Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

wonderings!
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 24, 2007 03:28AM

when i was a little girl i lived in the Philipine islands for several yrs and we use to soak our fruits and veggies in the sink filled with bleach water.to kill germs.then we came to the U.S.and moved to Louisiana.in back of our house was the levy and a swamp and the red river.right in our back yard.lots of mosquito's always breeding.back then d.d.t. was our friend.this truck would come to spray big fogs of d.d.t. thru the neighborhoods to try to kill the misquito's.all of us kids would all run and follow the truck laughing and breathing in the fumes as we followed the trucks sprayings for blocks.i am so glad for all the knowledge we have these days. i can look up anything on websites before i go to the dr. with something i may have symtoms of and know a bit about it before i go into the dr.i had polio as a kid about the time Salk developed the polio vaccine.(so getting the vaccination helped me not get a really bad case).sometimes i wonder if the d.d.t. is why my son is schizophrinic.then i read that a lack of zinc in the time of pregnacy is maybe what they are looking at now as a reason for schizophrenia.imagen when they find out what the cause is and can do something to prevent it.that would be a miracle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wonderings!
Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: January 24, 2007 04:44AM

Taylor, in some people, gluten can cause schizophrenia. Try putting him on a gluten free diet for a bit and see what happens.

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: January 24, 2007 04:52AM

Lack of vitamin D and sunshine, too. That is sad. I hope it's reverable, holistically. That is unreal, children chasing the truck spaying deadly poison. I bet the the people driving the trucks had no headaches because they had no brains. What a sad story. I'm rooting for & and believing the best, for you and your son. Best wishes.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 24, 2007 06:25AM

alot of those mental illnesses like schizophrenia, I think are made up..schizophrenia does not exist..I mean, its an idea..a label..you can't touch it or feel it, its people invented..like the past or love..

My mom is a therapist and she agrees with me, she says, each case is so very different and some of the patients are smart, genuises..

There is just something wrong, but noone will ever know..it's a total mystery why some people lose their minds and are so very ill..

I think you guys are right, it could be the water..I always wondered about that sort of stuff, thanks for the post..

Date: January 24, 2007 09:32AM

well-i was just sitting and thinking of how much we know these days and it is such a progressive age...sometimes it amazes me to think we all ran behind the spray truck.our parents did not know this was bad for us.it was the video on this site that i watched and saw where they said "d.d.t. was our friend."that made me remember how we use to run in clouds of that stuff.and soak all our fruit and veggies in bleach water to kill germs.we know better these days.in the 50's-the healthy standard diet was say a casserole heavy in sauces and meat and cheese.also the progessive ideas of having a child now vs. say in the 60's.they separated me from my hubby-when my daughters had there kids-everyone got to be in the room and she could get a whirlpool bath and all of it is so amazing.well-all i know is when my son does not get his meds.he can not feed hisself.he almost died cause of this before.i wish one day they could find out.Harvard studies think it could be a virus that was in the womb.sometimes i think we have too much info on everything...but i don't think it can be a bad thing.

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: January 24, 2007 11:09AM

New research shows that toxoplasmosis is known to cause schizophrenia. You might want to have him tested for it.

Date: January 24, 2007 12:08PM

thanks veganlife...good tip!! taylor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables