In our systematic review, we identified 10 RCTs [randomized controlled trials] that reported estimates of the effectiveness of face masks in reducing laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infections in the community from literature published during 1946-July 27, 2018. In pooled analysis, we found no significant reduction in influenza transmission with the use of face masks..."

"Disposable medical masks (also known as surgical masks) are loose-fitting devices that were designed to be worn by medical personnel to protect accidental contamination of patient wounds, and to protect the wearer against splashes or sprays of bodily fluids... There is limited evidence for their effectiveness in preventing influenza virus transmission either when worn by the infected person for source control or when worn by uninfected persons to reduce exposure. Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza."

"In this review, we did not find evidence to support a protective effect of personal protective measures or environmental measures in reducing influenza transmission."

"We did not find evidence that surgical-type face masks are effective in reducing laboratory-confirmed influenza transmission, either when worn by infected persons (source control) or by persons in the general community to reduce their susceptibility..."

[*] In case you want to quibble about the value of what the authors refer to as "mechanistic studies," the authors are correctly setting those studies off to the side, in favor of the material they preferred to examine: randomized controlled trials---which are widely considered to be more valuable, relevant, and meaningful.

So there you have it.

Your science.

Take off your masks. Governors and mayors and presidents and prime ministers, cancel the orders to wear masks. You're non-scientific. In the extreme

Jrapp

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Masks analysis by the CDC
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: July 21, 2020 12:49AM

Your buddy Trump has now officially endorsed them. Come on puppet, tow the party line...

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: July 21, 2020 02:04AM

I just feel like men who wear masks are not masculine. Like they're wussies, babies - "Mommy, mommy, am I going to get sick?" They can't stick up for themselves. Beta males. Afraid of 'germs'. Probably afraid to get dirty. Don't know how to do any jobs around the house, afraid of guns, they'd probably go into hiding if someone was breaking into their house.

Date: July 21, 2020 04:29AM

Jennifer
I just feel like men who wear masks are not masculine. Like they're wussies, babies - "Mommy, mommy, am I going to get sick?" They can't stick up for themselves. Beta males. Afraid of 'germs'. Probably afraid to get dirty. Don't know how to do any jobs around the house, afraid of guns, they'd probably go into hiding if someone was breaking into their house.

Sure hypo. You're so masculine you haven't been laid in like what forever? Guess what, I have endurance, and that translates to sexual performance. Those fat ass amerikans can't perform if you paid them.

You are the one always talking about dirty roads and stinky exhaust from RV's. You probably haven't left your 10 mile circle in 15-20 years. Dirty huh, I take my bath in WILD WATER only most of the year round when possible, @#$%& plumbing and weak/ENERGY water sources, you have no idea how great that feels MENTALLY and PHYSICALLY chained to your house/prison.

Funny when I go to a lake, "amerikans" only put their sick pets in the water while they watch. They pretend to move and experience through their kids and pets while they mostly look forward to their next meal...

YA, masculine.... (NOT!!!)

Date: July 21, 2020 03:19PM

lol - you love to throw in the sex talk.

You're wrong about a lot of how I live, but I don't want to correct you because it would sound like bragging.

I could never have dreamed that I would end up living in the Paradise where I live now, so don't even try to compare your life 'In Nature' to mine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2020 03:44PM by Jennifer.

Date: July 21, 2020 03:25PM

Yes I love the sex talk. It's noticeably absent in a health forum, and in my opinion is ESSENTIAL to be truly healthy.

I am happy for your situation, yet with a raw food diet and nature, I cannot fathom your mentality. What's with the dirty lake remark? Something is off...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2020 03:28PM by NuNativs.

Date: July 21, 2020 03:41PM

I guess bigger lakes are okay, but smaller lakes I've seen with the scum and standing water, just seem stale and unmoving to me. Whereas rivers, creeks, oceans are flowing, the water is recycled, not stagnant. Lake water seems nasty, not fresh to me.

Maybe I'm envisioning more a pond.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2020 04:29PM by Jennifer.

Date: July 21, 2020 04:47PM

NuNativs

Funny when I go to a lake, "amerikans" only put their sick pets in the water while they watch. They pretend to move and experience through their kids and pets while they mostly look forward to their next meal...

YA, masculine.... (NOT!!!)

Why do you write "amerikans"? Why the k? What does that mean? KKK?

I like to sit on a rock in the creek with my feet in the flowing water and feel the negative ions with "Let your love flow" in my head.

[www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables