Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

pomegranate?
Posted by: Pyratekk ()
Date: January 19, 2007 03:44PM

I saw a cooking show recently where the cook used pomegranate in her fruit salad. I've heard of this fruit but have never tasted it. For those of you who have - could anyone give me the lowdown?

What does it taste like? How do you eat it?

~Christi~
Natural Living Info
AP/NL mama to Jacob 10/25/2006

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: pomegranate?
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: January 19, 2007 03:57PM

Pomegranates are tart and juicy. They are so fun to eat. You cut off the ends and you will be able to see the "chambers" where the little balls of juice are. Pull away the membrane and the little balls spill out. You may have to dig some out. I give them to my kids to go to town on and their faces are covered with magenta colored juice. I put them in all my salads, including green leaf. They are really fantastic tasting and eye appealing. I think there is a website for recipes somewhere.

Posted by: Pyratekk ()
Date: January 19, 2007 04:05PM

I'm sure I can use trusty google and find it (the site for recipes) - they sound so fun and interesting! I'm definitely going to get one to try today smiling smiley

~Christi~
Natural Living Info
AP/NL mama to Jacob 10/25/2006

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: January 19, 2007 04:21PM

The individual "grains" actually look a lot like ruby red corn! The seeds within the grains get stuck between my teeth though too much! They are a bit hard. Overall though, its an good tasting fruit.

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: January 19, 2007 04:56PM

They are great to eat! I love 'em. One thing I do know, and this is one of the few things I know about the bible, is that pomegranates were used as a metaphor for the vagina. Cool eh? I think it is kinda neat to connect things metaphorically like that.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: January 19, 2007 05:07PM

Very interesting!! The bible is crazy.

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: January 19, 2007 07:27PM

there are old testament references, especially in the Song of Solomon. I thought it was cool anyway. those crazy izrealites were always down for a sex party... actually I have no idea

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables