Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Zoodles -- any way to make them more cooked spaghetti-like?
Posted by: Diana (Cda) ()
Date: May 26, 2023 01:04PM

Hello!

I've been trying to love zoodles for many, many years. But the fact of the matter is that I find raw zucchini is just not my thing! I've not found any way to make its texture more resembled the full-bodied texture and flavour that cooked pasta has. And if there's one thing I've found is that there is always a way to make raw food resemble cooked food close enough to be satisifed when there's an odd craving for a cooked food, of which pasta is my last hold-out remnant! <lol>

i.e., I have a lovely recipe from one of my books that has chards and spinach put in the dehydrator for a relatively short period of time and it comes out like cooked greens and I love it, yet knowing it's nearly 100% healthy! (Raw is 100% best, of course, but we can "cheat" sometimes).

Or when I "crave meat", which is not craving meat but craving the flavour, I guess I could describe it, well a mushroom/walnut raw vegan meal satisfies that 100%.

So if anyone has figured out the mystery of transforming zoodles (zucchini noodles) into something approaching the texture of cooked noodles, I'd greatly appreciate it. The rest is easy, sauces and parmesan-like topping, easy-peasy.

Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Zoodles -- any way to make them more cooked spaghetti-like?
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: July 13, 2023 09:29PM

Yeah, I don't like vegetable noodles, either. It's difficult for me to eat raw vegetables because I just don't like them, except tomatoes. Now I get my raw vegetables by juicing. I used to have a green smoothie every day with raw vegetables in it, but then I got sick of it.

I love the raw greens dehydrated in the oven, also!

Right now my favorite raw meal is cherries dipped in Artisana Crunchy Raw Pecan Butter. Delicious!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2023 09:30PM by Jennifer.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: August 06, 2023 01:04AM

How on earth can they make and bottle raw nut butters? Doesn't everything have to be pasteurized or else it goes moldy?

In any case, your raw meal sounds wonderful.

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: August 16, 2023 10:32PM

Maybe nuts don't get moldy. I worry more that nut butters are rancid, like some people think all oils are rancid. I want to buy some unshelled brazil nuts - like from Nuts.com - and eat one a day to provide all the daily selenium we need. They're a touch nut to crack - lol - so I bought a special Nut Cracker. The Texan York Nut Sheller.

Also, if you soak them in water for like 12 hours or something, they're much easier to open.

Date: August 25, 2023 05:44AM

Thanks for advice on soaking Brazil nuts. I have various sorts of nut crackers and none of them are particularly suitable for Brazils. So, I wrap the nut in a piece of cloth and use a hammer.

Posted by: doghouse reilly ()
Date: February 10, 2024 08:40PM

I find cucumber noodles much more palatable than zucchini noodles.

Date: February 14, 2024 05:04AM

doghouse reilly

Standard issue store bought zucchini are not too tasty. If you want really good tasting zucchini you have to grow it yourself or get some from somebody who grows it in their garden. IMO the best variety (heirloom) is Costata Romanesco. Cocozelle is quite nice, too.

Posted by: doghouse reilly ()
Date: February 14, 2024 07:59PM

Horsea
doghouse reilly

Standard issue store bought zucchini are not too tasty. If you want really good tasting zucchini you have to grow it yourself or get some from somebody who grows it in their garden. IMO the best variety (heirloom) is Costata Romanesco. Cocozelle is quite nice, too.

Thanks for the tips, I'll try to locate some of those seeds.

Date: February 17, 2024 04:21AM

@doghouse reilly. You should have no difficulty finding the above mentioned zucchini seeds. Lots of seed companies sell themm. The Costata variety is the better of the two, though the Cocozelle is better than the hybrids you buy at the grocery store.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables