Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The secret for more energy
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: May 10, 2022 08:25PM

The secret for more energy is iron. Many people don't thrive because of low iron. Honey will significantly increase your iron levels (even in carnivores). Iron supplements are bad. If you take a teaspoon of honey before a meal, it will also multiply the effect of the meal. I think that pollen has iron too.

[pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

It may be concluded that honey increased antioxidant agents, serum iron and blood indices, and trace elements and decreased immunoglobulin E, liver and muscle enzymes, and fasting blood sugar in healthy subjects.

Results showed that honey increased antioxidant agents.

It increased blood vitamin C concentration by 47%,
beta-carotene by 3%,
uric acid by 12%,
and glutathione reductase by 7%.

Honey increased serum iron by 20%
decreased plasma ferritin by 11%.

It increased the percentage of monocytes by 50%,
and increased lymphocyte and eosinophil percentages slightly.

Honey reduced serum immunoglobulin E by 34%
increased serum copper by 33%.

It decreased aspartate transaminase by 22% and alanine transaminase by 18%.

Honey markedly reduced lactic acid dehydrogenase by 41%,
decreased creatinine kinase by 33%,
and reduced fasting blood sugar by 5%.

It caused slight elevations in blood zinc and magnesium, hemoglobin, and packed cell volume.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2022 08:26PM by Panchito.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The secret for more energy
Date: May 10, 2022 10:11PM

One way to tell if you are low in iron is if you think you have lactic acid accumulation

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Lactic Acidosis as a Result of Iron Deficiency

It is concluded that iron deficiency by a depletion in the iron-containing mitochondrial enzyme, a-glycerophosphate oxidase, impairs glycolysis, resulting in excess lactate formation, which at high levels leads to cessation of physical activity.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 11, 2022 08:46PM

Higher energy is achieved
By eating higher amount of raw food.

Wheres the evidence that a high raw food eater is low in iron

Date: May 11, 2022 09:39PM

Well, it may not be straight forward. For example, the trick could be in the iron being available and being in its best form.

But the study above showed that honey also increase serum copper by 33%. Copper also has an energetic effect.

The following link shows how this can have a positive effect on energy.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Copper is incorporated into a variety of proteins and metalloenzymes which perform essential metabolic functions; the micronutrient is necessary for the proper growth, development, and maintenance of bone, connective tissue, brain, heart, and many other body organs. Similarly to some other divalent ions, copper strongly interacts with lipid membranes[2] and is involved in the formation of red blood cells, the absorption and utilization of iron, the metabolism of cholesterol and glucose, and the synthesis and release of life-sustaining proteins and enzymes. These enzymes in turn produce cellular energy and regulate nerve transmission, blood clotting, and oxygen transport.

Copper stimulates the immune system to fight infections, to repair injured tissues, and to promote healing. Copper also helps to neutralize "free-radicals", which can cause severe damage to cells.

Copper's essentiality was first discovered in 1928, when it was demonstrated that rats fed a copper-deficient milk diet were unable to produce sufficient red blood cells.[3] The anemia was corrected by the addition of copper-containing ash from vegetable or animal sources.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: May 11, 2022 11:11PM

They say that drinking black tea reduces iron in your body, ie, the two are antagonistic. So I wonder what would be the effect of drinking black tea sweetened with honey. A member of my household does this, a few times a day. eye rolling smiley

Date: May 12, 2022 08:25PM

As I understand, the black tea would reduce absorption of iron. Honey enhances absorption because of the copper effect. I would not worry too much.

The following link shows how honey can have another energetic effect but on males only (hormonal). I think I'll stop posting more honey stuff just in case.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

In conclusion, collectively, the main stream of this specific research approach reveals that oral administration of honey enhances serum testosterone level in males. The mechanisms by which honey increases serum testosterone may be by enhancing the production of luteinizing hormone, enhancing the viability of Leydig cells, reducing testicular oxidative injury, enhancing StAR gene expression, and inhibiting aromatase activity in the testes (Fig. 1). In addition, honey has been found to contain various bioactive compounds (e.g., phenolic acids) that may improve testosterone production.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: May 13, 2022 05:44AM

The secret to having more energy does exist in the diet somewhat such as avoiding toxic foods, and more raw sure, but don't neglet Tonic herbs (glands & hormone regulation).

But you want more energy? Go run up a mountain every day. Then, bathe naked in a WILD water source. Then get naked Sun/Light for at least 20 minutes on all sides of the body. You will be unstoppable....

Date: May 15, 2022 01:12AM

Here is another food that supposedly increases energy on males. It works using the same method as honey.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

In summary, there is an evidence that onions enhance testosterone level in males. The mechanisms by which this occurs is mainly by increasing the production of luteinizing hormone, enhancing the antioxidant defense mechanism in the tests, neutralizing the damaging effects of the generated free radicals, ameliorating insulin resistance, promoting nitric oxide production, and altering the activity of adenosine 5'-monophosphate -activated protein kinase.

The amount of the produced testosterone by Leydig cells is under the control of luteinizing hormone [33,34].

It is worth mentioning that Okinawans, the longest-living people out of any state or country in the world according to the World Health Organization reports, were found to consume habitually considerable amounts of certain vegetables including onions [16]. Besides, surprisingly, serum testosterone was found to be higher in Okinawan men compared, for examples, with the age-matched Americans [16]. This could be an evidence that onions may have a potential impact on general health in men.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2022 01:16AM by Panchito.

Date: May 15, 2022 11:48AM

1. Forest... Trees

2. Never been all raw for a year or more panchito?

Date: May 15, 2022 10:53PM

I've been raw for more than a year.

This is an interview of Frederic Patenaude (popular back then). It is nice to see a broad range of contrasting opinions (then and now) and how they came about.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 16, 2022 01:48PM

Panchito
I've been raw for more than a year.

This is an interview of Frederic Patenaude (popular back then). It is nice to see a broad range of contrasting opinions (then and now) and how they came about.

[www.youtube.com]

And were you fatigued while you were raw?

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: May 16, 2022 05:02PM

But you want more energy? Go run up a mountain every day. Then, bathe naked in a WILD water source. Then get naked Sun/Light for at least 20 minutes on all sides of the body. You will be unstoppable....

Where do you get the energy to run up the mountain if you are feeling weak? I don't mean weak because you haven't eaten enough on one particular day, but chronic lack of high energy. There's probably a billion people in that category. We were not all designed to ever be energetic enough to run up a mountain. The Creator created different constitutional types.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2022 05:02PM by Horsea.

Date: May 16, 2022 08:06PM

fresh

Yes. I remember that I had 'easy bruises.' That does not mean that raw food is bad but that it is more complex than what it appears.

Date: May 16, 2022 10:27PM

Panchito
fresh

Yes. I remember that I had 'easy bruises.' That does not mean that raw food is bad but that it is more complex than what it appears.

We need to clean out and eat proper foods.

If either doesnt happen then problems can occur like fatigue or whatever

My point is that saying get more iron when there are bigger issues (like "cooked food causing fatigue" or too much fats causing problems etc) is not going to solve an energy problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2022 10:32PM by fresh.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: May 18, 2022 01:26PM

Horsea

Where do you get the energy to run up the mountain if you are feeling weak? I don't mean weak because you haven't eaten enough on one particular day, but chronic lack of high energy. There's probably a billion people in that category. We were not all designed to ever be energetic enough to run up a mountain. The Creator created different constitutional types.

Oh contrare, WE ARE designed to run up mountains.That's why I tell people to read the book "Primitive Man" freely available at the Soil & Health Library online, as it chronicles the near superhuman like physicality of humans when the Euro whites arrived.

Running up mountains GIVES you energy to well, run up mountains. But don't forget the WILD water dunking, that cleans the Aura/Energy Field and definitely contributes to MORE ENERGY. Most humans as they get older have only enough energy to turn on the electric bike and ride around PRETENDING to exert themselves.

"Use it on LOOSE it".

"To REST is to RUST!", Paul Bragg.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables