Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

to Bryan
Posted by: Rainbow ()
Date: January 17, 2007 08:19PM

Hi Bryan,

i saw your message about your progress with 811. I am not in the same situation. I feel sleep very much in the afternoon at my office, but I cannot sleep. I start coughing a lot and digestion is just getting slow.
I do not want do juice diet and do not have holiday to do water fast right now.
How could I adjust my diet?
Could you share your experience on how to help to heal the body?
Many thanks in advance!
blessing

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: to Bryan (typing errors)
Date: January 17, 2007 08:20PM

I am not in the same situation--> I am now in the same situation.

Re: to Bryan
Posted by: Witarianin ()
Date: January 18, 2007 01:34AM

Hi, Rainbow, Bryan..,
sorry for jumping in, and since question IS to Bryan.. But I'd like to share what i found out doing some trials with idea of 80 10 10 and trying to cross examine it with my own knowledge/.

It looks like most basic, most ignored thing is WATER.
Many people jump start RIGHT ON the RIGHT DIET.
Which "must" end with detox symptoms. WHY?
Well, eating for 20+ years for most people, means that toxins have accumulated, and without Water, and TIME TOO MUCH toxins are being released/ as to what your body can remove.
So I found out that as much as 80/10/10 may BE PERFECT Diet, it IS AFTER DETOX.
During transition however, one should remember, that last 20, 40 years our body had to adjust to constant lack of water, and overacidifying by consuming too much of grains, vegetables, and all other refined foods.

Before body and brain will adjust to new better, simpler energy source, it must relearn how much and how quickly it can digest, and remove. And since higher content of fruit in diet will increase ability to do both, You CANNOT nor Your BODY , all those things, if all it did since very beginning was to put up with to much of food and in form that was doungmore damage than good to You,
Give it TIME, more WATER, and patience and you'll be fine.

I found a regime that worked for me, and several other people trying raw, natural approach to “life”, or just looking for a quick fix”.. it takes about 3 days of same food for body to adopt to it/ tell you if it REALLY IS working for you.

It is CRITICAL to drink a "sufficient" amounts of water about 30 minutes BEFORE MAIN MEALS, and not earlier than 2 hours AFTER.
Drinking about 1 Qt. of water(3, 4 glasses) will allow for body to get enough water to digest simple sugars, as well as REMOVE Toxins, that those simple sugars are BURNING Away.

if only sugar/ too much of fruit had been eaten, versus how much toxins will be removed from body, than amount of water that is necessary to remove/dilute and allow for body to remove them, THe water needs INCREASE.

So water before meals is regardless of type of the diet a "key" to help to remove "unused" food from stomach/ push it further down intestine.., that without water will NOT Happen, old food will stick to intestines, clog, rots causing increased toxicity inside of body.
That is what you are experiencing right now.

Much better than bananas to start transition to raw food/ or any cleansing program, or "the ideal diet" 8/1/1 Are grapes, or watery apples.
they contain LESS sugar, therefore less toxins are being burned away inside, so blood is less toxic.
And when there is no toxic in your blood, or the need to remove it, than there is more oxygen, and energy.

Don't forget that if you have some fat, with vegetables, and when you eat fruit, it may not be digested at all. If so, it will go to intestine and become a food for bacteria, and cause for creating conditions for disease., that's why water diet is safest in case of somebody being sick. Good think that drinking water before meal is safe, and as long as you do so, 30 mins. Before, and 2 h after, you should have much more cleaner stomach for digestion of anything.

"just" my 2 cents.

Oh, and Rainbow, in order to adjust diet.. there must be something to adjust.. thus far you haven't wrote a single ingredient of your daily "intake".. winking smiley

If i were You I'd wrote down hours: from wakeup to sleep, . from breakfast to dinner,
how much, at which meal, that'll allow for Brian, ore someone else to analyze/ compare their results to Yours .

Cheers!, and quick endOfDetox toYou! winking smiley

Free, Open source.Healthysmiling smiley
F.E.A.R. is
an acronym that stands for, False Evidence Appearing Real
F.A.I.T.H. - the First Attribute IN Thoughtful
Health

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 18, 2007 02:40AM

Your situation is a bit different that mine was. I was super sleep deprived. In fact, when I started the 80/10/10 diet, after a week or so, the chronic fatigue I had became totally constant acute fatigue. Not chronic, but I got the message "sleep right now". What is different from what I had and what you are describing is you can't sleep at night, where as I could, but it was very difficult for me to get out of bed. I can relate to your not sleeping however, because before I went raw, I needed to take a lot of stimulants (coffees, cokes, chocolate) to keep me going. So at night, I would be wired, and I often I would stay up half the night. Of course, this just made everything worse.

Still, the basics are the same. I had massive sleep debt. And it looks like you may have this too.

When we don't sleep enough, our bodies get way behind in the day to day housekeeping. This can cause us to gain weight, to hold more toxins in our bodies, and so on. Short term, if you catch up on sleep, then the body can get back to balance. But if you did what I did, which is to take substance to make me have more energy, to feel more awake in the morning, then we may never end up getting the much needed sleep we need because we don't feel like we need it anymore. So we end up not sleeping enough for years at a time, and there continues to be a buildup of toxins in the body.

Lets say you only lost 1 hour a sleep a night over 10 years. After 10 years, you would have massive sleep debt (over 3650 hours), and perhaps even the stimulant would quit working. Fortunate for me, I got sick and had the flu many times during my ten years of undersleeping, so many of those hours got knocked off when I was sick in bed. And I would spend many weekends sleeping a lot during the weekend, as I typically didn't drink coffee on non work days.

You only have 2 choices. Get more rest and sleep, or take stimulants. By the way, even the transitional raw diet can have a lot of stimulants in it. This includes things like spices, and condiments (such as salt, pepper, spices, vinegar, miso, garlic, onion, chilis, etc)

The healthier option, and only long term real solution, is get the sleep. A short term solution is to take more stimulants, but this quits working after a while, and now you have more sleep debt than before, and if the stimulant you chose was toxic, your body has more mess to clean up.

I don't know what your current diet looks like. If it is very clean and low fat, you may not have to change anything in it. I specifically want to know how much fat you eat normally, and what condiments and spices you use (anything that gives your food flavor or makes it taste better).

So some things that will help without adding to the amount of sleep debt. Eat simpler meals, with no overt fats. Preferably mono meals. I say this because monomeals are the easiest to digest and save your body considerable energy. So breakfast might be 8 oranges. Lunch might be 5 bananas, and for a snack a few hours later, 8 ribs of celery. Dinner might be 4 large mangos, followed by a head of butter lettuce.

Other things that will help including reducing your toxin intake. If you take recreational drugs, ie alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, etc, stop those. Clean up the water you drink, and drink filtered water. See if you can get a filter that removes floride in addition to the chlorine. Use a shower filter. Find soaps and body products that are less toxic. Use a less toxic laundry detergent. Reduce stress in your life. Spend some time outdoors, getting some sunshine on your skin. Get some exercise. Practice health building habits. and remove habits that drain or take away your energy.

I don't recommend the stimulant route. Also superfoods and supplements can be stimulating. In fact, if any thing you eat "gives" you more energy, there is a good chance that it contains a stimulant. Again, this only defers the problem, and potentially makes it worse in the long run.

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: January 18, 2007 01:42PM

Rainbow:

When I began to implement food combining principles, almost right away the afternoon sleepiness that I'd usually get disappeared. What I believe happened is that less energy and effort was put into trying to digest what I was eating and that extra energy was enough to keep me awake. Until you are able to take off time for a fast or rest, you may want to look into this.

Wishing you vibrant health

Date: January 18, 2007 07:44PM

Dear Witarianin,

Thanks for your reply! I really apprecaite your kindness and sincere help!
I do indeed ignor the water intake. I will try take water as you suggest. I believe that will help.

I am following 811 and today I ate:

morning: 2 cup of orange juice
noon: 4 small blood orange, 4 small persimmons.
evening: 4 persimmons, 2 pears, one red pepper and 3 celery sticks, 5 cherry tomatos.

I have a lot of energy but just feel sleepy (not tired).
I have to work in the daytime so i cannot sleep as my body demands. That is a pity.

Many thanks again, blessing to you!

Date: January 18, 2007 08:01PM

Bryan, Thanks very much for your reply!!

Bryan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Your situation is a bit different that mine was. I
> was super sleep deprived. In fact, when I started
> the 80/10/10 diet, after a week or so, the chronic
> fatigue I had became totally constant acute
> fatigue. Not chronic, but I got the message "sleep
> right now". What is different from what I had and
> what you are describing is you can't sleep at
> night, where as I could, but it was very difficult
> for me to get out of bed. I can relate to your not
> sleeping however, because before I went raw, I
> needed to take a lot of stimulants (coffees,
> cokes, chocolate) to keep me going. So at night, I
> would be wired, and I often I would stay up half
> the night. Of course, this just made everything
> worse.

I didnot explain cleary in my message. In fact, I can sleep like baby very soundly in night. I am feeling sleepy in office too but i am not allowed to sleep at office.

I kick out all the stimulators from my diet from begining of this year. I have not oil and salt for 2 months.
I know i need rest too. That is only thing to help. I will try to do so.
Too many stress in life and overworking made me lack of sleep.

>
> Still, the basics are the same. I had massive
> sleep debt. And it looks like you may have this
> too.
>
> When we don't sleep enough, our bodies get way
> behind in the day to day housekeeping. This can
> cause us to gain weight, to hold more toxins in
> our bodies, and so on. Short term, if you catch up
> on sleep, then the body can get back to balance.
> But if you did what I did, which is to take
> substance to make me have more energy, to feel
> more awake in the morning, then we may never end
> up getting the much needed sleep we need because
> we don't feel like we need it anymore. So we end
> up not sleeping enough for years at a time, and
> there continues to be a buildup of toxins in the
> body.

Yes!!! you are very very right.. i will try my best to rest.
I finally eliminate all the spicy stuff from my diet (including tea).
I wish i will come over to reach the good state.

>
> Lets say you only lost 1 hour a sleep a night over
> 10 years. After 10 years, you would have massive
> sleep debt (over 3650 hours), and perhaps even the
> stimulant would quit working. Fortunate for me, I
> got sick and had the flu many times during my ten
> years of undersleeping, so many of those hours got
> knocked off when I was sick in bed. And I would
> spend many weekends sleeping a lot during the
> weekend, as I typically didn't drink coffee on non
> work days.
>
> You only have 2 choices. Get more rest and sleep,
> or take stimulants. By the way, even the
> transitional raw diet can have a lot of stimulants
> in it. This includes things like spices, and
> condiments (such as salt, pepper, spices, vinegar,
> miso, garlic, onion, chilis, etc)

Thanks for convincing message. I choose rest and sleep.. i will be fine and vibriating.

>
> The healthier option, and only long term real
> solution, is get the sleep. A short term solution
> is to take more stimulants, but this quits working
> after a while, and now you have more sleep debt
> than before, and if the stimulant you chose was
> toxic, your body has more mess to clean up.
>
> I don't know what your current diet looks like. If
> it is very clean and low fat, you may not have to
> change anything in it. I specifically want to know
> how much fat you eat normally, and what condiments
> and spices you use (anything that gives your food
> flavor or makes it taste better).
>
> So some things that will help without adding to
> the amount of sleep debt. Eat simpler meals, with
> no overt fats. Preferably mono meals. I say this
> because monomeals are the easiest to digest and
> save your body considerable energy. So breakfast
> might be 8 oranges. Lunch might be 5 bananas, and
> for a snack a few hours later, 8 ribs of celery.
> Dinner might be 4 large mangos, followed by a head
> of butter lettuce.

I will try this more simple so from tomorrow.. many thanks for the help!

>
> Other things that will help including reducing
> your toxin intake. If you take recreational drugs,
> ie alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, etc, stop those.
> Clean up the water you drink, and drink filtered
> water. See if you can get a filter that removes
> floride in addition to the chlorine. Use a shower
> filter. Find soaps and body products that are less
> toxic. Use a less toxic laundry detergent. Reduce
> stress in your life. Spend some time outdoors,
> getting some sunshine on your skin. Get some
> exercise. Practice health building habits. and
> remove habits that drain or take away your
> energy.
>
> I don't recommend the stimulant route. Also
> superfoods and supplements can be stimulating. In
> fact, if any thing you eat "gives" you more
> energy, there is a good chance that it contains a
> stimulant. Again, this only defers the problem,
> and potentially makes it worse in the long run.

I do not take any coffee and alcacol for spiritual reason. I keep this.

Many many thanks again,
blessing

Date: January 18, 2007 08:03PM

Hi,Pistachio, thanks for you recommandation, I really take this into action. I will eat one type at each meal and 3 meal a day.

Your signature is inviting.That is my food.

wish you vibrate health too!

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 18, 2007 10:16PM

I wish all of you guys success with what you want to do

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables