Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Honey
Posted by: na(raw)dia ()
Date: January 25, 2007 07:35PM

I know it's NOT Vegan...sorry! I'm having some thoughts about it..I eat very small amounts of honey and allthough I doesn't seem to affect me in a negative way, I'm thinking about cutting in out of my diet.

Do you eat honey? If so, why if not why not? Do you know any pros cons? I'd appreciate any input, thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Honey
Posted by: JGex ()
Date: January 25, 2007 09:54PM

We eat raw honey, but we're not claiming to be 100% raw or vegan. There are many different opinions on it... mine is that even though not vegan, it's a natural food.

You may be interested in doing a search for "manuka honey" and reading about its healing effects.

Judy

Posted by: na(raw)dia ()
Date: January 26, 2007 01:49AM

What about the high sugar content?

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 26, 2007 02:40AM

No. My personal opinion is that I avoid utilizing animals in my diet wherever possible. I regard this as being optimal for my own health and theirs! Ha! ha! I have a hard enough time taking care of myself! LOL.

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: JGex ()
Date: January 26, 2007 03:05AM

na(raw)dia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What about the high sugar content?

We eat very little honey.... or any other sweeteners for that matter. It will take me months to empty an agave syrup bottle.... I don't sweeten tea, and rarely fix desserts of any sort.

I believe the key to anything is moderation. But that's just my opinion - don't take it as fact!

Judy

Posted by: FruityJules ()
Date: January 26, 2007 10:20PM

Beautiful Nadia. . .

I eat so much sweet fruit that I have no thoughts or desires for concentrated sweeteners.

To me, everything else is just a poor substitute for fruit.

Honey is a food for bees, not for humans. Fruit is the food for humans.

smiling smiley

Love,
Julie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables