Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

THE TERRAIN IS EVERYTHING
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: October 24, 2020 01:32AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: THE TERRAIN IS EVERYTHING
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: October 27, 2020 08:54PM

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: October 29, 2020 07:16PM

@John Rose.

This fellow Barricade Garage is right talented, isn't he. I've watched a bunch of his videos and sometimes he plays 3 or even 4 roles by himself. My fave, or close to it:

Bill Gates!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: October 29, 2020 07:52PM

Horsea
@John Rose.

This fellow Barricade Garage is right talented, isn't he. I've watched a bunch of his videos and sometimes he plays 3 or even 4 roles by himself. My fave, or close to it:

Bill Gates!

[www.youtube.com]

Thanks, that's by far his best work - absolutely BRILLIANT!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2020 07:53PM by John Rose.

Date: October 29, 2020 08:01PM

Er...there's one even better. I fell off the chair laughting the first time I watched this.

If you ever watch Dr. Deborah Birx, you will appreciate it more. She does love her scarves.

But first, a weather report from our top meteorologist, Pedro...

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: October 30, 2020 01:48AM

He's good, but nobody compares to JP -

When You Don’t Know Who To Vote For

[www.youtube.com]

The best line:

"Giving up your freedoms to get Trump out of office is like cutting off your balls so you don't have to wash them anymore." grinning smiley

Date: November 06, 2020 06:13AM

@Jennifer. Thanks for that video. However, we then get introduced to a rehydrating drink powder, too! Me - I'd never take an electrolyte drink that has absolutely no sugar. You need some carbs in the mix; minerals alone won't cut it, I don't care what the keto-paleo bunch say. Their diet isn't healthy and I see why they would need that drink (with added magnesium) - to take them out of their fog.

I welcome your opinion on this.

JMO.

Date: November 06, 2020 08:10PM

Horsea
@Jennifer. Thanks for that video. However, we then get introduced to a rehydrating drink powder, too! Me - I'd never take an electrolyte drink that has absolutely no sugar. You need some carbs in the mix; minerals alone won't cut it, I don't care what the keto-paleo bunch say. Their diet isn't healthy and I see why they would need that drink (with added magnesium) - to take them out of their fog.

I welcome your opinion on this.

JMO.

Hi Horsea!

Yes, he does have an ad at the end of his videos, but I figure that's how he makes his living, off his YouTube videos, and I really enjoy them, so it's okay with me. Of course, people don't have to continue watching the ad at the end of the video, but a lot of times I watch it anyway because he's still amusing in the ads to me.

I'm not so knowledgeable about nutrition like you seem to be from your various posts overs the years. But when you say that we need carbs with minerals, that makes sense. Could those carbs be fruits because I'm on a grain free raw diet right now.

Also, I had a horrible experience with taking a Mineral Supplement. Well, years ago, I was taking various angstrom minerals and that was okay until I took one that I was allergic to, and I got horrible hives for three days. I was taking a few different ones at the same time, so I didn't know which one it was and stopped them all. But then years later, I decided to take a multivitamin for a while and got the hives really bad for three days again. So awful. After again years later, it happened again, I think I've narrowed it down to being allergic to copper.

But then last year I screwed myself up so badly with a Mineral. I had heard or read many times that some people have a magnesium or selenium or zinc deficiency. So on a whim and a discount code - haha - I got the Zinc in water supplement. I screwed up because I took it on an empty stomach, the first thing I ate in the morning, before my water even. A few days later when I started getting stomach pain and "gastrointestinal problems," I thought it was something that I was having in my smoothie so I experimented and saw that the coconut I was having was pink, so I figured I got food poisoning from the coconut and continued with the zinc. For five weeks! I just keep getting pains and gastrointestinal problems every day, but I figured it was because food poisoning takes a while to get out of your system.

Horrible! Finally, after five weeks, I walked by the cabinet where my zinc was sitting and saw it out of the corner of my eye and it struck me - it's the Zinc!

Then I looked up the side effects of Zinc and it said don't take zinc on an empty stomach and that it can damage your stomach and gastrointestinal system eye popping smiley

So now more than a year later, it's a lot better, but not back to where I used to be. I figure it'll be another year to get back again. It was so horrible I can't tell you. Like I think comparable to Matt Monarch's health issue. I lost a lot of weight, got down to 82. But now I'm back to almost where I was previously and I've finally gone 100% Raw because of this Corona Crap, and holding my weight which has always been a struggle for me on raw. I do have raw goat milk also or else I would lose weight unless I ate cooked starches.

So I have a question for you. I don't eat grains now or legumes, etc. no cooked starchy veg either. Do you think I/we who are raw need to eat some type of grains or cooked seeds, like quinoa or amaranth, because of B vitamins? I'm only taking B-12 and D at the moment. Do you take any vitamins?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2020 08:34PM by Jennifer.

Date: November 18, 2020 01:15AM

Jennifer
He's good, but nobody compares to JP -

When You Don’t Know Who To Vote For

[www.youtube.com]

The best line:

"Giving up your freedoms to get Trump out of office is like cutting off your balls so you don't have to wash them anymore." grinning smiley

I just checked to see if JP has any good videos ...

What Spiritual People Are Like This Election

[www.youtube.com]

Also this one -

Biden Won! Here’s What You Need To Know

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2020 01:32AM by Jennifer.

Date: December 03, 2022 09:47AM

2 years later, I am replying to your comment! I am sorry.

That is one helluva story of woe regarding your supplementing with Zinc. I sure hope you are back to normal. As to your questions, I don't want to give out too much advice except for obvious ones such as the ingestion of electrolytes. Everyone is different in what they can tolerate.

So I have a question for you. I don't eat grains now or legumes, etc. no cooked starchy veg either. Do you think I/we who are raw need to eat some type of grains or cooked seeds, like quinoa or amaranth, because of B vitamins? I'm only taking B-12 and D at the moment. Do you take any vitamins?

It sure doesn't hurt to try cooked quinoa or amaranth for a few days to see if you have any reaction or not. For my part, I can't do 100% raw, I just can't. I have a craving for some cooked carbs that I'd kill for, i.e., root vegetables, rice cakes, etc. I love the two grain-like foods quinoa and amaranth. And a piece of good bread is wonderful.

You mentioned copper. That is an interesting topic. There seems to be quite a bit of info on people ingesting plenty of copper, but it's not getting to where it's needed; our bodies are supposed to detox all excess copper so that it doesn't behave like a poison (just as it is supposed to detox excess hormones). But how many of us have a liver/gallbladder system which is 100% efficient? Maybe some professional advice would be helpful. There really is no one way to be totally healthy. We may not have symptoms at first when we are doing something wrong, but depend on it: they will eventually show up and we can have a hard time tracking down the root of our physical misery. I overworked for decades (yes, decades) on our large property (work I enjoyed, mind you) and then was "blessed" with an awful one-day blast of vertigo and monumental puking. It took some time to recover.

I take vitamins sporadically, esp. Vitamin D and Vitamin K-2. Also B12 from time to time, but I have heard - and I don't know if this is true or not - that you can end up with an overdose of cobalt from B12 if you take too much. Really, except for Vitamin D, I don't feel completely comfy taking vitamin pills. I feel better from carrot juice.

Best of health to you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2022 09:49AM by Horsea.

Date: December 31, 2022 01:05AM

Hi Horsea, thanks for inquiring on how I'm doing these days!

My gastrointestinal system isn't 100% now, but like 90, and I can live with it, like travel and visiting people, etc.

I never had a thought that with supplements you can mess yourself up, except I always felt that they could throw you off balance. I never really took supplements except for short periods of time. Like when I was all raw once, my Vitamin B-12 was very low, so I took a chewable vitamin B-12 - only like a half of one a day - and in a few months when I was tested again it was crazy high - like 1200.

Now I'm wary of what substances I take. Right now, I just bought some mimosa pudica because I want to do a parasite cleanse. But I did read on a Home Remedy website that someone had bad side effects from it, so even that I hope doesn't screw me up.

I hope you're doing well, also. smiling smiley

Date: December 31, 2022 06:17PM

Nice to hear back from you. I thought you'd be mightily p'd off for my late response to you.

Re parasites. I can't prove what I am saying here, but I suspect that 99.9% of the population has them - I mean in a pathological quantity, not a small amount, which does no harm.

The primary characteristic of parasites is their ability (and need) to remain hidden. Also, just about everyone thinks that the guts are the only place they hide out. Not so.

I discharged parasites twice, the first time spontaneously after I went on a mostly vegan diet decades ago. It took a couple of years, though, to scare them out of my body. The second time was after I had done several liver/gallbladder flushes. Yuk is all I can say. These were the red kind. Others have reported on this as well.

If you think you might have side effects from the mimosa, maybe you need to do further reading and investigation. Paul Pitchford's book Healing with Whole Foods (3rd ed.) has a large section at the back on deworming yourself, if you can plow thru it. It may be challenging to figure out which herbs are right for you and which are not. If I thought I had a large infestation, I'd try and find some well known drug (yes, drug).

Taking supps can get complicated but they've been helpful for some people, such as B-3 (niacin) for those with mental afflictions.

May you have good health and fulfillment of your dreams in 2023.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: November 08, 2023 10:44AM

Horsea

If you think you might have side effects from the mimosa, maybe you need to do further reading and investigation. Paul Pitchford's book Healing with Whole Foods (3rd ed.) has a large section at the back on deworming yourself, if you can plow thru it. It may be challenging to figure out which herbs are right for you and which are not. If I thought I had a large infestation, I'd try and find some well known drug (yes, drug).

Taking supps can get complicated but they've been helpful for some people, such as B-3 (niacin) for those with mental afflictions.

May you have good health and fulfillment of your dreams in 2023.

How do animals deal with intestinal worms in the wild?

Maybe it is a way of life.

There is no easy way of knowing whether we have worms or not

No easy way to get rid of them

Somebody wrote

Most wild animals just carry a substantial number of intestinal parasites (and other parasites). The populations simply aren't high enough to actually kill the hosts outright typically. In fact, some people think that the lack of parasitic intestinal worms in humans may contribute somewhat to several autoimmune disorders.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2023 10:48AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: November 10, 2023 02:55PM

There is no easy way of knowing whether we have worms or not

No easy way to get rid of them

Much has been written on parasite infestation from a medical viewpoint. But then there's the ages-old folklore viewpoint. We have to investigate and think hard, and then put it all together. How did our own ancestors of the past know to deworm their children once a year?

I never suspected I had worms (this was the first time round). But when I think back on the diet I followed prior to the approx 2 years of a really pure-type vegan health foody diet, I have no right to be surprised. It was fried food, red meat aplenty (baloney a fave), junk food, hard liquor, sweets galore (in huge amts); and so on. What a stupid life I lived...

In fact, some people think that the lack of parasitic intestinal worms in humans may contribute somewhat to several autoimmune disorders.

Yes, I have heard that a few parasites in your body can be good for you. But medical people are fixated on their own stupid schtick of "autoimmune" disease. They are clueless. "The body attacks itself!" Oh spare me! No sense of the larger picture here.

I read what Annemarie Colbin had to say in her book about socalled autoimmune illnesses and it made sense to me. "Food and Healing".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2023 02:56PM by Horsea.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: November 16, 2023 04:40AM

Good point Horsea

I got Paul Pitchford's book Healing with Whole Foods

[www.youtube.com]

Date: November 21, 2023 06:58AM

Thanx for the link to that video. There is much discussion in the comments under the video of the interview about the fact that Pitchford doesn't look so hot health-wise. However, that would depend on how old he is at that time. If he is 80, then he looks OK. Some people really are healthy but when they get old, they look wan, weak and too thin, but I would not be too quick to judge. We see so many incredibly flabby, red faced people in this country, and elsewhere, too. Just because they can get up in the morning, slurp down a few cups of coffee, and lurch to their workplace, they think they are "healthy". Not to mention their total tooth implants.

Pitchford's book is a good reference book, maybe, for those persons already having some knowledge of eastern and south Asian (Ayurvedic) medicine & dietetics and overall approaches to health, but for beginners in the search for health thru "natural" means, I am not so sure; they might become discouraged. But here and there in the book there is much wisdom and useful techniques for this or that illness or condition.

Another good book is the one by Annemarie Colbin, Food and Healing, which I mentioned. While not perfect, it is pretty close.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables