Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
23 Day Water Fast Almost Over!
Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: February 01, 2007 05:30AM

Hello! I just wanted to share my joy with everyone. I have been in Panama for the past three weeks getting my health back on track and clearing my body for raw. I have thus far fasted for 19 days - Three more to go! Yippee! It is amazing what strength one can draw from water fasting. I feel so competent, confident, peaceful, and clear. I cannot wait to refeed on Monday - I think watermelon will be my first meal - I bet food will never have tasted so good! Thanks for listening - Just wanted to share!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 23 Day Water Fast Almost Over!
Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: February 01, 2007 05:41AM

That is amazing.I can't imagine what it must be like having nothing but water for 21 days.You have Spartan discipline.Keep it up.
Brian

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 01, 2007 06:48AM

Congratulations, dancerinthenight!

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: February 01, 2007 11:31AM

Is that supposed to be healthy?

Posted by: alicenubby ()
Date: February 01, 2007 11:44AM

congratulations on still being alive. wow.

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 01, 2007 12:29PM

interesting!! how much weight did you loose Dancerinthenite? thanks taylor and i bet that watermelon will taste pretty dog gone good.

Date: February 01, 2007 02:46PM

Veganlife:

Fasting is extremely healthy and is considered the optimal method for healing the body when it is sick - Every other animal in nature does it in order to devote 100% of the body's energy towards healing and repairing. I have seen some miracles happen here.

And Taylor:

I have lost 22 pounds. Which I didn't need to - I am very lithe - But now I have a healthy foundation on which to rebuild - A fresh start!

Date: February 01, 2007 08:45PM

Hi dancerinthenight,

You say, "I have seen some miracles happen here."

Are you fasting in a place where many people go to fast? If so, could you tell us what the place is called, and who runs it?

Date: February 01, 2007 09:49PM

Suncloud:

The place is called Tanglewood Wellness Center. It is run by Loren Lockman. He knows a lot about raw food nutrition and natural healing. The place does promote fruitarianism - Much like Doug Graham - So if you are not amenable to eating fruit upon refeeding I do not recommend it. However, if your mind is open and you want to heal through fasting, it is a great option. That being said - There are other places in the US and Canada that are great and a lot of people find them more balanced on the whole - There is a guy here who speaks of a Dr. Kim who is wonderful. You'll have to google him. I think the miracles that happen during fasting happen when you surrender and just let your body heal. Yes the place and director are important - But more important is your faith and your attitude.

Date: February 01, 2007 11:41PM

well-that is amazing dancerin the nite...good for u to have such an inlightening of your body and your mind.i bet you feel wonderful.that is also good weightloss.I htink it all sounds exciting and great.taylor

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: February 02, 2007 08:40AM

Are you allowed anything else other than water during the fast? Juices perhaps?

Posted by: Mangolover ()
Date: February 02, 2007 10:20AM

Oh well done !! that's fantastic! I personally just finished a five day water fast! I didn't experience true hunger once, probably should've kept going but I am doing it alone and still working so it's probably not too safe!
Did you experience true hunger Dancer?

Date: February 02, 2007 08:40PM

I did not drink anything other than water. The point is to let your body devote ALL of its energy towards healing. And, no, I have not experienced hunger. Today is day 21 - And I honestly hope that I feel ready to eat in two days. My body is cleaning out still and I am definitely still in a pretty intense healing mode.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 02, 2007 08:47PM

dancerinthenight,

Its so wonderful that you gave yourself this experience of healing. It took a lot of courage and commitment to your healing to embark on such a fast. Most people couldn't even imagine going without food for one day, let alone 21.

Have you felt or experienced symptoms disappearing that were previously bothering you? Have you felt any pain disappear? Have you learned anything new about yourself from this endeavor?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2007 09:14PM by Bryan.

Date: February 02, 2007 09:46PM

Dear Bryan:

Wow! I have learned so much. The most important thing I have learned is that life is not near as frightening as I hitherto had imagined it to be. When you are still, really still, when you are with yourself for that period of time, you realize that it all really is quite simple. I feel more confidence than I ever have. And I feel fearless and joyful about the future that awaits me.

On a physical level. I experienced some major detox symptoms. The first major thing that happened is that I got cystic acne all over my back and chest - I never had had a pimple anywhere on my body in my life. I was quite traumatized but knew that it was accumulated toxins working their way out. Now, at day 21, it is beginning to heal and dry up. But I tell you - I never have seen anything like it. My candida symptoms pretty much disappeared - At least the brain fog - Which for me is the most difficult thing to deal with. I never am able to read. But here I have completed an entire course of my online nutrition program and devoured seven novels. Mental clarity - Wonderful!

As a former smoker, I have moved through periods of extreme hoarseness and throat pain. I experienced tremendous pain in one foot for about three days - One that I twisted a month ago getting into my car in snowy Boulder. And the skin on my face is completely regenerated - Like a baby - Smooth and flawless.

So that is it. I am curious to see how the refeeding goes. As I mentioned, it is all fruit. I pray to God that my candida is at the point where this works for me. I think it is..... I will write you all once I take that first bite of watermelon on Monday!

Posted by: uma ()
Date: February 03, 2007 02:38AM

Thankyou, dancerinthenight, for sharing your experience. Your working on yourself in this way, the love you are willing to give yourself, is a real inspiration to me.

Love,
Uma

Date: February 03, 2007 11:53PM

OK. So I am ending a day early. I cannot take it anymore. I have lost almost 24 pounds. Am experiencing genuine hunger at this point. And do not want to leave here so weak that the airport kills me. I feel very proud and excited about what I have accomplished - But fruit - Here I come!!!!!!!!!! 14 hours until that first luscious bite!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 04, 2007 12:02AM

dancer,

How many days of refeeding do you have before you leave the fasting center? Is it 12 days or so? I wonder because Dr Graham will have people fast for 28 days, and spend 14 days refeeding/recovering at his center.

Posted by: Witarianin ()
Date: February 04, 2007 12:14AM

Wow.. Now I wait even more eagerly until I do my first CONSCIOUS fast.. I've done several of them, from one to several days in a row, after being on only one kind of fruit(grapes) for a couple of weeks(Greek style healing).. My favorite one was on Carrot and water.. smiling smiley

But 30 day fast is what I'd also like to "enjoy". Maybe because I haven't had a vacation for last 3 years it is VERY Appealing to Me.. I cannot afford to "take a month off" and do nothing, OR Risk a "blankout" while working at a "normal"=crazy pace like I do..,driving a car .. on a water Fast.

10 to 20 pounds of "lost" weight is about regular "loss" after old, rotting food, from out bowels had been removed, actually that kind of lost weight GIVES us energy.. "gives"= stops poisoning our body allowing for more energy to be conserved.

Dancer.. have you done any additional preparing before fast.. like: different diet, fruit only for week or so..?, and what about mental preparation? Any meditations.?
and while at fast, have you done any bowel flushes..?

Free, Open source.Healthysmiling smiley
F.E.A.R. is
an acronym that stands for, False Evidence Appearing Real
F.A.I.T.H. - the First Attribute IN Thoughtful
Health

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 04, 2007 02:36AM

Witarianin, I just read that quote (F.E.A.R. is an acronym that stands for, False Evidence Appearing Real) in a book I got called "Do It! Lets Get Off Our Buts".

It has a lot of wonderfully funny, witty quotes from different sources, and people.

About fasting..don't know much about it, I did it once while I was raw the first time, for 2 days, and it hurt when I started eating again..burned my throat..the first thing I ate was a banana. Maybe someday I will try fasting again.

Love,
Prism

Date: February 04, 2007 04:27AM

To answer your questions. I am refeeding for 6 days prior to going home. So 22 days of fasting and 6 of eating fruit. So I will still be pretty weak upon returning but not totally spent.

In terms of preparation - It would have been wise. However, I was actually caught in a very self destructive cycle of overeating and was going hog wild on crappy food. So the preparation I did involved doughnuts, oreos, ice cream, chips, and tuna sandwiches - I know - Pretty bad. A huge reason for the fast was to clear my mind and body and create a new beginning - Which I have successfully done. This has been an amazing experience. I recommend water fasting to anyone who wants to change their relationship to themselves and the world.

Date: February 04, 2007 05:14AM

wonderful dancerinthe night.so much better than keeping on how you were.good for you.i don't know if i could of done it.do they remove all food from everywhere?they would have to bolt down the pantry.amazing.I am thinking of doing a little short time fast very soon.amazing and good for you.taylor

Posted by: Witarianin ()
Date: February 04, 2007 11:23AM

Prism:
smiling smiley I got that from Dr. Young... smiling smiley

Water fasting is great, but without proper preparation one may suffer for at least several days up to month of unnecessary detox, or rather "TOX" symptoms.
If 'you' eat cooked meat on one meal, than continue on eating fried, cooked, refined foods like fries, chips, beer, and so on.. unless you'll get diarrhea rotting, undigested meat WILL stay within your body, stinking and rotting for about 7 DAYS !!!

Refined sugars, fats, bread, pasta, potatoconfused smileyTARCH based refined food, eaten with not sufficient amounts of water/ fresh fiber from fruits can "BLOCK" inside of your body for 3, 4 days and more rotting and PRODUCING TOXINS.. so very often "detox" symptoms are simply "RETOXING", poisoning ourselves from within from rotting UNREMOVED FOODS.
:Therefore preparation on one kind of FRUITS ONLY for 3, 4 days "MINIMUM" IS much better approach, and produces less of "detox" symptoms, because eating ONLY ONE kind of watery fruit in large quantities complies with MONO EATING rules, and can DISSOLVE and create an "internal flush", causing sometimes up to 10 pounds of "weight loss", which actually GIVES energy: from stopped repoisoning ourselves from toxic rotting food from within us.

Be VERY Careful in choosing kind of fruit and source of it, ideally should be fresh, ripe, from your area: apples, and MY Preferred green grapes.

it is a VERY strong tool so DO use it wisely. smiling smiley
Only until FULLY understood it produces lasting results, otherwise one should study more, and/or stop at fruit "fasting",

Oh, by the way i think We should ALL change how we call what we do.. It is NOT Diet(!).
It IS PROPER way of eating, PROPER FOOD.
Obviously it can become lifestyle, but, that's what WE make out of it, how WE Interpret nature laws... If one complies with rules that allow for healthy, clear mind, body and actions, why the word "diet"? This "action" should "STOP" being called diet, since it is NOT momentary change of menu until health Is regained, it should be called.. Proper "action"..?, I don't know Guys, maybe a new thread should be opened with name finding for our "behavior" smiling smiley)

Diet should be used "MAYBE" in case of Sportsmen, Models, extreme conditions, survival.
OR maybe not. IF It IS proper it reaches BEYOND FOOD, it allows for us to be CONSCIOUS about ourself, environment, DECISIONS which allows us to stay healthy, current conditions, and LAWS OF NATURE, by which we can SURVIVE in todays fast faced times..
more like philosophy...

Prism, please study some more of "fasting" books.. so you will minimize unpleasant effects like burning throat, and maximize mental, and physical benefits of fast.

If the fruit burned your throat, just maybe.. You've eaten it TOO Quickly.., or maybe fruit was NOT Ripe..?, or You've started with wrong kind of fruit as for current health condition of your body?

"..food Should be kept in mouth until it dissolves to liquid state, and becomes a part of your body inside of your mouth, Before it gets to stomach MANY Vital nutrients can ONLY Be absorbed through mouth, thong.."
That's excerpt from Genadij Malachow book, on "separate and healing diet".

Especially after fast you should dissolve food in your mouth so it won't burn Your throat.
"maybe starting with tomatoes will cause LESS Burning since water/sugar ratio of this fruit is greater than bananas..? How about starting with CUCUMBER? smiling smiley

Dr.NORMAN WALKER, his books can be of GREAT Help in choosing right kind of fruits, veggies to our current conditions, and desired effects/goals/healing needs We might have.

Free, Open source.Healthysmiling smiley
F.E.A.R. is
an acronym that stands for, False Evidence Appearing Real
F.A.I.T.H. - the First Attribute IN Thoughtful
Health

Date: February 04, 2007 03:24PM

Oh my goodness. That little intsy tinsy piece of watermelon was out of this world. So juicy and delectable. I never thought I would be satisfied by such a small portion of food. I am officially stuffed. Wow!

Posted by: greenman ()
Date: February 04, 2007 05:49PM

Inspiring story.

Just curious, how much water did you drink a day? Also, you lost
a lot of weight in a short amount of time don't you have a lot
of lose skin?

No system has ever as yet existed which did not in some form involve the exploitation of some human beings for the advantage of others. John Dewey 1921.

Date: February 04, 2007 07:12PM

I wasn't calculated about my water intake. Maybe 10 glasses a day. And no - No loose skin.

Posted by: alicenubby ()
Date: February 04, 2007 08:42PM

amazing,interesting and inspiring! thanks!

Date: February 05, 2007 12:12PM

dancerinthenight asked that this post be deleted. (Bryan)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2007 05:31AM by Bryan.

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: February 05, 2007 01:41PM

Well Dancer, I guess you're pretty much finished by now. I gather that at the very least you feel - and are - tons than you did when you walked in to the place. Hats off to you.

Taylor, you say that they must have locked all the food away! I know a place in Thailand, where I did a cleanse, (it's called The Spa) where they have a gourmet restaurant right there in the midst of everything. The people doing the program go at The Spa sit and sip young coconut water (which is required on the program as a source of electrolytes - David Wolfe says that young coconut water has more electrolytes than anything else on the planet, but he's given to hyperbole, isn't he?) right there at the restaurant. It wasn't that hard to not drool, but it's also pretty easy! I finished my cleanse with some raw gourmet foods! Not the simple foods that they recommend. And boy what a mistake that was. I was pressed for time and my friend, who made them as part of his job there, offered them to me. How could he? He knew. And how could I knew! Big mistake.

My friend, a long time fruitarian no longer works there. So I don't know if the place is still a good place to go for cleanses. They used the Rise and Shine program with the coffee colemas and other colemas.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Date: February 05, 2007 06:39PM

That was a courageous statement, dancerinthenight.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables