Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

This fruit will make you happy
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: February 01, 2022 11:51PM

BANANAS. The riper is the banana the more dopamine (up to a limit). The highest content of dopamine is in the peel but the pulp has a lot too.

1 peeled banana weight: 5 oz = 141 grams
dopamine content = 141 x 8 = 1,128 ugrams = 1.1 milligrams

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Dopamine plays an essential role in humans for the coordination of body movements, motivation, and reward. Information regarding the content of dopamine foods (Figure 4) is very limited, possibly because of lack of clinical interest. Fruits of the Musa genus, such as bananas and plantains, and the Persea americana M. species (that is, avocado) were reported to contain high levels of dopamine [39]. More specifically, dopamine levels were found in the banana peel (700 ug/g), the banana pulp (8 ug/g), and in avocado (4–5 ug/g).

[www.intoactionrecovery.com]

When the brain has a healthy level of dopamine, we feel good. Our motivation increases. We’re productive. We plan well. We learn quickly. We’re driven, excited about life, focused, and attentive. Healthy levels of dopamine can also make us more social and extroverted. This “feel good” neurotransmitter also helps increase our empathy for others, making us more willing to adapt to others’ needs. Dopamine can also stimulate creativity. All of these attributes help produce the pleasurable feelings dopamine is known for. When the brain doesn’t have enough dopamine, however, our motivation plummets, our emotions change, and our behavior can take a drastic turn for the worse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2022 11:55PM by Panchito.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This fruit will make you happy
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: February 03, 2022 07:30PM

Interesting. I discovered a while ago that if I ate bananas anywhere near nighttime, I have trouble sleeping that night. Blended frozen bananas and strawberries is yummy.

Date: February 03, 2022 10:21PM

If you scrape the inside of the peel with a spoon, you'll get plenty of dopamine. But it doesn't taste sweet.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: February 15, 2022 09:36PM

When the brain has a healthy level of dopamine, we feel good. Our motivation increases. We’re productive. We plan well. We learn quickly. We’re driven, excited about life, focused, and attentive. Healthy levels of dopamine can also make us more social and extroverted.

They say cocaine will do the same thing. A friend told me. Just passing it along. eye popping smiley

Date: February 15, 2022 10:06PM

Before the 2000s, there was a Japanese pharmacist that develop a weight losing diet by eating only bananas.

Date: February 16, 2022 07:45PM

Yeah, and speaking of the peel, banana peel is another home/natural remedy. Particularly warts and corns on the feet.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: February 17, 2022 04:52AM

Jennifer, you are a font of useful and unusual info. Onions in socks; banana peels for corns...

I have read that castor oil drops are good for getting rid of cataracts. I'd sure try that before letting a doctor stick a knife in my eyes.

Date: February 19, 2022 02:22AM

Yes, I love reading about Natural Remedies.

Here's one of my favorite Home Remedy Websites -

[www.earthclinic.com]

These days I'm into the Covid remedies -

[www.earthclinic.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables