Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
MINUS 25 POUNDS
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 26, 2007 01:46PM

EVERYONE I have lost 25 pounds since i started raw in jan.i got over my plateau...thank the Lord.and the month is not even over yet.now if i could just get this think together.it is harder than i thought. i got these books when i started this-the gabriel cousens rainbow green live-food cuisine book,the juice lady book,the complete book of raw food,the sproutmans kitchen garden cookbook,living in the raw gourmet book,and a smoothie and juicing book.so now to try and find how to do some of this stuff and then there is hemp powders and m3live and this and that and changing over my kitchen to raw. I really thank alot of u guys for being helpful.taylor

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MINUS 25 POUNDS
Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: January 26, 2007 03:14PM

WOW 25 pounds !!!

WHen did you start raw?

Congrats!!!

You are definatly doing something right!!!
YAY

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: January 26, 2007 03:15PM

That is so wonderful!!! You are doing great! Itl be overwhelming when you are first getting started, but once you get the hang of it, it is fun! And there is always more to learn as well. Just keep asking lots of questions!

Posted by: na(raw)dia ()
Date: January 26, 2007 04:19PM

You lost 25 pounds in less than one month...? That can't be healthy...? Good job though!

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: January 26, 2007 04:31PM

*psss* na(raw)dia! Be positive.. smiling smiley

Date: January 26, 2007 05:11PM

smiling smiley I know!

Maybe she/he meant 25 lbs. from a year ago?

Otherwise it would be 25lbs in 25 days which is impossible. You'd have to burn 3500 calories/day so you couldn't eat anything and you'd have to do a lot of exercise on top of that for 25 days...I don't think so..!

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 26, 2007 05:43PM

Great going! And for Na(raw)dia..when I first went raw I lost 71 lbs. in 6 monhts!! I was 236 lbs. when I started, and got to 165 lbs. and in size 12 jeans.

It doesn't take long to lose when you are eating nutritious foods, (I didn't skimp on calories from the raw foods, and in fact ate some cooked occassionaly).

Keep on keeping on Taylor!!

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: January 26, 2007 06:45PM

Taylor - GOOD FOR YOU!!

Who is to say just exactly what is the best speed to lose weight when raw? Maybe it is safer than other methods because it is more nutritious. Has this ever been studied and evaluated?

Sapphire

Date: January 26, 2007 09:19PM

Sapphire,

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm sure you've all heard that it's not good for the heart. Other than that I haven't done much research.

Prism,

Ok so 71lbs. in 6 months, that's almost 12lbs. per month which is roughly 3 pounds per week. That's possible and congrats!!! But 7lbs. per week highly unlikely and very unhealthy since you'd have to not eat at all and do a lot of exercise every day of those 25 days.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: January 26, 2007 09:42PM

I was shedding about a pound per day for the first few weeks of being raw, I wasn't calory counting or trying to loose weight. Things slowed down after that as I started to approach my ideal/nature weight. I probably lost around 70lbs over the first six months. I continued to loose weight after that, but at a much slower pace (like 20lbs over the next six months). Now my weight is fairly stable, between 170 and 180 depending on what I'm doing with myself.

Anyway, Taylor, congratulation on the results of your raw life style.

Cheers,
Ian.

Date: January 27, 2007 02:05AM

well-i eat but i try to walk very brisk-5 miles every day.i try to limit my calories to 1000 a day to loose.if u cut out bread,meat,milk,cheese and sweets and no bottled juices...i guess this is just what happens. i faithfully try to walk 5 miles everyday-if i don't get time...i try to walk the least 2 miles. i get my pedometer on and go.thanks guys.you know u don't have to be positve if u don't want.before when i had a run in-i asked to critique my diet and exercise program not but me down for what i am obviously trying so hard to fix. so that is all i am gonna say on that.thank u everyone.taylor

Posted by: thehulaqueen ()
Date: January 27, 2007 03:43AM

I totally agree that a pound per day is possible on raw when you first start. Keep in mind it's not all fat. You have retained water and excess waste that's being shed too. You see it all though in how amazing you look and how wonderful you feel.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 27, 2007 04:30PM

My room-mate who started raw foods in earnest on Jan. 15th, has lost close to 14 lbs. and she also walks 4-6 miles most days.

Love,
Prism

Date: January 27, 2007 04:38PM

thehulaqueen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I totally agree that a pound per day is possible
> on raw when you first start. Keep in mind it's not
> all fat. You have retained water and excess waste
> that's being shed too. You see it all though in
> how amazing you look and how wonderful you feel.

Yes that's true...a lot of it is water weight.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: January 27, 2007 05:10PM

Whoa! I can't believe the quick weight loss. I don't lose that much when I fast.

Date: January 28, 2007 06:17AM

This is so funny. I got my pedometer and have it set on the aerobic steps.Well-i thought the 10,000 steps i was doing was 5 miles. Then I had my hubby go in the car and guage my path.Oh i have been walking 7.5 miles instead of the 5 miles i thought i was doing.that is so dog gone funny.Taylor

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 04, 2007 12:05AM

Fantastic job Taylor!!! from all that i have read and heard in the small timei have been studying and learning raw...i have met people who have lost huge amount of weight in a short time...There was a before and after i saw she lost 110 in 3 1/2 months...so it just goes to show that if you work hard and eat healthy your work pays off to a fantasitc fabulous beautiful glowing new you!!!
Keep up the tremendous work!!!!
sachelle

Date: February 04, 2007 02:40AM

thank you sachelle!I have been learning raw since the new yr.today me and hubby played wall ball and we worked out to a kick box dvd and we are walking tonite.we use to sit and sit and eat fast foods and then bowls of ice cream after.now i am trying to incorperate things to interest him in us doing better.i was os happy for us.instead of going to the movie and munching out on the big boxes of candy and buttered popcorn and soda-we went and bought a ball for 2$ and got exercise and had fun too.and i have fruit around now.how come i never got hungry for fruit?now i love it.i was like always hungry.now-i am not.all so amazing.

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: February 04, 2007 04:08AM

man why does everyone opine as to how fast one should lose weight? Shazzie claims she lost 55 lbs in 2 months. That's 6.1 lbs per week. It's not unreasonable for the very overweight to lose 10-20 lbs a week sometimes. the first 2 weeks I was raw I lost 22 lbs.

Taylor I think you rule and I'm happy for ya.. smiling smiley

Date: February 04, 2007 04:21AM

Your welcome Taylor...glad to hear you are incorporating so many new healthy activities and that your hubby is right there with you...it is awesome to have support i think that is one of the key things!!
keep up and keep me posted on your awesome progress!!
xoxoxoxoxo
sachelle

Date: February 04, 2007 05:15AM

you got it gal-hugs taylor

Re: Newbie****question on suppliments****
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 04, 2007 11:03PM

Hi all. Just wondering how many of you out there are supplimenting as well as eating raw? Is this nessesary? If your trying to get all your vit. and minerals from good wholesome food,that should take care of it right? I spend so much in suppliments,I surely could put that money towards ALL organic. I do the best as I can right now.

Thanks alot for any and all advice, Tribalmom

Date: February 05, 2007 02:09AM

well tribal mom-i do take some vitamin designed for seniors.thats all i take right now.I was a pig today. i ate 2 bananas for breakfast and 5 almonds.for lunch i ate 1/2 a cantaloupe with one mango and a hand full of grapes and then dinner-a sprig of grapes.i had some greens with my lunch-that i ate.that is for today.i am sort of wanting to head for a small fast.like maybe a couple of days of just jucie and waters.so far i have lost 60 pounds now.I am not really stating this cause i have gone raw... was loosing when i went to vegan too.i am only saying this cause i changed what i was doing to loose when vegan and i was worried and afraid to try raw cause of all the nuts. i just mention my weight loss cause it is my goal to not be on medications and be sickly.taylor(i do have alot of suppelments-garlic capsules,gingko,melatonin,fish oil caps,zinc,magnesium pills,cranberry caps,menopause herbs,iron pills and on and on.I do not take any of them much)

Date: February 05, 2007 05:37AM

Hey taylor...i saw that you wanted to start a fast...i was thinking we could start the same days and do it together..that way we have someone to talk to and support going through it with you!!! smiling smiley and i think you would be a wonderful person to do the fast with........i am so inspired by your efforts and you...you are doing so wonderful!! My mom is starting raw in the morning so that is great...i am excited for her...she lives in indiana though so i still don't have anyone that is a raw foodie in san diego so far...but congrats on 60 pounds and keep it up!!
if you would like to do the fast together let me know!! you can email me at sachelle@rawfoods.com
love
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
sachelle

Date: February 05, 2007 12:02PM

Dear sachelle-i put a message in your message box on this site.thanks taylor

Posted by: tristani ()
Date: February 05, 2007 09:18PM

hello, i think it's great that you lost all of that weight. i've only been on the "raw" way of eating for a week. i'm about 98% raw right now and don't feel like i've lost anything yet. i don't weigh myself but i usually can tell by my clothing. i do feel a little better though but my skin hasn't changed yet. i just want to know how one person can lose 1 pound a day doing the same thing as someone else. help!!!!

thanks to who is listening.

Laura Tristani

Date: February 05, 2007 11:39PM

dear tristani,well-i try to keep my calories at 1000 daily.I also walk alot and fast,i do kickboxing and i also do the thread mill and i don't try to eat after 6p.m.today i had a small bowl of raw fruit salad and that was breakfast at about 10...then at 3p.m. i had a raw salad...no dressing.i may have clove tea and an orange tonite and maybe a date and a nut.maybe 2 nuts.I usually eat more than this but today i went and cleaned my sons apt.and was busy all day with him.oh-i also played wall ball today too.so this is why i am loosing.good luck.thank taylor

Posted by: SiennaInLondon ()
Date: February 05, 2007 11:55PM

Nonsense! 25lbs is phenomenal! The speed is only worrying depending on how heavy or light you were to start with. I have 10lbs to lose. 5kg. The stubborn final 10lbs.

Posted by: tristani ()
Date: February 06, 2007 08:05PM

dear taylor, that's awesome you can only eat 1000 a day. that doesn't seemlike enough for me but i will keep trying. i have about 40lbs i want to shed. i do excercise 3times a week for now and i will try to increase that soon. thank you, laura t.

Date: February 06, 2007 09:09PM

well-i don't know how good it is.but it is working.i am starting a water fast now.i got some detox herbal capsules and wonder if i can take them during a water fast?i have to ask around this site and see.good luck and stay raw and u can do it-the weight loss.taylor

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables