Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

WHY DO SO MANY STILL BUY INTO THE NARRATIVE?
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: September 29, 2021 06:31PM

[www.youtube.com]
WHY DO SO MANY STILL BUY INTO THE NARRATIVE?
1:14:34 Minute Video

Streamed live on Sep 21, 2021
Dan Astin-Gregory
7.81K subscribers

Does it sometimes feel like you’re surrounded by people who’ve been hypnotised in some way? Well, maybe you are.

My guest tonight is Mattias Desmet, Professor of Clinical Psychology at Ghent University in Belgium, and his observations over the past 18 months have led him to conclude that the overwhelming majority have indeed fallen under a kind of spell.

Except it’s not actually a spell, of course: the term for it is ‘mass formation’ and right now it’s manifesting as a psychological response — not unlike hypnosis — to the unrelenting, single-focus campaign of fear to which we have all been subjected.

Join me at 5pm when I will explore with Mattias what triggers and sustains this mass response, where it could ultimately lead us, why a minority somehow manages to remain unaffected, and whether there’s anything we can collectively do to break the spell before it’s too late.

Have you subscribed to the Pandemic Podcast mailing list? Please sign up here [www.danjgregory.com]

Please also make sure you have signed and shared the Together Declaration [www.togetherdeclaration.org]

Comments

nanomyou5
6 days ago (edited)
Summary - for *Mass Formation* to occur, 3 things must 1st be present:

1) Lack of social bonding (isolation)

2) Lack of meaning making (alienation)

3) Free floating anxiety that something is wrong but not knowing what or how to solve it (anxiety)

When these are present, a SOLUTION narrative can be presented:

1) Bring people "together" through shared absurd rituals that show people they belong to a group (mask wearing, 2 meter distancing, self-quarantine)

2) Give people a sense of purpose ("I am doing my part, I'm flattening the curve, I'm saving grandma, etc."winking smiley

3) Partially keep the anxiety in check by giving people an "enemy" and a "reason" against which they are fighting (but NOT actually solving the problem).

.... while at the same time re-inforcing the requirements for mass-formations (isolation, alienation, anxiety):

The MORE absurd the shared rituals are, the BETTER they work against those who are isolated, alienated, afraid and anxious.

My SOLUTIONS :

1) Anxiety : stop following NEWS and Social Media (stop the source of future/fear related anxiety)

2) Isolation : start physically meeting people in normal setting, doing daily fun stuff , NOT talking about COVID related stuff (also, be physical, outside, not just inside looking at screens)

3) Alienation: start doing (together with other people) hobbies, work or helping others that gives YOU meaning and purpose (a good feeling, a feeling you belong , feeling you have a purpose)

JR’s Notes:

[youtu.be]
1:08:05 MM
Mattias Desmet: Of course, I think this Totalitarian System probably will destroy itself much quicker than the Totalitarian Systems of the 20th century because none of these Totalitarian Systems has intruded the Bodies of its population in such a Systematic and Straightforward way with the Vaccination Campaigns and so on. Purely reasoning from a Psychological point of view, if you know that all the Totalitarian Projects ended up as a disaster, that’s something really striking, you can read, for example, the book by Hannah Arendt on “The Origins of Totalitarianism” and then, the book of Solzhenitsyn “The Gulag Archipelago” I don’t know if you know the book, but they all, they describe the processes in the Soviet Union in a very detailed way and they both conclude exactly the same - every Project that was undertaken by the Totalitarian Leaders ended up as a disaster and they continued until the population was completely, exhausted, exterminated, destroyed and so on. 1:09:18 MM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WHY DO SO MANY STILL BUY INTO THE NARRATIVE?
Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: September 29, 2021 08:15PM

every Project that was undertaken by the Totalitarian Leaders ended up as a disaster and they continued until the population was completely, exhausted, exterminated, destroyed and so on

Yet, some did survive the bolshevik coup!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables