Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Mango Pitter
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 18, 2007 11:18PM

I went to get a cherry pitter and I found this Mango Pitter in Williams and Sonoma..

It is amazing. What you do with the two halves is slash lines in the flesh sideways and downwards, like cubed and turn inside out and cut off..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2007 11:19PM by coconutcream.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mango Pitter
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: January 18, 2007 11:55PM

Interesting. I've always done that with just a knife. Is it easy to clean?

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: January 19, 2007 12:09AM

yep Rawgosia..i like that name, is it european?

Date: January 19, 2007 12:40AM

Yes!!! Gosia is short for Malgorzata (instead of l, there should be another character there, similar to l, but non-existing in English alphabet; it is pronounced "w"winking smiley - a Polish name. I was born in Poland and migrated to Australia about 12 years ago. My spiritual name is Supriya.

I love your vibrant, sunshine-full photos, by the way.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: uma ()
Date: January 19, 2007 05:10AM

What does Supriya mean?

Love,
Uma

Date: January 19, 2007 08:13AM

Hi Uma! smiling smiley

Supriay means Cherished. I got this name from Amma, the hugging saint, the most beautiful soul I've ever met.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: January 19, 2007 09:12AM

Coconutcream, is Williams and Sonoma a store? At my local Costco there are a bunchof cooking books and culinary instructional books by Williams &Sonoma. I always wondered who they were.

Date: January 19, 2007 09:12AM

Coconutcream, is Williams and Sonoma a store? At my local Costco there are a bunch of cooking books and culinary instructional books by Williams & Sonoma. I always wondered who they were.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2007 09:13AM by VeganLife.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 19, 2007 09:49AM

interesting. su means good, priya is loved one or darling. priyasha. it's pretty none the less. i'm thinking about a derivative for my daughter's middle name. ok, if she is a girl i mean! my middle name means beloved as well.

what's the point of the mango cutter exactly? it looks like it just does the same thing i use a knife for. i mean, nifty that they make it but pretty unnecessary in the end.

i cut mango in cubes like that but my friend saw me do it one day and started laughing like crazy. apparently that's really funny to people who live where they grow. there's some simple and unmessy technique of just peeling and eating one with your hands, i never figured it out though. i'll let you know if i do! i just tear the skin off with my teeth and eat it. i get sticky but i end up smelling terrific and it's fun!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2007 09:50AM by coco.

Posted by: GotVeggie ()
Date: January 19, 2007 11:45AM

Hey CoconutCream... I never knew cherry or mango pitters existed until I read up on this post. I usually grab my Ready-Peeled and Sliced Mangos at Trader Joes. But this Mango Pitter looks like a fun Kitchen Utensil to use.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: January 19, 2007 01:44PM

Vegan Life:

Yes, Williams Sonoma is a store and it's online, too:

[www.williams-sonoma.com]

Date: January 19, 2007 01:47PM

I always use a knife, too.

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: January 19, 2007 02:18PM

I've heard that some people in India will take a really ripe mango, knead it and knead it and knead it until the inside is like juice. Then they'll poke a small hole in a convenient spot, and suck out the juice. I've tried it but, well, can't say that it turned out anything like I imagined! Summertime will provide another chance.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: January 19, 2007 05:26PM

I REALLY miss Mangos. sad smiley

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: January 19, 2007 05:55PM

YogaMomma,

I don't know if you have a Costco around, but my mom bought a huge bag of frozen chopped organic mangos there.

Maybe you could find some there too... Also, I noticed Trader Joes has frozen organic mango too...

I always buy fresh because I live in Cali, but I think that is nice that these stores have them.

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: January 19, 2007 06:06PM

Thanks for the tip, but I do prefer to eat fresh and in-season fruits and veggies. I just feel better that way. The health food store I shop at does have frozen organic mangoes, but they just aren't as good as the fresh ones we get in the summer time! smiling smiley Thanks anyways!

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: January 19, 2007 07:04PM

Yogamomma, I know what you mean, nothing beats fresh.

Date: January 20, 2007 12:34AM

Kneading a mango??? I must try that!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: January 20, 2007 12:38AM

Fresh organic mangos straight from the tree. Only had them a few times in my life but, oh, man! I want one now!

Date: January 20, 2007 07:56AM

oh my god you guys are making me hungry

Posted by: uti ()
Date: January 20, 2007 08:02AM

Fear Not! Mango season is about to begin for us in N. America. The green/red "Tommy Atkins" mangos are already around, but I really like the more flavorful yellow "Ataulfo" mangos or a yellow mango I got last year called "Madame Francek" (spelling???) which came from Hati. I know there are lots more varieties of mangos to experience out there, it's just a matter of time and travel.

I saw a nifty "mango fork" that you simply press into the pit for a convenient handle to hold the mango for peeling and eating if you're feeling prissy about getting sticky hands. If anyone knows where to get one please post a source.

Gosia, what are mangos like in Austrailia?

Uti

Date: January 20, 2007 11:32AM

Yummy! I wish now I knew the names (Kensington I think is one). Obviously, they have not been grown in the area where I live now (Tasmania, too cold). At the moment there are two types available. The larger ones have a stronger taste, are darker and firm even when ripe. I find the small ones sweeter and more delicious. My kids love mango-banana smoothie for breakfast. A little boy, our neighbor, loves visiting us and eating our mangoes. He demands them. One day, we were short and I did not give him one. He kept staring at me, and I felt being mango-hypnotized.

I've been enjoying occasionally making a "gourmet" fruit salad - mangoes, papaya, bananas and a few cherries. Yum! I got inspired by looking at what coconutcream eats. Actually, I will be making this salad tomorrow. We have visitors due to monthly satsang meditation at our home.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: January 20, 2007 11:48AM

Is Williams & Sonoma more than a store? Why do they have cooking books out? Do they have a cooking school too?

Date: January 20, 2007 11:52AM

Yes, they have classes, its usually in hegh end malls, but you can find them locally wherever you are..listen they also have lemon juicers for the hand, apple corers and slicers, pineapple corers that also cut a slinky..um, what else, amny things , wooden bowls, avocado slicers, tomato corers, heart melon ballers, etc etc

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: January 20, 2007 03:32PM

VeganLife...

yep it's a store here in the USA

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables