Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Europe is out of Control
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: October 30, 2020 02:56PM

So the UK - Country of Chemical and Knife Killings thanks to 'Gun Control' - has Lockdown again, Germany Lockdown again, France - Country of Beheaders thanks to Open Borders - has Lockdown again.

Europe and US facing new round of shutdowns amid virus surge

[apnews.com]

A new wave of lockdowns and business closings swept across France, Germany and other places in Europe on Wednesday as surging coronavirus infections there and in the U.S. wipe out months of progress against the scourge on two continents.

French President Emmanuel Macron declared a new nationwide lockdown starting Friday, saying the country has been “overpowered by a second wave.” Many doctors had urged the move, given that 58% of the nation’s intensive care units are now taken up by COVID-19 patients.

In Germany, Chancellor Angela Merkel announced a four-week shutdown of bars, restaurants and theaters. “We must act, and now, to avoid an acute national health emergency,” she said.

Countries such as Switzerland, Italy, Bulgaria and Greece have closed or otherwise clamped down again on nightspots and imposed other restrictions such as curfews and mandatory mask-wearing. Madrid and other parts of Spain banned all but essential travel in and out of their regions.

“We are deep in the second wave,” European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said. “I think that this year’s Christmas will be a different Christmas.”

In the U.S., where practically every state is seeing a rise in cases, Democratic Gov. Tony Evers of hard-hit Wisconsin has been reduced to pleading with people to stay home, after an order he issued in the spring was overturned by the courts. Illinois’ governor banned indoor dining and drinking in Chicago this week. Other states are likewise considering reimposing restrictions.

The European Commission’s von der Leyen said Europe is being confronted with “two enemies.”

“We’re dealing with the coronavirus — the virus itself — and also corona fatigue,” she said. “That is, people are becoming more and more fed up with the preventive measures.”

In Italy, where the Lombardy and Campania regions are hardest hit, officials have accused right-wing extremists, soccer hooligans and anarchists of using widespread discontent over new anti-virus restrictions on restaurants, gyms, pools and theaters as a pretext to wage “urban guerrilla” violence during recent protests.

Talk of new lockdowns also prompted unrest in Germany, where thousands staged a protest at Berlin’s Brandenburg Gate to demand more financial support from the government.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2020 03:02PM by Jennifer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Europe is out of Control
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: October 30, 2020 03:07PM

Ya more gunz is the answer to VIOLENCE in the streets like Chicago. Arm everyone to the teeth!

Date: October 30, 2020 03:27PM

Those who are committing the Violence/Murders in Chicago are the CRIMINALS/GANGS/KILLERS/DIRTBAG/SCUMBAGS who are in Possession of ILLEGAL GUNS. I'm talking LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS Owning Guns to Protect Themselves and Their Families and Homes from the Dirtbag/Scumbag CRIMINALS with Illegal Guns!

Duh! You and The Libs Know This Fact, but you continually choose to ignore it to Perpetuate The Narrative.

Guns Don't Kill - PEOPLE (aka known as Criminals/Dirtbags/Scumbags/Evil People) Kill.

Date: October 30, 2020 03:46PM

Time to melt them all down and get Permaculture Planting the Paradise. Of course, "Where there is no VISION the people perish", of which you are the best spokesperson...

"He shall judge between the nations, and shall arbitrate for many peoples; they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."

Date: October 30, 2020 04:15PM

NuNativs

Time to melt them all down and get Permaculture Planting the Paradise. Of course, "Where there is no VISION the people perish", of which you are the best spokesperson...

"He shall judge between the nations, and shall arbitrate for many peoples; they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."

This:

Time to melt them all down and get Permaculture Planting the Paradise

And This:

nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."

Is not going to happen.

Because:

Again - EVIL PEOPLE/PSYCHOPATHS/KILLERS/RAPISTS/ETC. (aka Dirtbags/Scumbags)

And - POWER HUNGRY Control Freak Would-Be Tyrants and Dictators. (aka The Left)

Also known as - LIFE in this Physical World.

Date: October 30, 2020 06:17PM

Jennifer

Again - EVIL PEOPLE/PSYCHOPATHS/KILLERS/RAPISTS/ETC. (aka Dirtbags/Scumbags)

And - POWER HUNGRY Control Freak Would-Be Tyrants and Dictators. (aka The Left)

Also known as - LIFE in this Physical World.

LIFE in this physical world is the way it is because of the mechanics of "civilization". Get people back into the LIFESTREAMS and the LANDSCAPE and quality foodstuff where their cells become happy then their minds become happy. Places like Hunza had ZERO crime not too long ago, i.e., create the conditions and LIFEstyle of HAPPINESS.

People aren't inherently EVIL, it's sins of the father if anything, plus an EVIL environment that surrounds and consumes them,

Black VS White
Red VS Blue
Looking for an ENEMY as a target to distract you from the collective ANGST.

"Polarized thinking is an extreme simplification of reality. Things are either black or white, good or bad. We don’t see the nuances that exist between one extreme and another. People with this type of distortion feel comfortable placing reality between two extremes."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2020 06:32PM by NuNativs.

Date: October 30, 2020 06:46PM

Yes, people ARE born Evil - Inherently Evil. Heredity, Genes, Gene Mutations. Just a matter of degrees. Also Psychopaths are born that way.

What we Ingest, Touch and Smell also affects our Brain and Behavior to a certain degree.

Date: October 30, 2020 09:07PM

Jennifer
Yes, people ARE born Evil - Inherently Evil. Heredity, Genes, Gene Mutations. Just a matter of degrees. Also Psychopaths are born that way.

What we Ingest, Touch and Smell also affects our Brain and Behavior to a certain degree.

BS. That is EASILY mitigated by what I advocate. If you're addicted to having an enemy to blame so you can take the posture of F.E.A.R. then maybe you're right...

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: October 30, 2020 11:34PM

I am confused

So these things are evil?

Date: October 30, 2020 11:44PM

Nope a blank slate, and in it's natural state, one of peace/Love. But the conditions surrounding it as it develops are what WARP it into something EVIL...

Date: October 30, 2020 11:54PM

That's precious, but yes, I think we're born with our character/personality to a certain extent. It's 'in the blood'. If you ever watched babies growing older, you can see how - like one child in a family of children who are raised the exact same way, but he's 'mean'. Like at two years old, hitting, biting, pinching his siblings. At three years old pushing his one-year old little brother off the couch ON PURPOSE. Looking you in the eye when you say 'don't go in the road' and then running into the road ON PURPOSE. I watched my three girls (who none of them were 'mean') and their little relatives and their little friends and schoolmates growing up from babies. You can see it in their eyes before they do something 'bad' to another children. You hear about children that kill insects or animals on purpose because they like to. Children who have a wonderful home life, but end up being Nasty to others or worse. Always angry, always aggressive, abusive to their wives and children, and most had a wonderful childhood.

Criminals/Killers/Psychopaths are born, not made.

Date: October 31, 2020 12:10AM

NuNativs

Nope a blank slate, and in it's natural state, one of peace/Love. But the conditions surrounding it as it develops are what WARP it into something EVIL...

Nope, I wish there were some statistics out there, but I think that if you take a bunch of people who grew up dirt poor, and/or hungry, and/or abused, most will turn out to be regular decent people - Not Criminals/Killers/Psychopaths/Rapists.

And even those who grew up in 'bad neighborhoods' had ACCESS TO EDUCATION and WENT TO SCHOOL. They didn't have to NOT STUDY AND DO THEIR HOMEWORK, they didn't have to DROP OUT OF SCHOOL, they didn't have DO DRUGS/BECOME A DRUG DEALER - It was a choice. After school, they could have GOTTEN A LOAN and GONE TO COLLEGE. It was a choice not to. When they GOT A WOMAN PREGNANT, they could have TAKEN RESPONSIBILITY and MARRIED HER so to be a father to the CHILD. It's a choice.

Dirtbags are born, not made.

Now, all kids are Rich, but in my day, where I grew up, everybody was poor and some were abused. After going to high school, most of them TOOK RESPONSIBILITY and MADE GOOD CHOICES and became a regular decent human being. Some percentage - who knows, 5% maybe - didn't get a job, screwed around, did drugs, 'got in trouble', abused their families if they had any, and became A DIRTBAG.

Date: October 31, 2020 12:14AM

That "dirtbag" doesn't just appear, it's a product of the sins of the fathers (and mothers)...

"The Peacemaker taught us about the Seven Generations. He said, when you sit in council for the welfare of the people, you must not think of yourself or of your family, not even of your generation. He said, make your decisions on behalf of the seven generations coming, so that they may enjoy what you have today."

Date: October 31, 2020 12:15AM

Its just the way they are raised imo.

Continuum concept by liedloff described the parenting leading to good natural peaceful outcomes

Westerners are way off base partly due to environment and then miseducation and wrong ideas

So what you see as evil is merely conditions unknown to you easily explained if you were to see how the child raised

Things like sleeping in same bed, carrying, not treating child as center of attention , not responding to negative reactions thereby not reinforcing them etc , inspiring confidence, allowing exploration, not telling them no all the time as many do. Etc etc

They only rebel and rightfully so when we act against our Continuum and we act unnaturally and try to mold and control

A.s. neill was another one discovered how to turn Little devils into angels he ran a school in England same concepts

And I'm talking in modern society of course our separation from nature is the primary cause other than the negative aspects of between tribe strife

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2020 12:27AM by fresh.

Date: October 31, 2020 12:41AM

Hmmm...

If that were the case, then all the children in each family would end up the same - like the children in the family that were raised 'properly' would end up being regular people. And all the children in a family raised badly, like 'abused' even, they would all - all the children in the family - end up being dirtbags/shitty/abusive people. And that's not the way it is. When you have a whole family raised exactly the same way, either none or maybe one child ends up being an Evil person.

I'm talking not about little devils, but about Evil - people who are Criminals/Killers/Abusers/Rapists/Psychopaths. I think if you took all those who didn't have a 'good' upbringing, most all would end up being regular people. Only a small percentage would end up being an Evil Person (Criminals/Killers/Rapists/Psychopaths).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2020 12:43AM by Jennifer.

Date: October 31, 2020 01:47AM

I don't really want to go back and forth on this but you're making an unwarranted assumption here. IMO

....When you have a whole family raised exactly the same way, either none or maybe one child ends up being an Evil person.....

Children are never/rarely raised exactly the same way and birth order has an effect as well regarding rivalries that if not handled properly will have bad results

Date: October 31, 2020 12:26PM

I think this study supports the
"nurture has primacy over nature position"

In a study of 227 identical twin pairs lead by Penn psychologist Rebecca Waller, the research team analyzed small differences in the parenting that each twin experienced to determine whether these differences predicted the likelihood of antisocial behaviors emerging. They learned that the twin who experienced stricter or harsher treatment and less emotional warmth from parents had a greater chance of showing aggression and CU traits.

"Some of the early work on callous-unemotional traits focused on their biological bases, like genetics and the brain, making the argument that these traits develop regardless of what is happening in a child's environment, that parenting doesn't matter," says Waller, an assistant professor in Penn's Department of Psychology. "We felt there must be something we could change in the environment that might prevent a susceptible child from going down the pathway to more severe antisocial behavior."

The work is the latest in a series of studies from Waller and colleagues using observation to assess a variety of aspects of parenting. The initial research, which considered a biological parent and child, confirmed that parental warmth plays a significant role in whether CU traits materialize.

A subsequent adoption study, of parents and children who were not biologically related, turned up consistent results. "We couldn't blame that on genetics because these children don't share genes with their parents," Waller says. "But it still didn't rule out the possibility that something about the child's genetic characteristics was evoking certain reactions from the adoptive parent." In other words, a parent who is warm and positive may have a hard time maintaining those behaviors if the child never reciprocates.

Knowing this led Waller and University of Michigan psychologist Luke Hyde to team with S. Alexandra Burt, co-director of the Michigan State University Twin Registry. Using 6- to 11-year-old participants from a large, ongoing study of twins that Burt directs, the team turned its attention to identical twins.

For 454 children (227 sets of identical twins), parents completed a 50-item questionnaire about the home environment. They also established their harshness and warmth levels by rating 24 statements such as "I often lose my temper with my child" and "My child knows I love him/her." The researchers assessed child behavior by asking the mother to report on 35 traits related to aggression and CU traits.

"The study convincingly shows that parenting -- and not just genes -- contributes to the development of risky callous-unemotional traits," says Hyde, an associate professor in Michigan's Department of Psychology. "Because identical twins have the same DNA, we can be more sure that the differences in parenting the twins received affects the development of these traits."

According to Waller, a potential next step is to turn these findings into useable interventions for families trying to prevent a child from developing such traits or to improve troubling behaviors that have already begun.

"From a real-world standpoint, creating interventions that work practically and are actually able to change behaviors in different types of families is complicated," Waller says. "But these results show that small differences in how parents care for their children matters. Our focus now is on adapting already-successful parenting programs to include specific interventions focused on callous-unemotional traits as well."

Though an intervention with parents could succeed, Hyde and colleagues stress that the work isn't blaming parents for their child's CU or aggressive behaviors. "Our previous work with adopted children also showed that genes do matter, and so there is a back and forth," he says. "Some children may be more difficult to parent. The most important message is that treatments that work with parents likely can help, even for the most at-risk children."

The researchers acknowledge some limitations to the study, for example that it skews heavily toward two-parent families, meaning the findings may not be as generalizable to single-parent homes. It also assesses parenting measures and twin behaviors based solely on parenting reports.

Yet despite these drawbacks, the researchers say the work broadens the understanding of how different forms of antisocial behavior, like aggression and callous-unemotional traits, emerge. "This provides strong evidence that parenting is also important in the development of callous-unemotional traits," Hyde says. "The good news is we know that treatments can help parents who may need extra support with children struggling with these dangerous behaviors."

Date: October 31, 2020 05:38PM

lol - I thought we were done here grinning smiley

Yes, I agree that how children are raised by their parents affects their personality and behavior later - TO A CERTAIN DEGREE. But I think inborn, intrinsic, INHERENT NATURE is much more of a Determinant. My mother was less strict and 'nicer' to my two quite-a-bit-younger siblings, than we three closer-in-age older children.

However ...

Jennifer

Regarding your premise and the article - that Identical Twins are (Born) Identical and so it's the Environment that shapes their personality and behavior. Nuture vs. Nature.

Key Word - MUTATIONS

Specifically - Gene Mutations in Utero.

The Brain. Identical Twins do not have Identical DNA when they are Born because of Gene Mutations in Utero.

Identical Twins Are Not Genetically Identical

Potential consequences for the Minnesota Twin Study

[www.psychologytoday.com]

Though parents can usually tell the difference between their identical twins, grandparents, teachers, neighbors and peers sometimes cannot. And for good reasons. Identical twins very often look almost exactly alike. No surprise there, if identical twin share all of their DNA.

Recent research presented at the 2012 American Society of Human Genetics meeting, however, suggests that identical twins may not be as genetically similar as hitherto suggested. Identical, or monozygotic, twins come from the same fertilized egg. So, at some point during cell division (before 14 days post-conception), identical twin embryos share virtually all of their DNA. During early fetal development, however, identical twins undergo more than 300 genetic mutations, or copy errors, on average. As human cells divide trillions of times during their lifespan, a few hundred genetic mutations could lead to millions or trillions of genetic differences in the DNA of identical twins over the years. Chemical factors can furthermore activate or suppress gene expression, which means that the same subset of genetic material can lead to the formation of different proteins.

The results, which were presented by McGill University epidemiologist Rui Li, could have drastic consequences for what we know about the heritability of diseases, addictions, personality and intelligence—or what is more popularly known as the nature versus nurture debate.

Also -

(From your article:

"parents completed a 50-item questionnaire about the home environment. They also established their harshness and warmth levels by rating 24 statements such as “I often lose my temper with my child” and “My child knows I love him/her.” The researchers assessed child behavior by asking the mother to report on 35 traits related to aggression and CU traits." )

"Callous-Unemotional Traits and Aggressive" behavior, which was determined by the Study of these children based on a 50-item questionnaire, rating 24 statements and the mother reporting on 25 traits - and I would like to know what the questions, statements and traits are - in children, are not on the same level as - EVIL Psychopaths/Criminals/Killers/Rapists' Behavior.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2020 06:08PM by Jennifer.

Date: October 31, 2020 06:44PM

Also -

Fetal brain development of twins assessed in utero by ultrasound: implications for schizophrenia

[pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

There is evidence that some forms of schizophrenia are due to alterations of in utero brain development. Given the concordance rate for schizophrenia in monozygotic twins is approx. 45%, it is not clear how a shared genetic predisposition for schizophrenia and a shared in utero environment might selectively lead to schizophrenia in one but not the other twin in a monozygotic twin pair. This study was undertaken to test the hypothesis that there is a difference in brain development between twins in a monozygotic twin pair that may contribute to the observed concordance rates for schizophrenia. Fetal ultrasound measures of brain (biparietal diameter, head circumference, ventricular width) and body size (femur length, abdominal circumference) obtained during the second trimester of fetal development were retrospectively analyzed in 41 monozygotic and 103 dizygotic twin pairs. In monozygotic twin pairs, there was a significant difference in measures of biparietal diameter, head circumference, and ventricular width, as well as in femur length and abdominal circumference, between twins. There was a similar difference in dizygotic twin pairs. These results indicate that in monozygotic twins, brain development is not identical. This difference in brain development may contribute to the observed concordance rates in monozygotic twins with schizophrenia.

I think we CANNOT say that Evil people are Made Not Born.

If we said that Evil people are Made Not Born - that would mean that all people who were brought up Abused would end up being Evil people - and they aren't. Although Upbringing/Environment definitely plays a role in determining Personality and Behavior of regular people.

Date: October 31, 2020 08:48PM

I know they were not identical
I dont think that negated the findings

////I think we CANNOT say that Evil people are Made Not Born.

Its complex and i dont see actual evidence to confirm either way

//If we said that Evil people are Made Not Born - that would mean that all people who were brought up Abused would end up being Evil people - and they aren't

I wouldn't make that claim.

I would reverse it.

My claim is that nearly zero humans are born evil whatever that means.

Anyone who is "evil"
Was the result of bad upbringing and or environment.

None had an ideal environment

There's always something that can be pointed to

Because its not productive and would be selected against in a social being

I would bet that societies close to nature
with natural parenting and without the disturbing influences in modern society likely have minimal or no what you call "evil"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2020 09:23PM by fresh.

Date: October 31, 2020 09:08PM

Did you see how the health minister in Scotland wants to pass a law on hate speech even inside the home ?

because he claims we deserve to be protected from hate speech

and he's a Muslim i believe

they kill people if you insult their God

these people are deranged

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2020 09:15PM by fresh.

Date: October 31, 2020 11:47PM

No, but from what I've gathered reading some headlines over the last year or so that Scotland is extremely Liberal - as is New Zealand, btw.

For example -

Scottish parliament approves free sanitary products for all women

[www.reuters.com]

The Scottish parliament approved plans on Tuesday to make sanitary products freely available to all women, the first nation in the world to do so.

The legislation would make tampons and sanitary pads available at designated public places such as community centres, youth clubs and pharmacies, at an estimated annual cost of 24.1 million pounds ($31.2 million).

The Period Products (Free Provision) Scotland Bill passed through its first stage with 112 votes in favour, none against and one abstention. It now moves to the second stage, where members of the devolved Scottish parliament can propose amendments.

During the debate, the bill’s proposer Monica Lennon said passing it would be a “milestone moment for normalising menstruation in Scotland and sending out that real signal to people in this country about how seriously parliament takes gender equality.”

Fellow lawmaker Alison Johnstone asked: “Why is it in 2020 that toilet paper is seen as a necessity but period products aren’t? Being financially penalised for a natural bodily function is not equitable or just.”

In 2018, Scotland became the first country in the world to provide free sanitary products in schools, colleges and universities.

Sanitary products in the United Kingdom are currently taxed at 5%. Former Prime Minister David Cameron’s government said it wanted to end that “tampon tax”, but that its hands were tied by European Union rules which set tax rates for certain products.

The government announced it would drop the tax in 2016, but this has not happened yet.

Earlier on Tuesday, Lennon joined a rally gathered outside the Scottish parliament, and held a sign which said “Access to menstrual products is a right. Period.”

All about 'gender equality', 'gender parity', gender this and gender that.

[www.iknowpolitics.org]

"Scotland is a land of socialists. They think the government should run almost everything, compared to England which is a little more reasonable. The Scots are generally a lot worse off than the English, with worse crime problems in their big cities like Glasgow, which is one of the most dangerous places in Europe."

"Europe is, for the most part, fairly left-leaning, and social responsibility, universal healthcare, public services, etc are the foundation of every country in Europe. Scotland is no exception to this and its politics have been dominated by socialist parties for decades. It has mostly been through the Labour party in the industrial heartlands of Scotland, and more recently from the SNP who shifted to the left and scooped up the votes from traditional Labour voters when their popularity plummeted. Aside from the nationalist bile, most of the SNP policies are aimed at promoting fairly socialist ideals.

It's worth pointing out that the Scottish Conservative Party is currently the second-largest party in Scotland and is traditionally right of center rather than left of center. However, by American standards, they would still be labeled as socialists because of the general attitude towards social responsibility across Europe."

"It is more ‘socialist’ because that’s the side its economic bread is buttered. It has more jobs and people that rely on the state than England."

Funny how we never hear about the child rape gangs, pedophile rings, Pakistani sexual abuse rings, etc. in Scotland and the UK - been happening for years, but totally covered up by the press and politicians, government, etc.

[www.theguardian.com]

Scottish paedophile ring found guilty of more than 50 charges

• Gay rights campaigner led double life as ringleader

• Two offenders abused children of close friends

A ring of eight paedophiles, including a former welfare campaigner for young gay men, were today convicted of child abuse and producing indecent images of children. The men, from across central Scotland, were found guilty by a jury in Edinburgh of more than 50 charges, ranging from abusing infants from three months old to conspiracy and holding more than 125,000 images of child pornography.

Date: October 31, 2020 11:59PM

Jennifer how do you sleep at night filling your mind with all this depressing crap? OR do you?

Date: November 01, 2020 01:59AM

Yes, I sleep okay at night - if I don't eat after 7:00 and go to bed before 11:00. Thanks for asking.

We're in a Depressing Era - The Unknown - The Unfolding of The Tyrannical World with The Blessing of The Masses. eye popping smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables