Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The most antiaging raw food
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: May 24, 2022 08:33PM

The most anti-aging raw food according with science is: durian fruit and the germ of raw sprouts

Explanation: the germ part of sprouts contain the highest level of spermidine of any food (plant or animal).

For those that are not allergic to wheat, there is a cheap food called raw wheat germ that has the highest level of spermidine of any food. It is also inexpensive. The food industry removes the germ on wheat flour because it has fat and oxidizes, which gives a short shelve time to the product. Other foods contain spermidine but at a much lower level. Cosmetically, it is reported that spermidine brings back the color of aged hair. It also regrows hair and makes it thicker.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Spermidine is a natural polyamine present in all living organisms that is critically involved in the maintenance of cellular homeostasis. This chemical affects numerous biological processes, including cell growth and proliferation, tissue regeneration, DNA and RNA stabilization, enzymatic modulation, and regulation of translation, among others [1–3].

Many of these anti-aging properties have been causally linked to the capacity of spermidine to ensure proteostasis through the stimulation of cytoprotective macroautophagy [15–17]. Age-associated conditions including cancer, neurodegeneration and cardiovascular diseases are directly connected to the intracellular accumulation of toxic debris, and its removal by autophagy constitutes a well-documented avenue for protection against age and disease [18–20].

A remarkable exception to this decline in spermidine levels are healthy nonagenarians and centenarians, who retain whole-blood concentrations reminiscent of younger (middle-aged) individuals [26].

In mice, the concentration of spermidine in the gut lumen has been shown to directly depend on the colonic microbiota [33]. Interestingly, these effects can be enhanced, if combined with additional supplementation of arginine, a polyamine precursor [36]. Thus, arginine may be considered as a prebiotic for stimulating intestinal spermidine synthesis.

food items with high spermidine content can contribute to raising the bioavailability of this polyamine. Such spermidine-rich food items comprise unprocessed plant-derived foods including the durian fruit, shitake mushrooms, fresh green pepper, wheat germ, amaranth grain, cauliflower and broccoli, just to mention a few, but also products resulting from fermentation processes that involve polyamine-generating bacteria and fungi, e.g. soybean products such as natto or many types of mature cheese [38].

Recently, for the first time, an epidemiological study has reported a positive association between nutritional spermidine uptake and human health span and lifespan [38].

The age-protective effects of increased spermidine intake are in line with the paradigm that a decline of spermidine concentration upon aging is not only causally linked to reduced health- and lifespan, but that it might be reversed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The most antiaging raw food
Posted by: timetoseek ()
Date: May 28, 2022 02:20AM

Good tip...
regarding durian, you can find it in freeze-dried form sold in Asian markets (or, frozen, if you are lucky). I love it, but definitely it is not for everyone-- try a little at first, the taste and smell of durian is not for everyone...

Posted by: ReubenT ()
Date: May 30, 2022 01:32AM

I had a frozen Durian once, it was good tasting. I hear they pick the least rotten smelling Durian for export. Where it's grown I've heard it's not allowed to carry it on public transport in some locations, it smells too bad. If I lived where it grew I'd intentionally overlook the odour and pretend I liked it and eat plenty of it. When one pretends to like something intentionally it reacts on the mind and after some time you really do start liking it. Sprouts I can do, and do do often. Lentils are the easiest I think. They sprout fast and make nice salad addition. Or by themselves with a little dressing.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: May 31, 2022 12:37AM

Agreed that lentils are the easiest to sprout. However, for my part, I have to blanch all sprouts for a few seconds to get rid of that raw-bean taste. Even mung bean sprouts, but I guess it's just me because my son likes his sprouts raw. Different strokes, etc...

I haven't had durian for years but I am going to take another crack at it. I found the smell bad but bearable.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: June 19, 2022 11:41PM

Panchito
The most anti-aging raw food according with science is: durian fruit and the germ of raw sprouts

Explanation: the germ part of sprouts contains the highest level of spermidine of any food (plant or animal).

That does not make sense. You do not have to read the scientific papers to know that the statement is totally false.

The most anti-aging lifestyle is having a diet that promotes a healthy digestive system. It is not a one food thing, it is a lifestyle that includes diet, exercise, mental attitude, and rest.

You can eat tons of durians but if your digestive system is dirty you are going to age.

I have not been reading the forum for some time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables