Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

WEF: If you want to travel next year, you may need a vaccine passport
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: December 28, 2020 01:34AM

If you want to travel next year, you may need a vaccine passport

"How will the RV madman continue his rampage"???

San Francisco (CNN Business)Now that coronavirus vaccines are starting to roll out in the US and abroad, many people may be dreaming of the day when they can travel, shop and go to the movies again. But in order to do those activities, you may eventually need something in addition to the vaccine: a vaccine passport application.

Several companies and technology groups have begun developing smartphone apps or systems for individuals to upload details of their Covid-19 tests and vaccinations, creating digital credentials that could be shown in order to enter concert venues, stadiums, movie theaters, offices, or even countries.

The Common Trust Network, an initiative by Geneva-based nonprofit The Commons Project and the World Economic Forum, has partnered with several airlines including Cathay Pacific, JetBlue, Lufthansa, Swiss Airlines, United Airlines and Virgin Atlantic, as well as hundreds of health systems across the United States and the government of Aruba.

The CommonPass app created by the group allows users to upload medical data such as a Covid-19 test result or, eventually, a proof of vaccination by a hospital or medical professional, generating a health certificate or pass in the form of a QR code that can be shown to authorities without revealing sensitive information. For travel, the app lists health pass requirements at the points of departure and arrival based on your itinerary.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WEF: If you want to travel next year, you may need a vaccine passport
Posted by: BJ ()
Date: December 28, 2020 06:26AM

In the late 1970's I went to India in search of, nothing really, just for a holiday ( definitely didn't get any enlightenment by the nature of my posts ). In those days to travel to Asia and Africa you needed shots for all the different diseases prevalent in those countries - not to go there, but to get back into Australia. I didn't get any shots on the way out ( mustn't have thought of how I was going to get back into Australia ).

I travelled to the south of India and whilst there I somehow met someone who took me to a travel agent. There I paid $20 Australian dollars and out he brought a small yellow passport like book from the WHO. He proceeded to fill in my details ; i.e. Name, passport number, etc and then he produced a stamp to stamp in the different spots that I needed to be vaccinated and lo and behold I had my vaccination passport. After my travels around Asia I headed back to Australia and showed them my stamped book from the WHO and all was good.

So in some ways it's really nothing new - just might be more difficult getting around it these days. It will be interesting to see how it all ends up with workplaces, schools, local and international travel, shopping. etc.

Here in Oz we have a No Jab No Pay policy and a No Jab No Play policy. If the kids aren't vaccinated certain financial benefits are withheld from families. Same with the No Play policy. In some instances the kids can't do certain activities without being vaccinated. Although vaccination isn't compulsory, it's more of a covert way of getting people to vaccinate as opposed to an overt way.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: December 28, 2020 06:45PM

@BJ. We can only hope for fake vaccination certificates to become available. Betcha someone is working on it. They'll charge a lot but it will be worth it because these will be much harder to fake than in the 1970s, that is for sure. I am waiting for the figures on how many refuseniks will appear.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: December 28, 2020 07:05PM

Horsea
@BJ. We can only hope for fake vaccination certificates to become available. Betcha someone is working on it. They'll charge a lot but it will be worth it because these will be much harder to fake than in the 1970s, that is for sure. I am waiting for the figures on how many refuseniks will appear.

Except this time it's digital. On the recent Corbett report, they implied that the vaccines will have tracer particles in them so they can scan you to see if you've taken it...

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: December 28, 2020 07:24PM

Yes, I realize it's digital. But where there's a will there's a way. And if there is $$$$$ involved, that will gets mighty strong. Fake tracer particles maybe? Indeed, it - love of money - seems to be the major driver anymore in this world.

I do not believe for one second that the folks who really run things (and their friends and family) are going to get these deadly substances injected into themselves. And one way or another, they will be tripped up.

I do look at Corbett from time to time. It would be nice to hear a positive and encouraging note from him once in a while (as I've attempted in my above paragraphs) but these do not appear to be forthcoming from Corbett. Other commenters give us deadly information but somehow I am not left with the feeling of outright dread that Corbett induces in me. "The sky is falling! The sky is falling! We are without hope!" sez he from his comfy hidey hole in Japan where he thinks he is safe from the depredations inflicted in Amerika.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2020 07:26PM by Horsea.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables