Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Five types of chlorophyll
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: December 25, 2021 02:05AM

[sciencing.com]

There are FIVE distinct types of chlorophyll.

CHLOROPHYLL A (Blueish green in color )

Contains: Methyl group(-CH3) at the third carbon

Chlorophyll A absorbs light from the orange-red and violet-blue areas of the electromagnetic spectrum. Chlorophyll A transfers energy to the reaction center and donates two excited electrons to the electron transport chain.

The central role of chlorophyll A is as a primary electron donor in the electron transport chain. From there on, the energy from the sun will ultimately become chemical energy that can be used by the organism for cellular processes.

CHLOROPHYLL B (Olive green in color)

Contains: Aldehyde group (-CHO) at the third carbon

Chlorophyll B absorbs blue light. Chlorophyll B’s central role is to expand the absorption spectrum of organisms. That way, organisms can absorb more energy from the higher frequency blue light part of the spectrum. The presence of chlorophyll B in cells helps organisms convert a wider range of the energy from the sun into chemical energy.

Plants that receive less sunlight have more chlorophyll B in their chloroplasts. An increase in chlorophyll B is an adaption to the shade, as it allows the plant to absorb a broader range of wavelengths of light.

Chlorophyll A and B differ in only one atom in a side-chain on the third carbon. In A, the third carbon is attached to a methyl group whereas, in B, the third carbon is attached to an aldehyde group.

Chlorophyll C can be found in only certain types of algae.

Chlorophyll D is one of the rarer forms of photosynthetic pigment and is only found in species of red algae and cyanobacterium.

Lastly, and most rarely, is chlorophyll E. Not much is known about this pigment except that it is found in some types of golden algae.

Chlorophyll is a type of pigment. Pigments appear as a certain color since they only absorb certain wavelengths of light and reflect the light (and thus the color) that they do not absorb.

Light is made up of bundles of energy called photons. Pigments like chlorophyll, through a complex process, pass photons from pigment to pigment until it reaches an area called the reaction center. After photons reach the reaction center, the energy is converted into chemical energy to be used by the cell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2021 02:06AM by Panchito.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Five types of chlorophyll
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: December 25, 2021 03:58PM

Thank you, Panchito, for that information. It encourages me to start growing and juicing wheatgrass again. So much nutrition in fruits, vegetables, greens, grasses, herbs, sprouts, microgreens. Just takes motivation to grow, gather and prepare them.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: December 25, 2021 06:46PM

Wow, actual health related content...BRAVO!

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: December 26, 2021 03:33PM

Yes, but it's boring ...

No offense, Panchito. I do find it valuable information and encouraging for me to get serious about all raw/nutrition/natural health aka SURVIVAL, but the fact is - this Worldly Plandemic is the most interesting, fascinating, phenomenon of our lifetime or maybe ever - except for Noah and the Flood, but this is man-made.

I guess the closest in relevance to The Raw Food Lifestyle that's the focus of this forum, for me, would be my big interest in Natural Healing, Natural Remedies, Home Remedies, Natural Therapies, etc. relating to Covid (or whatever this thing is) and The Bioweapon Injection in particular.

So I'll be looking up how chlorophyll can be used as a remedy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables