Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mono Mission
Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: February 03, 2007 04:04AM

oh ela, if i'd known. they had at least a dozen
on the bargain shelf. i'd bought all and shipped
them to ya.

i'll ask where they get all their exotic fruits.
they have stuff i've never seen or heard of. you
can see pics at flickr.com use tagword: berkeleybowl

uma, i totally want to refine my hunger gauge. feels
like all my life i habitually ate everything on my plate,
and then some, rarely waiting to know if it is enough.

hey julie girl!!! i love crossing paths over the years.
omg, that date nectar!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: February 03, 2007 04:54AM

Been a mono eater since day 1. Occasionally I mix things but overall I prefer to bite into whole fruits rather than cut-up chunks. However I usually do apple... 2 peppers... cucumber... 3 kiwis... orange+banana... avocado w something cooked... grapefruit.

Posted by: uma ()
Date: February 03, 2007 05:25AM

Fruitgirl, I know what you mean about eating and eating and not knowing if it is enough or too much or whatever. That's what's so intriguing about the satiation aspect of mono-eating -- not having to wonder or figure out or calculate what is the 'right amount' but the body just being able to tell us when its had enough and we can trust it, and then not think about food until it tells us it wants more!

It seems paradoxical but my sincere desire is that by putting enough focus on eating in the way that best serves me, I'll learn to trust my body and be able to focus LESS on food in my life, i.e. not worry about it!

Love,
Uma

Posted by: ela ()
Date: February 03, 2007 05:58AM

Omg fruitgirl - I shop at Berkeley Bowl too!!! How come we don't know each other!

Well, I was thinking that you had mamey sapote on the bargain shelf, which is what I was loving in Costa Rica and which the Bowl _very occasionally_ carries (and usually not good quality) but probably you had a white sapote, right? Greenish-golden skin and white, slightly vanilla flesh? Those actually do grow in California (I picked some as far north as Santa Cruz once) but for some reason not enough people know about them for them to be popular. I _love_ them. But they're not nearly as caloric as the big brown mameys, so it might have been a smaller lunch after all.

Lucky you, though - great score on the bargain produce. I actually had fresh durian from bargain produce once or twice - that's the score of the year when it happens!

Yes, I love the satiation and simplicity aspects of mono - it's amazing how long I can be satisfied for too. What I need is to let go of feeling like I have to make sure I'm full for a certain number of hours - to give myself permission to eat again sooner if I'm hungry sooner!

thanks friends!
love
Ela

seeing is freeing
hearing is clearing
feeling is healing

Date: February 03, 2007 07:45PM

uma,
im finally willing to sniff and taste to see which
food the body Really wants before gorging away on whatever.
is it possible to even train this wild mind to Listen and Hear
subtleties in taste change in each bite to find satiety. and
then to stop and put a period on the meal? we'll see.

ela!
you live in berkeley??? you shop at the bowl too?? 15 years for me at
the bowl, and the tues and sat farmers markets (going there in a minute)
so if you've been around, im sure we've had glimpses of eachother.
please say hi if you see me. you'll know me by my wild and crazy gait ; )
not to mention whats in my shopping basket. and yes the sapote was
exactly how you described, green~golden skin, which i didnt bother
to peel, is that bad?

may all have enough.

Posted by: ela ()
Date: February 03, 2007 08:26PM

fruitgirl -

- looking forward to continuing to discover the subtle nuances our tastebuds can tell us about our internal organs' smiles.

I think we may have chatted over one or another board before - was it you who broke a leg and I offered to bring you watermelon but you had a neighbor already doing it? I've been living in Walnut Creek for the past yr or so but am moving back to Berkeley right now and am a farmer's market regular.

It's crazy that we haven't met yet knowingly! Maybe when I get round to putting a photo of myself up you'll discover you do recognize me!

love
Ela

seeing is freeing
hearing is clearing
feeling is healing

Date: February 04, 2007 05:27PM

ela!!!

that was YOU??? i'll never forget your gesture
in my time of need, 3 years ago already. thank you
for that.

yay, for returning to berkeley. can't wait to meet
you.

love, fruitgirl

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 13, 2007 11:05AM

julie

<<<Let's hear it for the mono people! >>>

shhhhhh...
be silent
just listen

there is applause like crystal halos

all around you

shhhh...
just listen
be silent
the heavens are applauding
simplicity is the way

Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: February 14, 2007 12:11AM

la_veronique,

That is just so beautiful, it sent shivers down my spine.

I just printed it out and I am going to stick it on my fridge door to keep me motivated on my own exploration of eating mono. Because that is just how I felt today after fasting for 14 days on green juices and then eating mono today. I felt like I was surrounded by a crystal, clear halo. So full of beautiful energy like I've never felt before even after eating raw for a while now.

Thank you, you have a great poetical gift.

Love, francis

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 14, 2007 07:48AM

ha ha frannie!

aren't green juice fasts just the most bodacious thing on earth?
i did one a while back
posted it in the juice section

it was for 18 days
and it was quite a ride
emotionally it was like well... it was tough
and at other times i was riding high

tsunami waves of serpentine roiling
but was definetely worth it

i shoulda used more celery
but whatever

will do more celery next time
mostly it was parsley and kale

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 14, 2007 08:49PM

I tend to mono eat during the day......mono eating per meal that is, not pure mono eating throughout the day. I'll have a banana or two, then later an apple, then later maybe an orange or two.........just nothing really "prepared". Then dinner I usually prepare a dish a little jazzier. Or have some stuffed mushrooms or simply sliced cukes with rawcuamole.

I don't do too much in the fancy preperation department or all the dehydrated breads and pizza and stuff. I'm pretty simple and tend to switch between two or three different dishes for dinner throughout the week.

Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: February 14, 2007 10:17PM

la_veronique,

I agree, green juices are so powerful! I had kale with spinach and parsley and fennel but had to dilute it with cucumber and celery. And then in the second week I had to dilute it with water after it was made. I also had wheatgrass juice every day.

The first week I had loads of energy and then the second week all I wanted to do was sleep. I did the fast together with the natural cellular defense stuff, to get metals out of my body. And ended it with a liver flush which was maybe not such a good idea, drinking all that oil after fasting for two weeks, ugh. But now I feel great after eating mono all day and your poem really described how I feel. It's surreal (compared to how I felt before) it's almost divine, I hope I can get used to it smiling smiley I wonder if that's the NCD, something is different.

Love, francis

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables