Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw olives
Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: January 22, 2007 06:03AM

Is there anything special about them, other than what we already know about cold pressed olive oil? A while ago, I bought some, and put them on my salads.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw olives
Posted by: uma ()
Date: January 22, 2007 06:25AM

Some rawwies say olives aren't a natural food for humans cuz you could never eat them straight off the tree, you have to cure them first.

I personally am in love with Peruvian Sundried Olives, which are oily, kind of bitter, and somehow remind me of chocolate! This is the only olive I've found that wasn't cured in salt. I don't eat salt so my choices are limited. But if you don't mind the salt you have many more options.

As a fat, olives seem to digest easier for me than nuts & seeds.

Love,
Uma

Date: January 22, 2007 07:03AM

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 22, 2007 07:11AM

I dread going by the olives bar because I know and agree with you UMA..I wish they were raw and fresh, with the life force intact..

if I make food for others I add some like here in this tomato cucumber lemonjuice soup

alot of raw foodists, like david wolfe, and oh he happens to sell it too! ..believe that olive oil is really really good for you.

When transitioning to raw at first i used alot , because I could not eat greens without oil and salt..but now if I eat oil I instantly get nauseus, but only for a second..like a whiff of ill..

I wish it were raw, they are tasty, but it could also be they are so salty and maybe salt craving/.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2007 07:13AM by coconutcream.

Date: January 22, 2007 07:13AM

Thanks alot Suvine, that looks sooo delicious and all the health food stores are closed right now! winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables