Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: candida from fruit only
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 01, 2007 06:53AM

Hi minou33,

So glad you're feeling better. Just thought I'd warn you, watch out for those herbal laxatives. You're body can become dependent.

Hope you continue to do well!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: February 02, 2007 05:46PM

Thanks for sharing deemel. Congratulations on taking control of your health!

I am very intrigued now by 80/10/10 and will have to try it.

Posted by: chilove ()
Date: February 04, 2007 03:27AM

Hi there,

I also got rid of candida via a high fruit/no overt fat diet. As long as I keep my fat low I don't get yeast infections. I have a little too much fat they will come back so I know it is the fat that causes them. I have much more energy, strength, happiness and sleep better than when I was eating a high fat, gourmet type raw diet.

All the best,

Audrey

Posted by: minou33 ()
Date: February 05, 2007 01:07AM

I have cut my fat intake. I used to have several glasses of almond milk a day along with coconut butter and olive oil in salad. Now I drink only 3-4 cups of nut milk a week (and have also use less nuts and dilute it more) and have been using less oils. But now my symptoms seem to be coming back and right now I have developed an UTI. I am really distressed by this... I feel as if I should be healthier now than ever.

Is there some overt fat I am eating that I a am not aware of? Overt fats used to be a big part of my diet before raw (i cooked constantly with oils and added them to everything!) so I don't know why they would be giving me a problem now. The only source of over fat I eat right now is almond butter (which I put on dates) and 1 T of oil on a salad. Is this still too much?

I have been eating a lot of high-glycemic foods like kiwi an dates. I am a date junkie. And I eat a lot of bananas & berries... I don't know why all this is happening. I am extremely discouraged!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 05, 2007 07:35AM

minou33,

Why not try no fats for a while, until the symptoms go away, and then slowly reintroduce fats back into the diet? 1 T oil and an entire head of lettuce is a meal that is 60% fat.

As you cut down your oil consumption, you are going to need more calories to compensate. This means to eat even more fresh fruit.

Have you considered eating only bananas for a week, to see how that changes things for you? People who have played with this have had great results.

Date: February 05, 2007 07:35AM

minou33,

Why not try no fats for a while, until the symptoms go away, and then slowly reintroduce fats back into the diet? 1 T oil and an entire head of lettuce is a meal that is 60% fat.

As you cut down your oil consumption, you are going to need more calories to compensate. This means to eat even more fresh fruit.

Have you considered eating only bananas for a week, to see how that changes things for you? People who have played with this have had great results.

Date: February 05, 2007 07:45AM

minou33,

The thing about eating only bananas, you get to see if the appetite you have is of the mind or of the body. When I eat mutiple foods, that is several kinds of fruits, or worse, mix them together in a smoothie, my appetite is stimulated. By eating only bananas, you get to see what it feels like to be satiated on fruit, and when you eat, you know its not going to be a stimulated appetite, but real hunger.

So you get two benefits from a week of all bananas. The first is zero overt fats. The second is this issue about real hunger versus appetite and the prevention of overeating and a satiation from your food.

Posted by: debbie ()
Date: February 06, 2007 02:32PM

please can someone explain what is 80/10/10? and what are the overt fats??
thanks!

Date: February 06, 2007 04:03PM

Overt fats are explained in this thread called "Questions about "overt fat"".

The 80/10/10 is a diet, and the numbers come from 80% carb, 10% protein, and 10% fat. There is a book about described in this thread My copy of The 80/10/10 Diet arrived today smiling smiley.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 06, 2007 10:50PM

Help! You seem like a great group to ask about this...I've been very well informed and connected to my body for years but suddenly I'm not sure which way to go.

I just came off 16 days of the Master Cleanser. Felt great, but was having some mild candida symptoms (used to have it big time and still wrestle with it) so I came off of it and determined I would do the Body Ecology plan; lean protein, lots of veggies, no wheat/dairy/sugar, food combining...but everything I eat makes me react now with allergy/candida. I feel worse than ever! My plan had been 40 days on the Master Cleanser, then a fruitarian lifestyle 80% of the time. I think my body is confused and now nothing seems to feel right.

I'm a Kundalini yoga teacher and a certified Hypnotherapist, so I feel like I know deep down what to do, but fear and discomfort are getting in the way. Raw food and fruitarian predmoninant has been my dream for years. But now I worry about my candida getting out of hand. My first 10 or 12 days on the MC were awesome! Felt great, slept well, only needed 6 hours, did yoga, was soo excited. I wonder if the symptoms I saw as candida were just mild detox symptoms working through in a second wave since it was day 16. My body is so responsive and suggestible, I think stopping the cleanse abruptly and introducing flesh protein again was a mistake.

Should I jump back on it, continue cleansing as planned and then do the fruitarian thing trusting in my body to find its own balance? I don't want to have to eat meat or soy (never tolerated that well cause of the candida).

Any intuitive healers out there with knowledge of all this to help me find the way? I'm doing a session (hypno) later tonight (I hope) but I'm looking for clarity!

Thanks for listening too winking smiley

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables