Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The fruit that will rebuild your brain
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 24, 2022 10:33PM

The answer is coffee fruit (without the seed).

[file.scirp.org]

BDNF = Brain Derived Neurotropic Factor
WCFC = Whole Coffee Fruit Concentrate

BDNF exerts several effects in the central nervous system: it regulates the development and differentiation of new neurons [5-7] and promotes neuron survival [8-10]; it influences mood and depression [11-13]; it controls sleep [14] and modulates appetite [15,16].

BDNF declines during aging [18] and decreased levels may be associated with depression [19]. Preclinical studies demonstrate that both BDNF and TrkB receptor agonists have antidepressant effects in an animal model of depression [20-23]. In humans suffering from depression, blood levels of BDNF are lower than in healthy controls [24].

Treatment with WCFC resulted in a statistically significant increase in plasma BDNF compared to placebo (p = 0.0073) or coffee (p = 0.0219) during first 60 minutes. In addition, e isolated exosomes from serum and found that they contained BDNF.

*NOTE: whole coffee fruit is hard to get. The following link is an example easy to obtain that contains the coffee fruit (not the seed) with chemical that increases BDNF

[www.amazon.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The fruit that will rebuild your brain
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: April 25, 2022 04:18PM

That's interesting. I guess it's like the new thing in supplements. I know there's a tea. I wonder about powders. Although a lot of the home remedy anecdotes I read about say how various supplements that are dried powders have helped them. For example - chanca piedra. Every so often I figure I need a dose of Vitamin C - although I already eat loads of fruit - so I take Vitamin C powder that's dried Acai berries.

I'd rather get the fresh fruit or if there are sun-dried coffee berries.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 25, 2022 10:29PM

The coffee plant is original (Ethiopia) to the area where man is supposed to have made the final step. Nobody knew how man got the brain density. Coffee fruit could have played a role. Coffee houses where originally known for talking, Coffee (better coffee fruit) makes you talk and that makes more connections and creates stories. Man is the story creator animal.

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: April 26, 2022 03:19AM

Yes, that's one thing I don't like about when people have coffee. Especially my husband - after he drinks coffee, he talks his a*s off. eye rolling smiley And that's one reason I base my opinion on coffee (that it's not 'good for us') because it makes people hyper. Also it's addictive, it messes with your heart (my sister swears her heart got messed up and she had to have some procedure done because of coffee), and when you try to quit you often get headaches. Not to mention coffee breath ...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables