Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Viktoras Kulvinskas - Fully Blind and Mostly Deaf
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: April 06, 2023 04:23AM

At this point let's be honest, pursue a fully raw vegan diet at your own risk. From 19 on I worshiped Vik. Bought all his books. Bought all his Celltech video tapes. Forced myself onto diets consisting of mostly sprouts and wheatgrass juice. He promised physical immortality, that I would be as young at 600 as I would at 60.

Well reality does not equal theory:
Viktoras Go Fund Me for his physical deterioration

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Viktoras Kulvinskas - Fully Blind and Mostly Deaf
Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: April 07, 2023 09:00PM

I see that V.K. also has false teeth. Well, here's the bald faced truth, folks: there are tons of 82 year olds who are either deaf, (legally) blind or toothless. And they are meat- and dairy-eaters. Did they all preach meat-eating as necessary? I imagine a few of them did. I have a couple of relatives who have been nasty to me in this way. eye popping smiley

I wish V.K. had not waited until he was completely and totally decrepit before he made a connection between diet and health which would cause him some ideological pain and confusion. It would be nice if ALL promoters of difficult-to-follow diets would admit that they can't do this forever even though they felt great for a few years. It is not a sin or a crime to be open in these kinds of matters.

I just had a cup of black tea and 3, count 'em, THREE chocolate chip cookies. Not the vegan kind, either. Am I forever banned? I don't know if there is even anyone left here to condemn or forgive me.

I'd opine that a fully raw vegan diet is doable if carefully planned, ie, study nutrition until you're crosseyed; take the right supplements; consult with those who will tell you the truth about diet & health, people with no agenda; and so on and so forth.

I could not stick with it, however. That is just reality. We should not undertake any kind of highly restricted regimen if it is just too difficult for us. So, let's donate some money to animal protection organizations and try to be kind to animals in general. Because ultimately it is not about your perfect health, it is about other things.

Posted by: doghouse reilly ()
Date: February 02, 2024 02:32AM

It's kind of ridiculous to use Viktoras as an example of a raw vegan diet being insufficient for maintaining health and vitality. His versions of raw vegan diet have been very low calorie and quite weird, frankly speaking. Is it surprising that living on 200 calories a day of sprouts and Wheatgrass for years at a time and then (by his own admission) binging and engaging in bulemic behaviors before pendulum-swinging back to a restrictive version of raw vegan would not support optimum hearing and seeing or strength and vitality?

Date: February 05, 2024 05:48PM

doghouse reilly
It's kind of ridiculous to use Viktoras as an example of a raw vegan diet being insufficient for maintaining health and vitality. His versions of raw vegan diet have been very low calorie and quite weird, frankly speaking. Is it surprising that living on 200 calories a day of sprouts and Wheatgrass for years at a time and then (by his own admission) binging and engaging in bulemic behaviors before pendulum-swinging back to a restrictive version of raw vegan would not support optimum hearing and seeing or strength and vitality?

You make a valid point, namely, the devil's in the details. There is a terrible prejudice against anyone who does not wish to eat animal products. Some folks will always find someone who is either #1 a rawfooder, #2 vegan or #3 vegetarian and is in poor health or has even just one health challenge - and then stick this under your nose.

My response is to state the simple truth: everyone I know or see or hear about who has the same health problems (as vegans, rawfooders, etc.) is a meat and dairy and egg eater.

Posted by: doghouse reilly ()
Date: February 07, 2024 05:10AM

Horsea

My response is to state the simple truth: everyone I know or see or hear about who has the same health problems (as vegans, rawfooders, etc.) is a meat and dairy and egg eater.

Yes, this is very true...somehow vegan health issues are always caused by veganism, but when anyone else has a health issue it's just considered normal.

Date: February 14, 2024 05:19AM

doghouse reilly
Horsea

Yes, this is very true...somehow vegan health issues are always caused by veganism, but when anyone else has a health issue it's just considered normal.

Thanks for your comment!

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: February 17, 2024 12:12AM

There is no prejudice against vegans here. Viktoras Kulvinskas wrote books, had a website, and promoted his diet for long-lasting health and longevity. He needs to be judged by the fruits of what he promoted.

And the problem is not veganism, the problem is HIS DIET. The diet he was promoting was not optimal even if it was vegan. Wheatgrass and sprout. These are supplements not whole food for long-lasting health. I grow wheatgrass and sprouts but they are only a small portion of my food, I see them as supplements, I need greens, carrots, and other raw foods.

He should look better than most SAD eaters at 82 but he is not.
Vegans like Brian Clement and Gabriel Cousens are good examples of what it takes to be a pioneer in spreading the good news of a proper vegan diet and they will look very good at 82.

Date: February 18, 2024 02:39PM

100 YEAR OLD makes a major splash at Diving World Championships | NBC Sports
Imagine this guy was on raw food.

[www.youtube.com]

Viktoras Kulvinskas before 82

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2024 02:45PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 18, 2024 06:04PM

So nobody knows why he is blind?

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 19, 2024 01:35PM

Most likely vit A and or D I suppose

Date: February 19, 2024 04:49PM

Many are doing the vegan diet the right way with green juice and other raw food

Mimi Kirk at 82 years young

[www.youtube.com]

How to make Detox and slimming green juice
[www.youtube.com]

Viktoras Kulvinskas

The problem with sprout is that they have not made fully available the nutrients they carry, they are not like micro greens that have roots in the soil.

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: February 23, 2024 03:23PM

All of nature eats raw - that's the defining factor.

Date: February 26, 2024 06:57AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables