Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

is this detox or what? Help!
Posted by: red_willow ()
Date: February 02, 2007 10:59PM

A really bad thing happened this morning.

So, I'm not 100% raw yet. Or even 100% vegan--Over the past month, as I've been trying to transition and improve my diet, I've had a tiny bit of dairy a few times. My cooked foods have included mainly steamed veggies and small amounts of whole grains.

Anyway, this morning I had some carrot juice, 1 banana, a few strawberries and 1/2 an apple. After breakfast I felt full but horribly weak like I was going to pass out. Protein???

I made myself a soy-based "protein shake" and had almond butter sandwich on sprouted grain bread. I felt a little better.

I spent the whole morning sacked out on the couch, I felt so bad. Something is amiss here. I really don't want to compromise my health. Is that a typical symptom of detox or something else? Any help would be appreciated.

Teresa

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: is this detox or what? Help!
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: February 02, 2007 11:08PM

I think that what happened is you did not eat enough. Having more bananas or some other fruit would have fixed that. Also, take care with food combining, as this makes it easier for the tummy to digest and hence get satisfied.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: mtnkathy ()
Date: February 02, 2007 11:09PM

That breakfast might have been too much sugar for you. Have you ever had blood sugar imbalances? It doesn't sound like detox. It usually takes longer for the detox symptoms to appear.

Posted by: red_willow ()
Date: February 02, 2007 11:50PM

I have never noticed that I have blood sugar problems, but maybe...I wouldn't be surprised. It's not almost evening and I still feel woozy. And I have a headache.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: February 03, 2007 12:48AM

I don't know what that was, it could have been detox, the flu, too little sleep, not enough water, bad food combining, or some weird voodoo the body was doing. I've had fatigue like that when I cut out stimulants. It's not a bad thing, the body just needed to catch up on rest. It took some time of getting extra rest but I got through it.

If I'm feeling tired or weak, the best thing I can do is to rest or take a nap. I have a tendency to decide to eat something then, to try to make the fatigue go away, but that never works, it just postpones needed rest. When I give in and take a nap, often it takes just 10-20 minutes of a cat nap, I feel much better. Eating to change feelings, including fatigue, doesn't work.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 07, 2007 06:26AM

It also could have been bad food combining. I can't eat an apple with any other food without feel some weird effect in my digestive system. Try a breakfast of 3 bananas only and see how you feel.

Posted by: Witarianin ()
Date: February 08, 2007 12:08AM

Wow, That's definitely NOT a detox Symptom,
most likely it was bacteria overgrowth./acid to alkaline change and enzyme "soup" fight that you've made by "accident" It all can be prevented, and avoided.

I believe the key is what was your previous meal before the "horrible" breakfast winking smiley

I'll guess: Dinner probably was some serious starchy/fat foods. or high protein. Possibly cooked.

..Just My guess, yet as a thing to watch out never mix/eat ANY Simple sugars, like apples, bananas, strawberries after protein, or even worse: FATS. changing acidic state of body can take about 12 to 24 hours.
then up to 3 days, large quantity of fruit can cause diarrhea, if by any chance there was a cooked/highly refined meal before fruit.
That's My experience.

ENZYMES and 180 degrees different digestive environment needed to digest fats/ vs simple sugars, can cause some extreme effect on one's body.

Eating soy shake, etc.. did"covered everything and slowed down all digestive processes/including enzymes too.

Probably next time you should have 2, 3 glasses of warm/hot(like a tea) WATER 30 MINUTES BEFORE Your meal.

that'll clear your stomach from previous food creating better conditions for a new food to be digested.

Fresh juices STILL should be drank MONO with proper time given between eating fruit(ALWAYS SWEET FIRST) and vegetables(ALWAYS LATER ONES), and afternoon fats, if any(NUTS SEEDS)

In Nature, say 20 000 years ago, you would never do such thing, or be able to.. carrot, bananas, strawberry and 1/2 of an apple. probably if you would start with apple, than go to strawberry, than banana keeping 20 minutes between each, you would not desire VEGETABLE Juice, which should be drank separately OR ONLY Afternoon, NO negative result would be achieved
Besides there is little chance of finding all of those ingredients in one place without walking 10 miles/ or maybe more..
at the time You would stay at the strawberry field "forever".. that is until satiated smiling smiley, and then go toward carrot field.. You'd get there probably by afternoon: perfect time for a cool delightful, juicy sweeeeet carrot, or chopped by rocks and squeezed with your "canvas shirt?" smiling smiley) ok, i got carried away a little winking smiley

Unless chased by fire You'd never find yourself eating stinking burned vegetables, or meat../ therefore no "negative reaction" to fruits in the morning would be noted winking smiley

Free, Open source.Healthysmiling smiley
F.E.A.R. is
an acronym that stands for, False Evidence Appearing Real
F.A.I.T.H. - the First Attribute IN Thoughtful
Health

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables