Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Mask Update
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: September 03, 2020 05:50PM

Just what's been happening to me with the Mask thing -

I had gotten an exemption from my dentist, but then lost it after a couple weeks. Then VA cracked down on people not wearing a mask in public places - had to wear one unless you show your exemption which had to state something serious like heart problems, COPD, Emphysema, etc., which I don't have. Otherwise you have to pay a $2500 fine or jail time, so I started wearing the mask in stores.

So I went to my regular doctor yesterday and explained about my breathing problem and asked for an exemption. She said - "I'm not comfortable with that. I'll have to ask my supervisor." So she did and said, "She said no we can't do that. There are laws..." eye rolling smiley

So then my local Whole Foods bummed me out. There was a really long line outside - like 30 people - because they were limiting the capacity because of social distancing. But then when I got inside, it was the most empty I had ever seen it! So few people that when I was ready to check out, some of the lines were just plain empty with the cashier waiting for someone to go there. When I left the store, I was surprised there was still a line, so why were they limiting customers so severely. I called later and asked them and they said the store is 44,000 square feet and the capacity is limited to 95 people. So that's like 440 feet per person!

But the good thing was that my cashier had on a flimsiest cotton T-shirt material that she had fashioned into a mask. It looked like a third-grader made it. Just a square with two holes to put your ears through. Bad cutting job, too. And just hanging down with all kinds of slack at the bottom. And you could see through it. I asked her if they were letting her get away with it and she said nobody said anything to her about it. Although I bet if a customer complained, they'd crack down on her.

So I'm going to CA this month, so 5 hours on the plane with the stupid mask on. I made the flimsiest thing I could out of cotton gauze that I tie around my head, but still I can't breathe great and it's annoying angry smiley

Also, it's starting to gross me out when I see people talking with the mask on and the mask is moving and when it's flimsy material, it's even more nasty. I saw a guy chewing gum with one on, and that was ridiculous.

This mask thing is bizzare!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mask Update
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: September 03, 2020 06:29PM

had to wear one unless you show your exemption which had to state something serious like heart problems, COPD, Emphysema, etc., which I don't have

I don't see anything in the order that states you need to provide a document regarding an exemption

here it is. stand up . stand strong.

Executive Order 63

Exceptions
The requirement to wear a face covering does not apply to following:
1. While eating or drinking;
2. Individuals exercising or using exercise equipment;
3. Any person who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise
unable to remove the face covering without assistance;
4. Any person seeking to communicate with the hearing impaired and for which the mouth
needs to be visible;
5. When temporary removal of the face covering is necessary to secure government or
medical services; and
6. Persons with health conditions that prohibit wearing a face covering. Nothing in this
Order shall require the use of a face covering by any person for whom doing so would be
contrary to his or her health or safety because of a medical condition.
Any person who declines to wear a face covering because of a medical condition shall
not be required to produce or carry medical documentation verifying the stated condition nor
shall the person be required to identify the precise underlying medical condition.

carry the order if you need to

AND DON'T WEAR A MASK in virginia. although
airplanes may be hard to avoid.

[www.governor.virginia.gov]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2020 06:37PM by fresh.

Date: September 03, 2020 08:53PM

But my County has mandated the rules that I stated - that you have to show your exemption in a public place - which are more strident than Gov. Blackface Northam's mandate.

So does the County Supervisors' Mandate supercede the Virginia Governor's mandate or vice versa. I just asked a local Civil Rights lawyer person that I communicate with - on Twitter - and asked him.

Date: September 03, 2020 09:11PM

that's ridiculous.

what county? private message me if nec.
just curious

Date: September 03, 2020 09:29PM

1. The order is not legal in the first place since theres no emergency.

But anyway..
2. Virginia is a dillons rule state
the other type is Home rule state.

Dillon's Rule in Virginia
The legal principle is ultra vires which means “outside one’s powers”. In a nutshell, it states that local governments are limited to the powers expressly granted to them by their state.

The governor takes precedence.

executive order 63 is absolutely illegal
it was enacted in may
you CANNOT HAVE AN EMERGENCY FOR 4 MONTHS.

EVERYONE SHOULD CHALLENGE THIS NONSENSE.

-----------------------------------------
I was kind of denied service at the bank
i was getting quarters.
they demanded i wear a face choker
they claimed county ordinance.
I said read it! exemptions.
manager came over and said hurry up and leave
or you can use drive thru.
Now
waiting for response after I sent documentation of civil rights/discrimination
and ordinance exemptions by email.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2020 09:36PM by fresh.

Date: September 04, 2020 12:35AM

fresh
that's ridiculous.

what county? private message me if nec.
just curious

Your mailbox is full.

(I can't let it be known where I live because riverhousebill will sic the FBI on me ... )

Date: September 04, 2020 01:07AM

actually based on what i found above I don't think it matters what county
seems illegal to me

what do you think

i deleted my msgs.

Date: September 04, 2020 02:13AM

Yes, I would think so. But I'm too chicken to try defying it ...

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: September 04, 2020 04:20AM

Poor pathetic fresh & Jen, you're creating MORE STRESS which will impact your HEALTH far more than wearing a cloth for a half hour. I would call you IDIOTS, but that's the realm of JR & fresh. You just don't know any better and how to SURVIVE...

Let's hope considering the climate, that actual WAR doesn't break out, you'd be .fukd..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2020 04:22AM by NuNativs.

Date: September 04, 2020 10:29AM

Jennifer
Yes, I would think so. But I'm too chicken to try defying it ...

They are trying to give themselves Authority to violate dillons rule

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2020 10:51AM by fresh.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables