Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

i keep getting sick on raw
Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: January 14, 2007 03:34PM

I keep getting sick on raw. My thyroid became inflammed for the first time when I went very raw and i have been ill on and off.It is not like detoxing, where i was just sleeping alot. I remain raw 'cos I also feel good on raw. Maybe I have to start eating a little cooked food, but even a small amount of cooked makes me feel tired and wierd. I guess I could be sensitive/allergic to some raw foods, or maybe it's some other reason. I also experience sleeplessness on raw, although I'm both alert,energised and tired simultaneously, although sometimes I sleep well also.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i keep getting sick on raw
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 14, 2007 03:41PM

People would make suggestion if they knew what your daily raw diet is and your level of activities!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2007 03:45PM by djatchi.

Date: January 14, 2007 03:44PM

thanks djatchi i will post that soon!

Posted by: Raw Step By Step ()
Date: January 14, 2007 06:39PM

Are you all raw? Are you taking any soy? There are some foods you need to avoid if you are having thyroid problems, namely soy, and some of the nightshade plants which tend to bother those with thyroid issues.

Date: January 15, 2007 09:37PM

ok so today i have had :

1)smoothie- hemp milk, apple,pear,parsley,fig
2)avocado,garlic,sprouts in nori
3)pudding-banana,fig,sprouts,vanilla
4)smoothie-banana,apple,celery,parsley
5)blended salad- carrot,celery,parsley,garlic
6)seeds,nuts
7)figs,banana

Today was not a completely typical day as I travelled to the seaside today, to stay for a few days!

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: January 15, 2007 09:58PM

I would try eating the smoothie without the hemp milk, and eating seeds and nuts separately. I would also try eating sans garlic.

Food combining seems to be successful for me, maybe it could be for you too? As DZM says, "Just my opinion".

Date: January 15, 2007 10:04PM

yes I do try to food combine, but it doesn't always happen! what is sans garlic?

Date: January 15, 2007 10:13PM

sorry.. it was french. sans means "without". My apologies.

Date: January 15, 2007 10:31PM

oh! i thought it was a variety. what is wrong with garlic?

Date: January 16, 2007 01:48AM

I have heard that it is a stimulant that is not good for you. Others will probably disagree. In my own experience, garlic has not been beneficial. You can try for yourself and see what happens - and either way please share your experience!
Regards,
Thomas

Date: January 16, 2007 09:12AM

i quite enjoy it's pungency. How many days sans would be a sufficient trial?

Date: January 16, 2007 05:18PM

hmmm... I don't know! hehe
I guess you could just pick an amount of time, and try it, if you like... say, one week, two weeks, three days?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 16, 2007 05:52PM

i don't know. i like garlic too. i think that as things progress you lose your taste for things that aren't right for You.
your sickness might be a symptom of detox which can include everything fro headaches, muscle aches, upset stomach and digestive tract, sweats, runny nose etc. support yourself, slow down your transition if need be, and do what feels good for your body. ignore the "shoulds" and listen to your own messages.

Date: January 16, 2007 06:48PM

i'll give it a whirl for a week when I can...

Posted by: Raw Step By Step ()
Date: January 16, 2007 10:29PM

Was going to offer the same suggestion about the garlic. Try avoiding it, or using some other fresh herbs instead, like cilantro, parsley, basil, etc.

When I get odd symptoms, I give them at least 3 days to change before worrying, because there could be some detox going on, just a bump in the road to better health.

Date: January 17, 2007 09:47AM

many thanks will try that then.

Date: January 17, 2007 11:12AM

does this mean i should not have onions, if i'm cutting out garlic?

Posted by: Rainbow ()
Date: January 17, 2007 08:15PM

Hi Rosemary,

You might not detox but tox.
Try elimiate all seeds, nuts, salt and stimulators from your diet.
eat more fruit, as simple as possible, do not combine too much.
eat no more than half avocado a day. See how it goes.

power and health to you

Date: January 17, 2007 08:48PM

thanking you

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: January 17, 2007 09:01PM

Hi Rosemary,

I know you said thyroid, and I don't know much about that. But do you also get sick to your stomach? If you do, you might try eating most of the same food, but try eating it without blending. I used to be able to blend anything, but nowadays, blended food (even home-grown organic) makes me nauseous and puts me down somewhat. Bananas blended with stuff makes a great pudding, but do you notice how it starts to turn brown on top almost right away?

I think experimenting with leaving out the garlic is a good idea. You might also try leaving out the hemp milk. I don't know if you buy a ready-made hemp milk or if you make the milk yourself from store-bought seeds, but I do know that the store-bought seeds are often rancid even though they're prepackaged, maybe because they've all been hulled. A living hemp seed is sproutable, and it has a crunch. Living hemp seed is not legal in the US. I wonder what process was used for rendering the seeds sterile. Any store-bought hemp milk probably also used sterile seeds.

Hope you're better soon, -Ally

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2007 09:13PM by suncloud.

Date: January 17, 2007 09:37PM

thanks ally. the hemp seeds are in their hull, and are sproutable, so i think they are as good as any other seed. i don't chew my food well, so i blend alot, but i eat it immediately. i am feeling ok now thankyou.

Date: January 17, 2007 09:37PM

thanks ally. the hemp seeds are in their hull, and are sproutable, so i think they are as good as any other seed. i don't chew my food well, so i blend alot, but i eat it immediately. i am feeling ok now thankyou.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables