Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: I think Friutarian One is right!?!
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: February 06, 2007 01:17AM

Pineapple cannot be a vegetable as there is no such classification as "vegetable" in botany. "Vegetable" is a common household term only and all such plants have their own fancy botanical names (carrot is a root, potato is a tuber, cucumber is a fruit, etc).

And that is PRECISELY the problem, why fruitarianism as it is commonly understood causes problems: too much sugar.

I think that eating of the entire botanical definition of fruit greatly cuts one's sugar consumption and could well be the true path to optimal health.

I eat daily mono-meals of zucchini, squash, peppers, and cucumbers, plus some sweet fruits, and I've found this to be the most optimal balance. I feel FANTASTIC.

I think that eating sweet fruit only is not a good idea given our modern, much sweeter fruit. But for some people it may well work, what do I know.

In conclusion I think that one should undertake fruitarianism only upon understanding the entire botanical definition of fruit- otherwise you may end up eating too much sugar and not enough green- chlorophyll- such as found on the outside of zucchini & cukes.

But I'm only stating my opinion and everyone can eat all the sweet fruit they want. Maybe one day I, too, will eat sweet fruit only.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2007 01:24AM by sunshine79.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: February 06, 2007 01:36AM

marksquire Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ian,
>
> Write to me without the disrespect, and I'll be
> more than happy to have a discussion with you.

At no point I have replied to your messages with disrespect as an intention. I am sorry if you are interpurting my messages as disrespectful, but after reviewing them I don't feel a need to revise them or apologize for there content (I have in the passed, and I will in the future, apologize for messages I've written coming across in negative ways which didn't intend). I'm fairly bad at English, so quite often the things I write come out completely differently to how I intended, but this they seem ok to me.

Respectfully,
Ian.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: February 06, 2007 01:44AM

djatchi, true, nevertheless assuming that strict fruitarianism causes hurt, because it may take years to notice that, even if we don't see any evidence of that, clearly is not a basis for reasonable argument. One could argue against any lifestyle using this flawed approach. Since there are strict fruitarians doing what they do for a periods of time such as 10 years or 20 years, it seems reasonable to expect that they would notice some problems by now, especially since their sensitivity to their body is much higher than in a regular meat-eating cooked foodist involved in an accident.

It seems fruitarianism does work for some, but not for everyone. My guess is that if one decides to push fruitarianism on oneself, without having little connection with their body, then making mistakes such as eating unripe fruit, for example, is so easy to do. Hence, the failure follows. I do not believe that successful fruitarianism can be a purely intellect-driven way of living.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2007 01:53AM by rawgosia.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: February 06, 2007 01:52AM

djatchi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Norman Walker was good enough
> Ann Wigmore was good enough.
> They all had serious health problem and went raw
> and that changed everything for them. They lived
> healthy until their death.

Good examples, btw, what was Norman Walker's health problem? I could only find out about a "breakdown recovery" (I am guessing a mental breakdown?), but nothing about illness.

I'm still not convinced that T.C. Fry isn't a good example, although given the volume of conflicting (or carefully choosen not to conflict) information on T.C. Fry, I don't think it's possible to come to a solid conclusion. Although, if I was to give him the benifit of the doubt, I'd say he was a successful fruitarian.

Cheers,
Ian.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 06, 2007 02:34AM

djatchi,

I curious about what your experience of raw is. Are you currently 100% raw, and if so, for how long? What does your personal experience of raw tell you about the nature of fruit as a food? If you don't view fruit an ideal food, what foods do you find to be more nourishing than fruit?

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: February 06, 2007 02:48AM

I've experienced the same effects of being overstimulated with "energy" after upping my sweet fruit and doing overt fat only a few times a week. I guess in some ways this is quite a shift, not so much in terms of fat but in terms of increased calories form sweet fruit for sure. I've always operated on the assumption that certain foods balance this and i've also removed quite a bit of them.

not too many people here promoting 811 or something simlar seem to be juicing greens. does this factor in - in some way? I read somewhere on here that juicing first thing before sweet fruit somehow makes your body too alkaline to digest the fruit

for awhile I was doing lower fat but also fairly low calories and felt pretty balanced and had plenty of energy for strength training. I am doing of course even less fat then before, is the sign of spaceyness necessarily negative or can it be a sign of the body cleansing in some way of the fat?

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables