Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Why Latinos in California are being hit hard by Covid-19
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: September 04, 2020 05:11AM

"Overweight? Sure. But no virus? Nope. Doesn't matter that the Latinos are growing all the raw food staple crops in back-breaking and brutal conditions. As long as fresh and JR have money and can purchase food rather than acquire it through HARD LABOR". Besides that Hitler is a hero, and Latinos are colored immigrants. I'm white and privileged...

Every step for Jenny Ruelas is a challenge.

The 31-year-old has to pause to catch her breath, carries a can of oxygen with her wherever she goes, and walks with a cane -- all of this since she contracted Covid-19 in May.

Her doctors told her that one side of her heart is now larger than the other, she says, but her heart is also broken after losing her father to the virus. His girlfriend also died, leaving their five young children without parents.

"I have no balance in my body," Ruelas told CNN. "It's hard for me to breathe, I can't walk for too long without running out of breath. I have to constantly check my oxygen -- something I would never even think of before. It sometimes drops so low, I feel like I'm breathing through a straw. Now I even have trouble sleeping. That was never an issue before. I just can't do anything without help."

Ruelas' experience mirrors that of many other Latinos across the US, who have been disproportionately affected by coronavirus.

According to Johns Hopkins University, racial and ethnic information is only available for about 35% of all deaths in the United States, but even in that small percentage it is evident that Latinx Americans are unevenly impacted by the coronavirus in some regions. In fact, across the West, Latinos are bearing the brunt of the pandemic.

People who identify as Latinx are four times more likely to be hospitalized than White people, according to data released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Experts have said the Hispanic community has been disproportionately hurt by the coronavirus pandemic due to their jobs as essential workers and multigenerational living conditions.

In California, Latinos represent 60% of Covid cases and nearly 50% of deaths through August, according to the state's department of public health, despite the fact that Latinos make up less than 40% of California's population.

Los Angeles County, where Ruelas lives, has the highest number of cases and deaths. Again, the majority are Latinos.

Re: Why Latinos in California are being hit hard by Covid-19
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: September 04, 2020 06:10PM

NuNativs

"Overweight? Sure. But no virus? Nope. Doesn't matter that the Latinos are growing all the raw food staple crops in back-breaking and brutal conditions. As long as fresh and JR have money and can purchase food rather than acquire it through HARD LABOR". Besides that Hitler is a hero, and Latinos are colored immigrants. I'm white and privileged...

No, you're a Self-Hating White Person.

Bill Maher Has a Solution to End White Liberals’ Self-Loathing: ‘Let’s Tax Whiteness’ (Video)

[www.thewrap.com]

Date: September 04, 2020 06:19PM

Jennifer
No, you're a Self-Hating White Person.

I don't believe in harboring HATE, it's a poisonous emotion...

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: September 05, 2020 02:44AM

Ah, that old 'Hate' canard. You guys (The Libs) jump on the word "hate" and throw it back in someone's face. It used to be "Hater" "Haters", but thank god that got overused and discarded eye rolling smiley

Do you have any new material ...

Date: September 05, 2020 03:54AM

Jennifer
You guys (The Libs) jump on the word "hate" and throw it back in someone's face.

I'm so beyond what you define as a "Lib" it's laughable. I know it's easier to compartmentalize people so you can feel good about your OWN BARRIERS and deficiencies though...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables