Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Please give me your advice!!
Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: January 23, 2007 01:56PM

Hi

I started a diary on the diary forum.

I would LOVE your oppinion, advice on my diet.

I've been transitioning for 2 years...FOOD ADDICT!

I've been ALMOST raw for about a week...
I think I am eating WAY TOOO MUCH!
WHo said you cannot get enough calories on raw??

I woudl LOVE to go 811, Ihave the book, but I am craving fat (nuts/seeds) with sugar - agave, raw honey a lot at night!

Thanx in advance!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Please give me your advice!!
Posted by: AVOJAMACADA ()
Date: January 23, 2007 04:20PM

IMO-you can't eat too much raw.Munch all day and night and your still heading to the top!!

Cheerios..Dorian

See you at the top!!

Date: January 23, 2007 04:38PM

yawning smiley)

But I think I eat too much!!

especially at night...

hunger no, emotional - YES

Posted by: Witarianin ()
Date: January 23, 2007 05:09PM

Well, The THIRD option is... Parasites. if you crave foods around 2 am, you may have some serious problem.

G.P.Malachow wrote a book on it, as well as many others did I am sure.

LIfe without parasites.

Try Dr.Hulda Clark for more information..

Cheers! winking smiley

Oh, can't eat too much RAW.. is VERY GEneral.
i did overeat on raw, Because of poor time management, and having to large periods of not eating, while working with Extreme intensity. Than after i got done with work i had SOME FOOD.. not until I started to eat i felt hunger.. and I eat, and eat and eat. about 4 times what i NOW on monodiet ingest.

Improperly mixed, to many ingredients, mixed with oil, even raw can "numb" your stomach and allow you to eat WAY to much.

RAW Monodiet makes it MUCH Harder, almost impossible to overeat, but if one wants Very hard than even on water one can overdose. To much IS to much.

Free, Open source.Healthysmiling smiley
F.E.A.R. is
an acronym that stands for, False Evidence Appearing Real
F.A.I.T.H. - the First Attribute IN Thoughtful
Health

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 23, 2007 05:15PM

My 2 cents. I do not follow any raw guru, not into 8/1/1...

Not a fruiturian either. I would be a fruiturian if I could grow my own fruit and get them directly from the trees. The fruit we have been harvested weeks before and lacking in many nutrients.

My fundamental principle whenever possible is to eat food that was still growing few hours ago. This has worked well for me for the past 10 years. That is what animals in the wild do. The next best thing for us is to look into sprouting and indoor greens. There is nothing that can beat the life force in a growing seed.
[www.sproutman.com]

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 24, 2007 02:33AM

often cravings for sweets is caused by a deficiency of the mineral chromium.chromium helps regulate bllod sugar and improves glucose tolerance by increasing insulins efficiency.if u eat more foods rich in this mineral-like broccoli,applea,parsnips,spinach,lettuce,string beans,and cabbage.increase your intake with these foods and juices.if this fails and u still crave sweets-try a chromium supplement of from 50 to 200 mcg.(liquid,trivalent chromium is best).taylor

Date: January 24, 2007 01:49PM

Chromium, as well as other vitamins and hormones are being stolen from our bloodstream by parasites living inside of us.

therefore getting rid of them may be the most healing single thing you can do for yourself.

Parasites don't like green stuff(fresh), they don't like herbs, as well as spicy stuff(red, burning, "pita" spices)

Spices, as well as herbs can be used to make life of "silent killers"inside of us a misery, so they leave our body and our hormones and vitamins to US.

When after a meal parasites eat hormones, and vitamins, sugars you will feel Hunger, as Your body still haven't received its vitamins, AND YOU WILL CONTINUE TO EAT UNTIL PARASITES ARE SATISFIED, so they stop stealing hormones, energy, vitamins, minerals from You.

it's simple and 1st stage takes about 2 weeks.
since parasites can get into your eyes, brain, bones, it can take up to several years on proper diet and hygenic lifestyle to recover health, energy and stamina up to your full potential.

Be careful NOT TO DO anything without having sufficient amount of knowledge in order not to do harm to Yourself.

F.E.A.R. is
Health

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: January 24, 2007 04:13PM

Witarianin, how can I know if I have parasites? And if I can determine, through some sort of testing I guess, that I do indeed have parasites, then what is a good next step? You mention the first stage. What's that?

Taylor, I'll see to it that I get more apples and some of these vegetables. I so crave sweet stuff.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Date: January 24, 2007 06:22PM

the parasite thing creeps me out.well-i hope some of this info helps.thats why i love this site-everyone gives the ideas they have.they put them out there for us to inspect.things we did not even know about...and we can investigate if it is what is wrong with us.i love that.taylor

Date: January 24, 2007 07:45PM

I don't know about parasites..

MAybe...I've done 4 Master cleanses and 2 juice fasts in the last 2 years...

all 10-15 days in lenght...

I never did see any "bugs" in there....

I've done a liver leanse as well....

I addded P&B shakes toward the end of some fasts...

I'd think I was pretty cleaned out in there....

WHat else can I do, I however do not think I have parasites....but could be wrong...

Date: January 25, 2007 04:09AM

Hey guys,
I wrote info on parasites as a mean to empower You to be aware of what(can) ruin your life, life of 87% of people on earth, not to scare anybody.

I think i know nothing about it compared to dr. Hulda Clark, which devoted her life to finding cures and causes of ALL Known to HUMAN diseases.. i think about 40 Years during which she worked for government, and invented bioresonance apparatus.

And as Dr.Graham says he will use only natural ways of healing body at a natural pace: = fruit, water fasting IS BEST.
Yet he mentions that if it can save a human life he will not have a second thought as if he should use "any means necessary" to save a life..
Of course he never found anything other than water, or fruit to be necessary to heal one's body up to a full potential, and I Agree with Him 100%.

Yet i found 40 years+ of experience that Dr Hulda have devoted to healing some incurable diseases using: science, common sense + avoiding toxic lethal chemicals that We ARE EVERYDAY(unless living in ashram/ out in nature) Absorbing WITHOUT knowledge of it.
GReat example IS CLEAR Uncarbonated WATER in a plastic bottles.
It IS contaminated with various chemicals, and toxic fractions of alcohol(benzen if i'm right) that as ONLY FOOD Can keep our cancer, or AIDS from curing/ inside of us(human that have the disease)

Checking for parasites, i know of Dr. Young doing some of the tests, probably GOOD parasitology center can do them as well, yet many of them DO NOT Know What to look for, so You may be better off reading book, and building/buying one of the Dr.Clark's devices to test Yourself on cestain parasites/ candida/ fungus etc.

I Have cured several times very serious problems knowing what to do. : Like that one time, because on a wedding party there were no raw dishes to eat so i have set a VERY STUPID goal for the night: I'll eat only grapes.
Now that was actually smart, but half way through the party there were no more grapes, and since white wine looked like it's been raw, i drank it for about 3, 4 hours after grapes.
Problem was my teeth.
2 days later i couldn't speak because my mouth was so swollen. Doctor could do NOTHING, because there were NO Teeth visible in my mouth, co he couldn't cut anything//

2 days later i had no visible signs of swelling/ any problem.

My saviour were 2 of most important herbs for human on earth: it's Absynthi herb, and clove: groud, and swallowed wit a glass of water or two(warm just boiled water)
Of course i have used a "zapper" that me and my friend have build according to dr. Clark's design.(it's about 15$ in parts to make one)

Proper diet can create conditions for body to get rid of parasites. Improper can prolong, or make impossible to heal body.: Cancer cyst, or tumor. such mutated parasites built around with fat cells to protect the rest of a body can stay for up to 3 years inside of us, that's why 1, or 2 juice fastings, and colonic does NOTHING toward removing parasites. it is merely preparation that leads to disabling parasites from digesting/growing on undigested food

1 month water fasting, as conducted/adviced by Dr Graham/ and many others.. when done properly can incredibly dissolve tumors, and other dead/ poisonous matters from within our body, as well as can help with parasites.
personally i use herbs like absinth and clove as a first step toward getting rid of parasites, or when somebody's stomach hurts(overgrowth of bacteria in stomach) cloves can disinfect in a couple of minutes(absinth, and garlic do similar in effects thing.)

Water IS Safer, These herbs ARE also EFFECTIVE. as is water: usage depends on patients condition. winking smiley

F.E.A.R. is
Health

Date: January 25, 2007 02:11PM

this i really gross.me and brother were 5 and 7 yrs old-and home alone(back when u could leave your kids in the cars alone and leave them home alone.)my little brother was @#$%& and he said he could not get the poo off.i looked and got t.p. and pulled and it was a big old worm...i swear it looked like a nite crawler for when you go fishing.so i told my mom and we had to all be tested for worms...all the whole family had to be on worm medication.that led mom to creep into our rooms in the nite-later on when some of our friends had pin worms...she would creep in with a flash lite-and put tape in our cracks. and pull it off later...to check for pin worms. that all is so horrid. i have always read the back to eden book and it says they can come out of your nose even.so i read if u eat pumpkin seeds -this can get rid of them???like can u eat roasted ones in this case? taylor

Date: January 25, 2007 03:32PM

Yes, pumpkin seeds are one of the oldest anti parasite "helpers", in fact they make parasites go on diet, because of taste that pumpkin seeds have to them.
and NO Roasted are not good, healthy or effective at removing anything, moreso they provide good grount for foot to rot and bacteria to grow on, just like anything thermically damaged(cooked, baked, steamed, roasted.)

Also: red beat juice, oregano, garlic, onion..
mustard seeds(ground in salad), ground cloves.

absinthi being the strongest "killer" for parasites of all.

Important to eat it 1.RAW, 2.BEFORE the meal,3. Drink 2 glasses of water after 1 teaspoon of dried absinth.

that way it is not poisoning us,
if boiled, cooked, burned(smoke) it can poison us

ONLY RAW DRIED, and ONLY For CURING.It is adviced to make a break after several months of usage so our body will not get accustomed to it=rendering it useless, or dangerous to us.

While most people get scared by big worms, it's the small worms that are inside of us in MILLIONS of millions that silently, lower our immune system and kill us. AIDS, CANCER.. hundreds of other..
they are called NANOPARASITES.(living INSIDE OF OUR BLOODCELLS.!)
Healthy, good diet DOES NOT Give anything to eat to parasites, does not rot inside of us.
when sick, even though diet is proper: parasites are next biggest thing that will damage your health, and thoughts. There is a strong connection between psychiatric conditions and parasites.. 90% have toxoplasmosis(from animals, :cat as an ex.)
up to 60+ species of parasites are lethal to us, and 87% of us have AT LEAST 3 KINDS of parasites.. NEVER MORE THAN 6 Species: they fight, and eat each other, thus keeping "territory" to themselves.

F.E.A.R. is
Health

Date: January 26, 2007 12:30PM

Dear Witarianin-so do we chew up the whole seed? is it the roughage that gets them out or do we shell the outer shell off cause it is the actual pumpkin seed itself that repels the wormy squirmys?thanks for all the info.taylor

Date: January 26, 2007 03:06PM

smiling smiley it's the seed itself that does "ALL" the good. winking smiley

F.E.A.R. is
Health

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: January 26, 2007 05:26PM

Hey rawrnr!

Congrats on being almost raw for a week! That's great!

It's probably too early to judge if your appetite to eat, eat and eat are due to parasites or just "because".

Not to dispute the parasite theory - I imagine we are all carrying around more of those rascals than is good for us.

My experience when I first went raw was that I was hungry and a bit anxious and unable to get that full and satisfied feeling. But, I also had read that if you don't want to crave it - don't eat it! So my rule that I set for myself was that I could eat all I wanted - whenever I wanted - as long as it was raw. That was it! I at a lot of dehydrated flax crackers and nut butters at first - not for long - maybe the first three weeks. I ate dehydrated snack bars, raw nuts, avocadoes, smoothies made with almond milk, etc. Eventually, I calmed down and slowed down and kept taking little baby steps toward a healthier menu.

What you are in the process of doing for yourself is a wonderful thing and you deserve a great big pat on the back - going to a length to take responsibility for your own health that most people wouldn't even dream of!!! It's OK to not be doing it perfectly at first. You're doing it! You can "sit" in that and enjoy that for now!

If I could do my "early days" over, the thing that I wish that I had realized then that I know now - is that you can warm up soups so that the temp is higher than your body temp without killing the enzymes. I also went raw in the winter months and I craved warm food so badly. Now I have a food thermometer (I'm tempted to self-delude!)and I warm soups up to 110 degrees. Just that slight warmth helps me to feel more satisfied. In the summer I'm happy with room temp or even cold soups.

I tend to be compulsive at times and I have found that just a HUGE bowl of romaine with dressing keeps me chewing for a long time and that seems to be what I want. You might try that - after some time of being raw, you will most likely find that you are able to happily lower that fat content of your meals, dressings, desserts, etc.

Pay close attention to what Dave Mason says in his posts. He understands (and remembers) that his diet didn't become as pure as it is overnight. He's the healthiest and happiest guy he knows and yet he's NEVER self-riteous about it. He will tell you to take little comfortable steps to get to where you want to be. I couldn't agree more.

If you've been almost raw for around a week- my vote is that you go look yourself in the mirror right now and say with love and enthusiasm "YOU GO WITH YOUR BAD SELF rawrn"!!!!!!!!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Date: January 26, 2007 10:15PM

Thanx for the replies - I've actually been raw 10 days now!!

I am logging everything I eat in the Diary/log forum...

I've never made any raw soups...
I have many cookbooks and even have one JUST about raw soups....

I've necer been drawn to them....partially bacause they sound yuk...
Do you have any that are YUMMY? Tried ans true!!?

THANX!!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 27, 2007 06:22AM

A couple of comments.

I find it hard to eat a lot of apples. They make my digestive system hurt. I can eat 1 or 2 no problem, but 3 or more and I feel pain.

It looks like you are not eating enough calories from fruits, this is why you end up wanting to eat a lot of fats. I notice that your are using concentrated sources of calories, like fats, honey, maple syrup. Again, if you eat more sweet fruit, you will find the desire for concentrated foods diminishing.

Also, this is a process. But it can and should be fun.

Try something like this:

breakfast: 5 navel oranges
lunch: 4-6 bananas, 1/2 head romaine (if you are still hungry, eat more bananas)
dinner: 4-6 bananas. 1/2 pound of baby spinach

If you eat the max bananas, this is about 1700 calories, 32g protein, 7.5g fat, 430g carb, 64g fiber, 2163g water, 1394% A, 345% folate, 110 B1, 156% B2, 94% B3, 143% B5, 494% B6, 750% C, 49% E, 1175% K, 70% calcium, 202% copper, 171% iron, 162% magnesium, 284% manganese, 97% phosphorus, 176% potassium, 32% selenium, 15% sodium, 42% zinc

Posted by: D'vorah ()
Date: January 27, 2007 09:14PM

Just my thoughts here, what's working for me.

I'm responding to your “FOOD ADDICT” comment.

I have struggled terribly with cravings, eating wrong foods, unhealthy foods, and especially eating at night. I can white-knuckle it all day long, but I’m a sucker for anything at night.

A couple of things have helped me. One is the program The Pathway. It is a book AND a program, there is a website for support, there are kits to work though. It is a program that promises to diminish addictions and increase internal balance. It has made huge changes in how I feel inside about myself. If you want to know more, ask.

The Pathway website: [www.thepathway.org]

The other helper I just recently found. I’ve always steered quite clear of things like hypnosis and such. In my mind, I see the circus side-show, people crowing like chickens, etc. I never felt like there was a person on the planet I could trust to give over control of myself to, and there are charlatans who no doubt would abuse. BUT, I recently found the book The Self Hypnosis Diet. Emphasis on “self.” It gave me a completely different view of the process and promised me complete self-control over any exercises I use and likened the process more to the state children are in when they pretend. For me, it feels more like mediation, just with an active target. I’ve used their CD, but also created some exercises of my own and put them on CD, and man, my cravings are diminishing like crazy. This is probably my fifth time trying 80/10/10, and this time, I feel satisfied most of the time. Woo hoo!!!!

The book:

[www.amazon.com]

I’m also trying zeolite, which has been talked about in other threads here. My muscle testing tells me that’s helping too. I’ve known I have a load of heavy metals.

Wishing you success,

Deborah

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables