Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Aquasana Filter and Vitamineral Green Questions
Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: February 03, 2007 04:40PM

First of all. I just got the aquasana home filter for my sink - Thinking that the minerals lost in distilled water were very important. The water tastes yucky and dirty. Does anyone have this filter? Do you think it is adequate for supplying clean water? Also, are Vitamineral Green and Nature's First Food the same thing - The labels seem identical....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Aquasana Filter and Vitamineral Green Questions
Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: February 04, 2007 03:08AM

Oh dear,

I have had my eye on those Aquasana filters - they sound soo good, but I just haven't been able to get one yet.

Please update if this keeps up, or if it turns out to be temporary. Is there any chance it just seems yucky to you because you are used to the distilled? Has anyone else in your home tried it? I'm surprised, I was under the impression these were very good filters.

So sad you are disappointed with your new filter!

Sapphire

Posted by: Bikini ()
Date: February 04, 2007 03:11AM

Vitamineral Green and Nature's First food are indeed one and the same...

i breathe in
i breathe out
peace
love
joy
Bikini

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: February 04, 2007 01:33PM

For the Aquasana I have the countertop model. I REALLY hope you read the instructions before installing it and let the water run until it became clear! I have no problems with mine except for when my first filters became clogged up, a leak started to develop at the intake valve attached to the faucet spout. I guess the pressure was too high from the filters getting too clogged. This seems to be a common problem. You can check amazon.com and epinions.com for people who experienced the same thing.

As far as the water quality goes, the Aquasana's water is taste fantastic. That is, it does not taste dirty. As a matter of fact it is MUCH better tasting than bottle water IMO.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: February 04, 2007 01:43PM

VeganLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As far as the water quality goes, the Aquasana's
> water is taste fantastic. That is, it does not
> taste dirty. As a matter of fact it is MUCH better
> tasting than bottle water IMO.

That's reassuring! I've got one on order and was starting to get worried when I read the first post.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: February 04, 2007 01:50PM

The one I am using rocks! I am sure you will be happy with it! Where did you order it from?

Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: February 04, 2007 03:25PM

OK. I am sure the filter is fine. I am indeed just used to distilled water with no flavor whatsoever. So it most likely is just an adjustment. Thank you for your responses.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables