Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: plant omega3 fatty acids: good for the bones
Posted by: khale ()
Date: February 03, 2007 01:47PM

Gosia wrote:

khale, I read a little bit about you on another thread. Now I see why you would say that bread is not bad. Your delivery of the verdict "both guilty" was quite cute. What's the punishment? Can I get a lifetime of hard work in the orchard pretty pleease?

Gosia you really might want to check your blood sugar. You are really quite cranky and mean. Methinks that is punishment enough.

khale

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: February 03, 2007 10:26PM

You see what you want to see, khale.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: February 03, 2007 10:44PM

">To me, these would be things that I could learn from you far more than from the second-hand quotes that you give.

I don't think so!"

??? Then provide me the proof of the fact that the way I learn is different from the one I describe.

"I really don't understand your point of view."

The fact that you do not understand my point of view does not mean it is invalid. It only means that YOU do not understand it, no more than than.

As I said, I am far more interested in learning from a person who, in my view, understands how to live healthily, than from someone who knows a lot about vitamins but nothing about how to live healthily. I have good reasons for that, but I do not believe that I would be able to make you understand them. As Bryan said, I may as well speak Greek to you. Oops, you actually would understand Greek. I can speak some Greek too! Well, let's make it Polish then. smiling smiley

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: February 04, 2007 06:54AM

Damn I run out of internet time lol! I actually wanted to say something more.

Thanks arugula for giving some interesting titbits about yourself. I noticed that you said on another thread that you've been high raw vegan for 3 years:

"Mediterranean-SAD fusion to age 16, "healthy" Mediterranean with occasional fish to 28, vegetarian Mediterranean with whole grains to about 38, high f+v to 40, high f+v high raw vegan to current age (43)."

How do you define high raw vegan? Do you eat cooked food a few times a week, a few times a month? Is it planned? Have you noticed any change at all in your eating patterns since you went raw?

Also, I've been wondering about what you said:

"I didn't have any health problems"

Do you believe that eating cooked food diet for 40 years can spare anyone from health problems?

======================================================

suncloud, you've touched some important issues here. I agree completely that growing one's own food is the important avenue. I find the issue of grafting very difficult to deal with. For me, the immediate goal as a provider is to ensure that my family gets the best fruit we can get, and I can't think of anything better than home-grown. The financial and practical (such as the size of our land) constraints do not allow me to wait forever to wait for that to happen. I still think that you do a very valid point. I would love to explore some practical solutions, if you have any to share. Today, when I was in the Botanical Gardens with our raw friends, we all could feel the connection with the nature. I feel that us humans are meant to be close to nature, much closer than it is being practiced in our civilization. I feel a true connection to our origin as frugivorous primates living in the forest, the lost primal paradise.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: February 04, 2007 07:37AM

Interesting find!

"Current research suggests preventive and health beneficial effects of a rare seven-carbon sugar called Mannoheptulose commonly found in avocado"

"If you are suffering from hypoglycemia (low blood sugar levels), which is caused by high insulin levels, Mannoheptulose qualifies as an excellent food supplement, like avocados as a food source."

"Based on these studies, there is good reason to believe that this avocado extract (D-Mannoheptulose) could help cancer patients by limiting glucose uptake of tumor cells."

I ask, what could have caused hypoglycemia/cancer in the first place? Could this have anything to do with one's diet? Is there any chance at all that a person suffering from hypoglycemia/cancer can benefit in any way at all by changing their diet, perhaps even switching to raw vegan? Is avocado by any change a hint pointing in some direction, such as including more of the food like avocado (raw vegan) in one's diet, or perhaps even have a diet entirely based on such foods? Is extracting stuff from avocado the best solution that there is out there? What about the rest of the avocado???

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: February 04, 2007 08:28AM

Sorry, I meant to submit the last post to another thread!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 04, 2007 08:31AM

Hi Rawgosia,

Yes, I agree! It must have been fun swingin' from those trees.

About planting fruit trees, often, when planting from seed, it seems like it takes forever to get fruit. And then when it comes, it's junk. The fact is, my husband and I planted a lot of grafted trees, not just for us, but also because we intended to sell fruit, and retailers want known varieties.

But we also planted several ungrafted trees of varieties that these days are usually always grafted. A few of those trees are now bearing fruit, and most of it is really good. In fact, some of it is better than the grafted stuff IMO.

If you think you have room, maybe plant just one or two fruit trees from seed. If you don't think you have room to take that chance, don't let that bother you too much. Anybody that's planting any kind of trees is already doing a great thing for the planet.

If you happen to know or meet some older country folk in your area, they might be able to tell you about existing older orchards that have ungrafted trees. You might have a better chance of getting good fruit from seed if you get seeds out of that orchard.

Also, there may be some fruits that grow well in your area that are never grafted and are always grown from seed. We planted a lot of those.

And you might try checking to see what wild fruits grow in your area that you could maybe grow on your place.

Thanks. I love making suggestions. smiling smiley

Date: February 04, 2007 08:39AM

Thanks heaps! Great tips! Much appreciation here! smiling smiley

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables