Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Where have all the people gone ...
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: March 13, 2022 05:08PM

Has anybody else noticed that there are less people around where you live?

Maybe it's not noticeable in cities, maybe it's just where I live. But - I live a few miles from a small town. It does get a little busy in town sometimes, like people on the way to work, lunchtime, people driving home from work after 5:00. But I've noticed in the last month at least that there are just plain less people and less traffic around in town. Like the supermarket, there are no more long lines, usually just very few people in the whole big supermarket. And there doesn't seem to be empty shelves like there used to be. On the roads, less traffic, which I love. Less people in the library, post office, etc. I like it!

So the nearest bigger city like 45 minutes from me, same thing. Less traffic, less people in the stores, restaurants, etc. I like it!

I do see in the supermarkets and especially in Whole Foods, the employees are busy filling up bags for people who are ordering their food for pickup or delivery, so maybe that's what's happening. People just aren't going out so much anymore and having everything delivered.

I wonder if it's noticeable anyplace else or it's just where I live or my imagination or something ...

Also, my husband heard a segment on Coast to Coast one night that there are people like 'disappearing' or becoming invisible sort of these days. That's a stretch even for me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where have all the people gone ...
Date: March 13, 2022 06:01PM

So you'd think more people would be frequenting restaurants and stores now, unless they're too poor to go out to eat and spend money buying stuff.

And of course, all the Trillions of 'Relief' money that governments gave out never goes to the small businesses, only the big corporations that don't need it (aka Crony Capitalism, Corporatism) -

NYC restaurants emerge from jab mandate half empty, stiffed by Washington

[nypost.com]

New York City’s restaurants remain starved for diners following the end of the vaccine mandate Monday, the last of the pandemic restrictions that decimated Gotham’s world-famous dining scene.

Citywide table reservations were down 53.2 percent on Monday, the first day since August they were open to all diners, compared with the same date in 2020, according to OpenTable.

“Restaurants feel like they had been singled out by countless mandates that were confusing, didn’t make sense and unfairly targeted the industry,” said Andrew Rigie, executive director of the NYC Hospitality Alliance. “There is still a very long road to recovery.”

Only Seattle (-54.0%) and San Francisco (-56.9%) were at lower dining capacity than New York City. Seattle’s restaurant vaccine mandate ended March 1. San Francisco is still enforcing the policy.

The number of people employed by New York City restaurants declined 25.4 percent from the end of 2019 to the end of 2021, according to the latest figures in a report by the state comptroller’s office. The decline nationally was just 1.6 percent.

Local eateries remain half empty while the federal government’s new $1.5 trillion omnibus bill contains $0 in promised restaurant relief funds, prompting an outcry from a sector eviscerated by COVID-19 policies.

“We are beyond disappointed that this massive government funding proposal ignores the needs of 177,300 neighborhood restaurants and bars impacted by the pandemic,” the Independent Restaurant Coalition said this week.

The Biden Administration dished out $26.8 billion in restaurant relief in 2021, but 72 percent of all applicants got nothing. High-profile chefs and restaurants appeared to feast on the federal funds while mom-and-pop eateries were left scrounging for scraps.

“Only 30 percent of federal Restaurant Revitalization Fund dollars made it to the 59 percent of businesses located in (New York City’s) low- and moderate-income communities,” the comptroller’s report states. “The remaining 70 percent went to businesses in more affluent communities.”

David Chang’s Momofuku Group, which operates ritzy restaurants in New York City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Toronto, fattened itself on $6.9 million in taxpayer cash through the 2021 fund.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: March 19, 2022 07:23PM

It is interesting what you have to say. It is the govt's manipulation of our lives which has resulted in these things.

My main concern is the lack of male children and young people. Almost 90 percent of all persons in these age categories are female. It has been noticeable for years now. Maybe 10-15 years at least, maybe more. It is not just in cities, it is everywhere. The men cannot make male babies anymore.

Date: March 20, 2022 10:18PM

Wow, I never knew about that. I did notice in my grandson's nursery school class there are like 8 girls, but only 2 boys.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: March 22, 2022 06:56PM

When I was homeschooling my child, we'd get together with other families doing the same. Two of those families consisted of about 8 girls each. No boys. What the hey...some say it's low testosterone but I wonder if that is not an oversimplification.

There are way too many males in China, and way too many younger females here. I can see what is coming down the pike...

Also, I had heard a few years ago that because Ukraine is such a basket case, some Ukrainian girls are moving to China for opportunities and TO FIND A MAN.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2022 06:58PM by Horsea.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: April 17, 2022 03:06PM

Yes everybody around us has died from the coronavirus vaccine it's a shame almost everybody has died in fact you stole my line where is everybody? Where is everybody? That's my line I've been asking that for months and wherever you go people are like we can't even get people to come into work there's just no people..they said. the great democide ..happened the great government democide happened and none of our heroes were there to save us but I don't know any real foodists who took the jab

Date: April 17, 2022 07:25PM

Hi Coco! Welcome back and glad you're also a Critical Thinker/Skeptic instead of a stupid sheeple.

I do love that there's less people around where I live - in my nearby small town and my small city when I go there shopping. I love that Whole Foods doesn't have long lines like it used to.

Like a month ago or so when I was out and first noticed there are less people around where I live, I was thinking, "Where have all the people gone," and the song "Where have all the flowers gone," got into my head. Song in your head is a connection to whatever-you-prefer-to-call-it. The superconscious, spirit, your angels, etc. So says me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2022 07:53PM by Jennifer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables