Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
David Jubb
Posted by: minou33 ()
Date: February 01, 2007 01:51AM

I scheduled a consult with Dr. Jubb for end of February. I was wondering if anyone has ever met him before or had a consult with him. It is pretty expensive and I am a little nervous about it...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: David Jubb
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 01, 2007 02:17AM

He drinks his urine. Is it too late to back out?

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 01, 2007 02:36AM

I looked for Jubbs' LifeFood.com website, but it doesn't seem to be up anymore. It looks like he still owns the domain however. You can read about his healing program in the internet archive.

I knew 2 roommates in San Francisco who both did the Cousen's Masters' program in raw nutrition. At the time, they were eating the high fat raw diet, buying their coconut butter in 5 gallon bucket quantities. Because they ate so much fat, they became enamored with Jubbs' cleansing programs. After they did Jubbs' liver and gall bladder cleanses, they felt their ability to digest and process coconut butter was noticably enhanced.

One of the roommate, who I'll call "M", had an interesting experience with his last gall bladder cleanse. At some point in the cleanse, the duct coming out of his gall bladder became plugged and no bile was getting into his duodenum. At this point, his body quit digesting food and he could not longer have bowel movements. As you can imagine, this was pretty distressing for M. Before the distressing event M had been doing raw food consulting (after graduating from the Cousens' program), he had his own dark field microscope, and he was selling all the supplements, enzymes, and superfoods that are part of the Cousen's program. But because he had injured himself on the cleanse and in fact raw wasn't working for him, he became fed up the raw consulting and he sent all his products back to the vendors, and quit his raw food consultation business. And he quit being raw.

I liked M even though we totally disagreed on diet. Before he quit his raw consulting business, he really wanted to have a look at my blood in his dark field microscope. He was convinced with all the fruit I was eating that my blood was going to be loaded with candida and various mycotoxins. He poked my finger with a needle, but before he could get the blood onto the slide, it had already coaguated. So he poked another hole, and this time I squeezed it so it wouldn't clot, and he got a sample and examined it. He was very surprised that my blood was as clean as it was. Also he was surprised at how fast my wound healed the first time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2007 02:39AM by Bryan.

Posted by: na(raw)dia ()
Date: February 01, 2007 02:37AM

I have not had a consultation with him but I've read all his books and he is a very wise man. How much is the consultation, if you don't mind me asking? Please let me know how it goes...!?!?!

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: February 01, 2007 04:17AM

arugula, any links to back up your stance on uropathy?

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: February 01, 2007 04:36AM

Every once in a while I read about that on the 'net, get convinced it's a good thing, buy some damned book on the subject, and spend the next two months shuddering at the thought of doing it. Cannot get past the ick factor, no way.

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: February 01, 2007 05:47AM

I'd like to think that people can be healthy without having to drink their own urine.For my sake I hope so cause I'd surely die.
Brian

Date: February 01, 2007 11:20PM

Anaken, are you asking for a link to verify that I find it to be an exceptionally distasteful thing to do?

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: February 02, 2007 12:35AM

My friends show me photos of him and laugh. They do.

He was married to a hottie, remember her, Annie? What happened to her?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2007 12:45AM by coconutcream.

Date: February 02, 2007 01:55AM

you were judging his reputation on it. If it is just because you find it gross thats pretty silly. lots of people promote it, especially if you are in certain prediciments, like traveling.

Date: February 02, 2007 02:11AM

Anaken, do you also find it silly to be repulsed by coprophagia? It is a waste product, like urine.

It is normal and healthy to be repelled by ingesting the body's wastes. They are wastes, after all.

If "lots of people" promoted coprophagia would you do it?

For which type of predicament is it said to be appropriate, who is saying it, and what is the basis for their claims? It cannot possibly be any publications with reasonable assurance for quality and repeatability.

Date: February 02, 2007 02:17AM

whatever

Posted by: minou33 ()
Date: February 02, 2007 04:21AM

I knew abou the uropathy...but I don't think that should negate all the great information he has put out there.

He has been one of the few raw gurus out there who talks about the importance of using alkalalized reverse osmosis water. I think his 30-day detox sounds brilliant and from what I heard has been very beneficial for many people. And I also like how non-dogmatic approach. It seems as if 80/10/10 and the Hippocrates Book all require you to stick to the authors' approach. I have never been a fan of these types of diets...and I like how Jubb doesn't go into depth about all the things you should eat and should not eat and how far spaced out the different foods should be.. it seems much more relaxed and flexible.

Posted by: uma ()
Date: February 02, 2007 05:36AM

I experimented with drinking urine back when I was into alternative medicine. It is so not the same thing as eating @#$%&. Urine is sterile. It is water with excess vitamins and minerals or something. If you are relatively healthy it doesn't taste that bad.

People use it as medicine to treat symptoms, an approach I no longer resonate with. I know several people who have received benefit from this therapy, though i don't know how long the benefit lasted.

When I used to do neti pots and eye washes, I got into using urine (or if I have to do the occasional neti pot after breathing sawdust all day or something). It is the right salinity for your body, otherwise like with the neti pot, you have to mix salt in with the water.

Also I've heard of people peeing on poisonous bites or something but i don't have any experience with this.

Love,
Uma

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: February 02, 2007 06:54AM

we mustn't forget about the uric acid found in urine... along with all those minerals and vitamins. uma yes you are correct the body does expelle vitamins and minerals it couldn't use initially through urine. there are quite a bit of waste products too. It's cool that you tried it though.

coconutcream... i'm married to a hottie too, at least I think so. Perhaps you would laugh at pictures of me? No? Actually I thought he was gay by the way he was standing in that photo. Silly me

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: February 02, 2007 07:44AM

ok guys I drank my pee once.

lol I read all these raw foodists do it, so I had to try..

I don't think it did anything. I had a fever, a kidney infection..I did a cacao fast and well, it made me sick a little bit, a long time ago. I started hallucinating and everything. It was when I was raw vegan.. I did not know what to do so I drank my pee. oh my god.

I mean, it tastes like warm acidy pee. Yuk.

Everyone I knew, thought I was nasty. I don't think it works. Guys, in the real world, it is really a taboo.
lol

only in this place can I share this, feel honored.

Maybe if you believe in it it will work..

Please don't quote me..smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2007 07:46AM by coconutcream.

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: February 02, 2007 08:28AM

A japanese celebrity drank his urine when he had cancer. I can't rememcber what kind of cancer. Anyways, he credits that for saving him. Those are the only circumstances in which I would ever try it though.

Date: February 02, 2007 05:57PM

Upon reflecting a little on the Pee Drinking Debate(p dee dee) I find people fall in different categories.Here are some of them:
1/ There are people who when faced with serious illnesses will try anything to get better as in "a drowning man will clutch at a straw".
2/There are people who won't try some things under any circumstance.
3/There are the Curious who will try anything just to see what it is all about.
4/There are the Indifferent who don't care one way or the other and who'll deal with that when and if it becomes necessary.
Who's to say who's wrong?

Date: February 03, 2007 02:44AM

Yeah i noticed when i was detoxing more my pee tasted and looked worse. And people want to use it as therapy when they feel sick, so at that time I think your pee is even more full of stuff you wouldn't want to consume! that's what made me finally stop. but it's probably no worse than taking any medicine!

Love,
Uma

Date: February 03, 2007 02:57AM

It's an ancient remedy, respected in ayurveda and I'm sure it's good for you, but I for one can't get past the ick factor.

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 03, 2007 03:28AM

i don't think i could do this one.too yucky.talyor

Date: February 03, 2007 03:52AM

yeah its more to slow your detoxing (if you are of the belief that we are always cleansing and not always eliminating)

Date: February 03, 2007 05:16AM

Interesting, so that is how it makes people feel better, it just slows down the detox cuz you just drink it back up again? Hah! tongue sticking out smiley

Love,
Uma

Posted by: uti ()
Date: February 03, 2007 12:32PM

Ayurveda is a 3,000 year old traditional Hindu system of medicine which is designed to bring the body back into balance. There are universities and hospitals in India devoted to Ayurvedic medicine. The name itself translates from sanskrit as "long-life science". I'm sure the Ayurvedic doctors would find our conversation amusing in light of their success with urine therapies for years longer than our modern western medicine has existed.

Coconut Cream, I have to ask whose "real world" are you talking about? By saying urine therapy is taboo, your "real world" seems a little small and limited to me. My Real World feels more expansive and says that all paths are valid which seek to bring beings into harmony with their universe without incurring an expense to other beings. For me, the more important thing I read in your sharing of your experience was that you felt the pain of your friends judging you for trying something they found to be taboo. May I share a tool that might help you in the future? The way the tool works for me is that on a practical level I consciously choose not to share things with people I love who would be challenged to understand what I'm sharing and judge me for it, like your friends judged you. For example, I wouldn't discuss my exploration of urine therapy with my mother or sister. It would disturb their peace to no avail.

Brian1cs, I have a number 5 for your list.

VeganLife, greenie and taylor: I had a huge problem with the "yuk" factor too. Especially after having lived in a city where one is accosted with the unpleasant smell of the unwashed places where unhealthy people urinate on a regular basis. Coupled with our western culture's view of anything excreted by the body as being filthy and taboo. That's what that yukky squirmy feeling is for me that so many have described in this thread. So the big Yuk factor concerning urine therapy came up for me when I began to study Ayurveda with a group of friends. I was eating a cleaned up vegan diet and I liked the Indian Ayurvedic food, except for their use of high heat cooked oils, and the holistic system approach resonated with me, especially the Dosha concepts. I also learned a lot about digestion with the Agni (digestive fire) concept, but secretly I told myself no way was I going to drink my pee.

So it became a matter of personal choice. In the end, I used exploring urine therapy for a higher purpose, that was to begin to heal myself from a lifetime of giving my power away to others by allowing them make the rules for me. My observations of others using urine therapy told me that it wouldn't kill me, so I had nothing to lose and everything to gain from the experiment. I love kicking my inherited taboos in the ass and taking my power back by expanding my universe.

Urine is sterile unless you have an infection in your urinary system. Given that, it makes a great eyewash or emergency rinse. The ph and salinity closely matches your body. It's the best eyewash I've found. It makes me laugh every time I use it, saying to myself "Well Uti, here's piss in your eye!" (if my old drinking buddies only knew I've had the literal experience of our old toast). I'd much rather put my urine in my eyes than an over the counter pharmaceutical preserved with a mercuric compound. I've also used it in my netti pot to rinse my nasal passages. Urine washing is a common remedy for neutralizing jellyfish stings.

Have a peaceful and loving weekend everyone,

Date: February 03, 2007 10:55PM

my son-in-law is from mexico and he pees on his feet to help them not stink...it does not work for him though.i toss his shoes out all the time and get a stick to carry his socks to the back porch.but i think i have read it cures athletes feet.taylor

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 04, 2007 12:25AM

Taylor, have him sprinkle powder in his shoes every night..helps alot with absorbing ordors, and bacteria. Shake them out before putting them back on.

Love,
Prism

Date: February 04, 2007 02:31AM

THANK YOU Prism!!! I think i will for him.hee hee!taylor

Date: February 04, 2007 02:56AM

Golly, does he really look like this, coconutcream? He's not smiling so much as baring his teeth.

Date: February 04, 2007 05:21AM

Lol,Greenie

Posted by: marksquire ()
Date: February 04, 2007 09:54PM

The only thing I know about David Jubb is from what I read in his books. His "Lifefood Fast" is...... I'll use the word 'unique'. It's like an oddball regimen of unique home remedies, at different times of day. Simple water or juice fasting would be just as beneficial, if not more so. Urine therapy can be highly beneficial for the liver/gallbladder, since you recycle bile through the urine.

Best,
Mark

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables