Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hemp Seeds for OsteoArthritis
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 01, 2022 10:29PM

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Hemp Seeds = HS
Osteoarthritis = OA
Hemp seeds have lots of the aminoacids arginine and glycine
Hemp seeds are almost a complete protein except for lysine (beans)

Osteoarthritis (OA) is a painful and disabling chronic condition that represents an enormous health as well as economic burden on patients and society [1,2]. The prevalence of hip and knee OA is on the rise due to the increased aging of the population [3].

Body weight reduction and exercise are the first, non-invasive, non-pharmacological approach to managing patients with OA [6,7]. End-stage OA is treated with surgery (particularly knee and hip replacements)

Due to their antioxidants and anti-inflammatory action, the phytochemical constituents of many fruits and vegetable varieties represent an exciting potential new frontier for the treatment of patients with OA [12].

Bioactive substances such as polyphenols and phenolic compounds, proteins, and minerals, also present in HS [32], can contribute to improving painful symptoms in patients with OA, improving their quality of life [33,34,35]. These compounds act rapidly, even only after 28 days of treatment [36].

ALP is involved in the formation of the bone matrix, which is one of the most important biomarkers of osteoblast activity and maturation [59]. COL1A is the main component of the bone matrix, which helps to counteract the deformation and fracture mechanisms of the bone [60]. Torricelli et al. showed that arginine, which is present in HS [40], increases several markers of bone formation including ALP and COL1A [61].

Several studies confirm that HS, with its mix of bioactive molecules, promotes the synthesis of the bone matrix protein and the differentiation of osteoblasts [63,64,65]. This effect could be related to phenolic compounds, as ferulic acid, which was already demonstrated to increase ALP activity and synthesis of Type I collagen [66].

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hemp Seeds for OsteoArthritis
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: April 03, 2022 02:53AM

That's good to know, Panchito! I was taking about 2 tsp. of hemp seeds a day for years, and one thing that I know for sure. At least for me - when I take hemp seeds, I have very few hairs coming out when I comb my hair. When I stop eating the hemp seeds for a while, I shed more hairs. At least that was the case for years, but now I stopped the hemp seeds a couple months ago and my hair's been fine. Nutiva - for me the brand makes a big difference - has info on how Hemp seeds are the perfect Omega ratio.

Re: Hemp Seeds for OsteoArthritis
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 05, 2022 12:42AM

The hair could be related to the high content of the aminoacid arginine. Arginine stimulates the growth hormone during sleep. This hormone repairs tissues and may "grow" the hair by stimulation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2022 12:42AM by Panchito.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables