Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Adrenal fatigue
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 09, 2022 11:35PM

Adrenal fatigue is a name of many symptons. But usually it refers when people are too revved up day after day and this wears them down.

There is an aminoacid called glycine that your body makes and it not technically essential. It is made in the body from another aminoacid called serine. The highest plant are beans (sprouts, peas, etc).

These aminoacid inhibit the excitations of the nerves. So adrenal fatigue could be caused by serine or glycine deficiency by preventing the nerves to relax.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Adrenal fatigue
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: March 11, 2022 02:56AM

Thanks, Panchito - that's interesting!

I remember when 'adrenal fatigue' was a big thing. I never did try to understand it. I wonder if you can get that from lack of sleep.

Anyway, that's interesting that maybe eating sprouts, peas, etc., could help. I eat a lot of sprouts.

I wonder if black bean juice/liquid left over after boiling black beans - which is a home remedy, but I forget what it's good for - is helpful for the adrenals.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: March 11, 2022 06:40PM

There is an aminoacid called glycine that your body makes and it not technically essential. It is made in the body from another aminoacid called serine. The highest plant are beans (sprouts, peas, etc).

I don't have adrenal fatigue, but I am interested in the topic of amino acids. When you buy a protein powder, are you getting protein that needs to be broken down, same as your regular food, or does the process of extracting protein from various foods break them down into amino acids?

Re amino acid supplements. Yes, it may be "unnatural" to consume amino acids in pill or powder form, but the reality is that we are a weakened generation and the usual good foods and herbs may no longer cut it where digestion is not anything near optimal. In the olden days, you took some bitters and that normalized digestion, but from what I hear, that is not the case anymore with many, many people. FWIW...

Date: March 12, 2022 08:35PM

Probably, the best plant source is pea protein. This page says

[legionathletics.com]

27-gram serving:

Glycine 632 mg
Serine 830 mg

Plus a range of aminos upto 21 grams of protein. Protein is broken down into aminoacids during digestion. A protein meal takes longer to digest. The stomach has a 'sensor' and determines how long to wait on stomach acid to digest it. Once digested it passes to the small intestine. Also blended meals with particles the same size take much longer and makes you full longer (loses weight).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2022 08:40PM by Panchito.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: March 16, 2022 04:07AM

Thanks for your info.

Date: March 24, 2022 12:47AM

One aminoacid that plays a big role is glutamine (sold as l-glutamine). It reduces cortisol and stress by repairing. It is used after injury (stress, workout). It is probably the aminoacid that has an immediate effect if you need it. It brings you up right away if sore. It fights infections too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2022 12:55AM by Panchito.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables