Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What about flying now?
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: August 15, 2021 06:41PM

I just was reading about how the vaccine affects our telomeres, and suddenly had a thought that maybe it's not 'safe' to take a flight now. That we could still 'catch something' from the vaccinated people that would mess us up and we wouldn't even feel it. Because I'm going to CA in a couple weeks to visit my daughter. I had figured it was safe now because most everybody was vaccinated in March and April so it's been at least three months now for them to finish transmitting.

I guess I'm starting to get paranoid. I just had this fleeting thought of taking a flight and all those idiots affecting my telomeres.

[twitter.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What about flying now?
Date: August 19, 2021 11:20PM

I guess harassing passengers who refuse to wear a mask on flights is very lucrative -

In unfriendly skies, unruly passenger fines top $1 million

[apnews.com]

Rowdy airline passengers have now racked up a record $1 million in potential fines this year, a toll of the tumult in the sky as travelers have returned after most were grounded by the pandemic in 2020.

The Federal Aviation Administration announced the latest cases Thursday, involving 34 travelers who flew between January and May. Their offenses ranged from refusing to wear a face mask, as required by a federal rule, to punching a flight attendant in the nose.

Airlines have reported about 3,900 incidents of unruly passengers this year, and three-fourths involve refusal to wear a mask, according to the FAA.

This month, the head of the FAA asked airport officials around the country to work with local law enforcement to prosecute more cases. The FAA does not have authority to file criminal charges.

Air travel in the U.S. has returned to nearly 80% of pre-pandemic levels, but airlines have cut the number of flights by a similar amount, resulting in crowded planes.

Bad weather and lack of crews after airlines cut staff last year have contributed to tens of thousands of canceled and delayed flights this summer, according to figures from tracking service FlightAware, making travel even more stressful than before.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: August 20, 2021 03:30AM

Jennifer, maybe you should drive rather than taking public transportation.

Date: August 20, 2021 09:16PM

Yes, but I'm going to California, so it's too far and too long a road trip for me. Right now, it's worth the aggravation.

I'm also concerned about all the flight cancellations and delays in the last few months because I have a layover on the trip. Last year coming back from LA - the flight was an hour late for takeoff at LAX, so I missed my connecting flight. I had to wait four hours at the airport for the next flight. Thank god there was a next flight that same day.

My daughter came to visit in May from Florida and she almost missed her connections both ways, even though she had an hour and a half in between - because of the delays.

I looked it up and that's the norm for months now - lots of cancellations and delays of flights. There's a staffing shortage. Some 'conspiracy theorists' think it's because a lot of pilots have died after getting the vaccine. I think it was British Airways that had 5 pilots die within a few months and JetBlue had four die within a month this year.

We are driving to Florida in November for my daughter's wedding - a two-day trip - but who knows what'll be in store for us by then.

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: August 22, 2021 03:29AM

I give you my permission to fly. You'll be wearing a mask. In my place where I live one guy has been double jabbed and we share common areas and he's been breathing on me a lot lately and so far no telomeres have attacked or infected me.

Maybe they're like the virus - they don't exist. Has anyone actually seen a telomore?

Date: August 22, 2021 04:51PM

Well, I'm in The System now. The CDC now has my name and phone number. I had to fill out this form and submit it to fly. I think that's for anywhere in the US with all the airlines.

[travel.lacity.org]

And my daughter informed me that her county in CA just instituted a mask mandate for everyone inside. At least it's not outside, too. Last year we had to wear a mask outside, and we couldn't eat inside restaurants, only eat outside. And it was hot!

By the way, flying to all the states - if you're not vaccinated, you are 'recommended' to get a test 1 - 3 days before traveling and during your stay and do quarantining, etc., like it shows at the link.

However - Hawaii is the only State where you are REQUIRED to get vaccinated or else you HAVE to have a test before and during your trip and do all the quarantining.

I've not liked Hawaii since this Scamdemic started and they were all in on the lockdowns, etc., shutting down their tourist industry and ruining their economy, etc. And then like I said before - getting billions in Bailout! angry smiley

BTW, I wonder what 'side' Suncloud is on ... She's in Hawaii.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables